Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
what do you think about Ofna JL .21 engine? >

what do you think about Ofna JL .21 engine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what do you think about Ofna JL .21 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool what do you think about Ofna JL .21 engine?

hola amigos
What do you thing about Ofna JL .21 engine
some body have some experence whit this engine??

could be good engine for serius racers , can resist a MAin final 40min.?

habe some tips about this engine?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

There is a huge thread on the mill. So far everyone who has bought one loves it. Not the most brutal raw power mill on the market. It's a deceptively smooth high revving mill. It is tough as nails and cheap to buy replacement parts for. It actually improved my lap times because it is so smooth and predictable. I run it in a ST-RR truggy. I get 8 to 9 minutes on loose tracks and 12+ on high bite tracks. It pulls forever on top. I tested quite a few pipes and the JP-1 seems the best all around.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Its a great engine! One of the most powerful engines I have ever driven. The thing just rips down the straightaway like you wouldn't believe!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for yours opinion,

i open for check it and the engine looks great internally,
very similar to a RB, ports highly modified and very good work in the mill, my fear is in the materials than the metals can go to support a requirement would be in a final B and A, someone knows the ideal temperature at which gives its maximum performance
Old 06-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It is an copy of the RB killer 9. Operating temps will vary according to plug choice, fuel and where you race but for me here in Arizona it runs strong right around 220-240. It has everything you need as far as power, longevity, ease of tune and run times. Its by far the best $175 engine on the market for a buggy..lacks a little punch for truggy. The tune centers around the idle gap, so make sure your idle is set at about .5 MM and tune from there
Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I haven't seen a stock jl run, but i have seen a Clockwork modded one go. It is very fast.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The stock version is very soft off the bottom...the mod version has got killer bottom...... We just ran a Mod JL back to back with a stock Mugen JX and the Mod JL out guns the JX across the entire RPM range, especially off the bottom......We modded the JX and got more from it, but it still wont match the bottom and mid of the mod JL......I have heard some say the mod JL is soft on the bottom, however it is 100% related to tune and setup... when setup correctly the engine has amazing bottom end snap....

durability wise the engine is holding up extremely well....Even when modified we have had zero issues with the engine...
Old 06-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
The stock version is very soft off the bottom...the mod version has got killer bottom...... We just ran a Mod JL back to back with a stock Mugen JX and the Mod JL out guns the JX across the entire RPM range, especially off the bottom......We modded the JX and got more from it, but it still wont match the bottom and mid of the mod JL......I have heard some say the mod JL is soft on the bottom, however it is 100% related to tune and setup... when setup correctly the engine has amazing bottom end snap....

durability wise the engine is holding up extremely well....Even when modified we have had zero issues with the engine...

I will testify as it was my buggy and I was the Pilot....the JL is one Nasty little mill.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

just run my clockwork jl .21 for the first time. Its fast! For the price its awsome!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!
I tray it last weekend JL.21 and try the jammin .21 plus

did not feel much difference, now I'm confused which one to use for competition, what engine use
I felt a little more power jammin to start but nearly equal at the end of the line , but feel the jl is more even and easy to carburize

I realy like the JL.21 was more than I expected, is a competition engine at price of sport engine
Old 06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

stock form i use both in truggy. only reason i run jl more cause its got less use on it. overall the usable, linear power on the jl to me trumps it over the jpx although the jpx is a considerable more powerful mill in stock form and for the sake of trying to be fast the jpx would be the logical choice imo
Old 06-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default stock form i use both in truggy. only reason i run jl more cause its got less use on

thanks for you opinion goin to take it for my choice