R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsitallworth View Post
can you explain this better to me? ive had it happen when I ran RCs two years ago, bought the fancy 60$ failsafe, it still kinda happened and had problems (shitty electronics)

but I would like to learn the rubber band/spring trick. thanks.
put small rubber bands (girls hair bands) going from the point where the servo arm attaches to the carb (near your LSN screw) to the other side like around your fuel inlet or HSN. This will bring the carb back to idle in case your battery dies instead of WOT. Had this happen to me at my last race and put the bands on and it stopped (I had battery problems)

you may need more than one band to make it return, I actually use a carb ret. spring AND a rubber band.
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:11 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

rc_in_mexico, I'm from Tamaulipas but I live in McAllen, TX and race in Harlingen, TX. If you are ever around here send me a PM and maybe you can check out our track in Harlingen. Where are you planning to race? I might race in the next Mexican nats.

Si hablo espanol pero no creo que el foro permita otro lenguaje.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to rc_in_mexico Send a message via Yahoo to rc_in_mexico

Im from wheaton, IL but my family is from Zacatecas and its my current home. I have no RC support in my whole state so ive sorta set up a track with plywood ramps.Im also trying to find ninfo on the Mex nats. Ill be racing near chicago but I might get my dad stop on our way to wheaton. Is it near I-35? I think McAllen is near Waco if I remember.

Yo tambien ablo espaņol pero no hay que ser malos y dejarlos entender
rc_in_mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Ive also thought of what it would be like to race in a demolition race(with slow electric cars). theres people who race nitro and have cheap electric trucks left over they wouldnt mind crashing. this would be great for a new esay going class where you dont need a ton of cash
Old 06-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

hey zjatorad and rc mex the next mex nats are in guadalajara july 9-11 theres gonna be a lot of racers there hope you can make it. check this http://www.conexionrc.com/foro/index.php
tropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Too far away. Doubt my dad would take me on an 16 drive to my first race, even if its the nats
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

r/c demo derby

some place actually host a event for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjjf47r623w
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropy View Post
hey zjatorad and rc mex the next mex nats are in guadalajara july 9-11 theres gonna be a lot of racers there hope you can make it. check this http://www.conexionrc.com/foro/index.php
Hey tropy, I've been a member on that forum for a couple of years but I haven't been active for a while, I was going to attend the nats last year but things came up and I was not able to make it. Unfortunately the next mexican nats is the same date as the RC Pro Series Rd2 in TX so I won't be able to make it down
Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Easy in my opinion is to say no hobby is cheap so spend the money when u have it o n somthin you will be happy with thats why people buy quality race rollers aka losi rollers, mugen mspec so on and so fourth or they buy kits because the kits or (Race Rollers) have way better handling, quality parts to a pros specifications, and more can be done to them! A rtr isnt as quality as a kit because they are made for the beginner who doesnt juat race it right when they get it they normally run it up and down the road learn to tune and will race it once or twice seeing that a kit car is better most people dont buy a kit because of the hipe its because they are more quality most of the time stronger even like a losi 2.0 rtr to a race roller there are some big diffrences that change it considerable like one is weight the lighter ur car is the faster it is most of the time you can give a pro a rtr they will drive smoother but not as fast because the rtr isnt to spec with a kit or roller thats why people buy them also its because there favorite driver has one for example most people have losi why because look what wins alot in u.s. and europe the losi with Adam Drake and Mike Thrue thats my idea and OPINION to all this!!!! just my opinion though would like to see what others will have to correct me please do im here to learn what other think aswell orelse i wouldnt have posted! please and thanks for reading

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the losi RTR's are hard to beat.

just need servo upgrades... but if u burn them up losi will send out new ones. if you use the same ones they use in the truggy for steering and throttle they are not that bad.

and with the RTR's you can always upgrade to the race roller parts from the chop shops on ebay as time goes on.
Dnano
fallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #41
Tech Elite

The best way to save money is to buy the right equipment the first time. Radios, starter boxes, tools, etc, are not wear items and can last a looong time.
Best to invest in the good stuff you'll need, this ain't 1/10th scale anymore, get a radio you can count on.

I can go on and on, but we all see Johny DNF with his mediocre gear and ebay specials DNF'ing every weekend.

Skip all the chaep RTR, DNF quality stuff.

A realistic budget for one car+radio:
D8 $330
Airtronics M11x $370 Or Spektrum DX3r-$300
Ofna Truggy Box $100
Turnigy Lipo 4s 5800mah 25c softpack $50
Turnigy Lipo 2s 1000mah 25c softpack $10
Hitec 7955's $240
RB Ws9 w/2045 $400 (sure there are cheaper mills, but this is a realistic cost for most racing mills)
3 sets of race tires $180
transponder $85
3 cans of spray paint $18

The most obvious example where spending extra to save in the long run is the mighty 7955 servos.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
The best way to save money is to buy the right equipment the first time. Radios, starter boxes, tools, etc, are not wear items and can last a looong time.
Best to invest in the good stuff you'll need, this ain't 1/10th scale anymore, get a radio you can count on.

I can go on and on, but we all see Johny DNF with his mediocre gear and ebay specials DNF'ing every weekend.

Skip all the chaep RTR, DNF quality stuff.

A realistic budget for one car+radio:
D8 $330
Airtronics M11x $370 Or Spektrum DX3r-$300
Ofna Truggy Box $100
Turnigy Lipo 4s 5800mah 25c softpack $50
Turnigy Lipo 2s 1000mah 25c softpack $10
Hitec 7955's $240
RB Ws9 w/2045 $400 (sure there are cheaper mills, but this is a realistic cost for most racing mills)
3 sets of race tires $180
transponder $85
3 cans of spray paint $18

The most obvious example where spending extra to save in the long run is the mighty 7955 servos.
exactly thank you whats i was trying to say buy the right equipment the first time instead of in the long run when u finally give in to buying all the other stuff thats a lil cheaper but dont work half as good

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #43
Tech Regular

I think you can buy an rtr and still have kit performance. take the Jammin RTRs. They share the same parts, but on the RTR theyre aluminum and graphite on the kit. you can upgrade as you go and most guys who go into nitro already have a good radio beacause a lot guys shift from electric to nitro. so you can get into nitro and move up gradually as cash allows