ROAR quit being stupid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR quit being stupid

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

You know I actualy used to agree with ROAR....

Yea I understand how they have to draw the line and all of that, but the logic used while drawing these lines are reeking with corruption.
Some bodies are illegal while some bodies that look almost exactly the same are banned?

I wonder what theyd say if every single person turned up with illegal bodies in a ROAR event
Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
+1 look at the cars from the Euros with all the new bodies and the guys over there getting faster and faster and pushing the limit. With ROAR it's like we are racing in 2000 not 2010. My first 1/8 buggy was in 84 and was chain drive with a side exaust OPS and a ATTack stick radio and I had more money in that than in my 2010 Serpent 811 well close. The cars today are very refined versions of the Kyosho inferno and thank god for the aftermarket pushing the limit, it has made for a bad A$$ ride and a great hobby I still enjoy. The aftermarket sponsors people to show the technology and the new products they make not the old stuff and IMO what ROAR did was hurt the aftermarket the companies that help the hobby (sport) grow. It should have been a showcase for new cool stuff, not stuff we find in the discount bin at the LHS. ROAR Member 10-119524
1+ :-D
Old 06-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
You never hear the pros complain, they know there are rules and they have to be followed.
Get over it, its not the end of the world. How much are these rules really going to effect you?
If you only knew. I heard about this rule at the Round 7 of the JBRL Nitro series last october from pro drivers. They are complaining, but like most say, its 1 race per year that these rules apply to.

Losiracer77, I dont think its about the size of the check at all. I just personally think that ROAR is going to cash in on this. I cant blame them, it is a smart business move.

Sickboy, While there are very few events that this has anything to do with. Manufacturers like Amaga, Durango, and Serpent had their stock body classified as illegal. Granted the Serpent in running with that body at the race, so their rules are not even being fully enforced. I also swear i have seen bulldog bodies on the track. Hell, the new Kyosho MP9 TKI2 body is illegal. Kyosho!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

NEW CLASS 1/8 Nitro Buggy Outlaw.....you are restricted to engine size .21 and stock rims.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

are those the only restrictions how about weight,body, wheel base
Old 06-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default ROAR ?

Is roar even worth staying a member anymore? Not really IMO

Heck here in region 11 , our regional "champ" right now is a F main sportsman driver at any decent sized event , roar is not really worth anything anymore and a hinderment to rc innovation .
Old 06-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston

Heck here in region 11 , our regional "champ" right now is a F main sportsman driver at any decent sized event , roar is not really worth anything anymore and a hinderment to rc innovation .
Some tracks make you join because thats the only way you can get insured. If it wasnt for that there would be a lot less ROAR members..One of our local tracks had allot of problems with racers showing up in the beginning because they were a ROAR insured track. It wasnt until they found a way to incorporate the ROAR membership into the race fees when they finally started to get a good turn out. They just charged us all an extra $5 for the first 2 races and gave us our memberships
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Some tracks make you join because thats the only way you can get insured. If it wasnt for that there would be a lot less ROAR members..One of our local tracks had allot of problems with racers showing up in the beginning because they were a ROAR insured track. It wasnt until they found a way to incorporate the ROAR membership into the race fees when they finally started to get a good turn out. They just charged us all an extra $5 for the first 2 races and gave us our memberships
I am well aware of the insurance program and what it is used for but the insurance is only valid at the event that is deemed a ROAR regionals or nationals or whatever . Those same tracks continue day after day to hold club races , events that are not ROAR races and such with no problems . Some tracks have you sign waivers , some actually have another insurance program such as our WWW.ORCNT.COM tour has this year , paid 20$ at the beginning and all is taken care of .
Old 06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Lord

I am well aware of the insurance program and what it is used for but the insurance is only valid at the event that is deemed a ROAR regionals or nationals or whatever . Those same tracks continue day after day to hold club races , events that are not ROAR races and such with no problems . Some tracks have you sign waivers , some actually have another insurance program such as our WWW.ORCNT.COM tour has this year , paid 20$ at the beginning and all is taken care of .
I'm confused now. Are you saying that tracks that use ROAR for their insurance are not covered by said insurance if every race is not a ROAR sanctioned event? Not trying to argue with you, am am seriously asking if this is the case
Old 06-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Prophet

I'm confused now. Are you saying that tracks that use ROAR for their insurance are not covered by said insurance if every race is not a ROAR sanctioned event? Not trying to argue with you, am am seriously asking if this is the case
I. Suppose you would be covered if the said track was roar sanctioned and you were a payed member but you do not need to be a roar member to race at there club races

How's the pestering of the vareck going ? LOL
Old 06-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

I pester Vareck every day. He'd be lost without me, back to the point though the track we have here will not let you race or even practice if you are not a roar member. If you are not a member you are not covered by the insurance and the track will not assume liability for you. I just find it strange that different tracks have different rules. What's the point of having roar insurance if the tracks are not going to use it?
Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+2... i mean we have fast guys but theres noo organization at all.. like whats the point.. i would rather run rcpro all day..it was very organized and straight fwd...had tech inspections etc..
Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I pester Vareck every day. He'd be lost without me, back to the point though the track we have here will not let you race or even practice if you are not a roar member. If you are not a member you are not covered by the insurance and the track will not assume liability for you. I just find it strange that different tracks have different rules. What's the point of having roar insurance if the tracks are not going to use it?
also if something happends,both partys have to be roar memebers,if they are not the insurance wont do anything
Old 06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

I have only. Once seen the type of situation you are describing , it didn't last long

I believe that if you are not a roar member you have to sign a waiver releasing said. Track of all liability along with roars insur. Coverage . I know it works , seen it many times over the years . There is no waiver for a ROAR sanctioned event though

I am in no way saying this is "ok" with roar or anything of the such but I have seen it happen.

ROAR used to be a pretty prestigeous racing body , anymore it has definitely fallen by the wayside and has also got to share its place with many other series/governing bodies so to speak . Such as rcpro for one
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the track we have here will not let you race or even practice if you are not a roar member.
Sounds like a bit of a racket to me, honestly.

If you are not a member you are not covered by the insurance and the track will not assume liability for you.
Awesome! Just draft-up a Hold Harmless And Indemnity Agreement with the track owner: they aren't liable if you get hurt. You can get then get coverage from the link Monty posted higher up, and everyone wins; no being held hostage to stupid regulations.

See? ROAR really IS irrelevant in the modern world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.