R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #31
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle7 View Post
Didn't you start a thread crying about your battery dying?
and ran away

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I actually just picked up an ammo box. Figured I might give it a try. I mean last week I had a lipo charging between my legs in route to the track (passenger) without a lipo sack. I've already reproduced, so eff it, might as well try both ends of the safety spectrum.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Why is this yet another thread about the same thing??? there is a thread just like this one in Elec off road..

Personaly im at the point that im thinking its a Hoax..

and if it is for real... Tell the people who make the Batts that exploded to stop making sloppy batts and have some quality control going on..

And use Lipo sacks and ammo boxes.
Moogumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #34
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogumby View Post
Why is this yet another thread about the same thing??? there is a thread just like this one in Elec off road..

Personaly im at the point that im thinking its a Hoax..

and if it is for real... Tell the people who make the Batts that exploded to stop making sloppy batts and have some quality control going on..

And use Lipo sacks and ammo boxes.
com'on people! do you really have to see someone's house burned down with your own eyes to believe it?

Here's a thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

47 pages and almost 700 posts and growing!!! Believe it!

Lipo sacks and ammo boxes? Can you tell that to the kids that fly mini rc heli close to my house?

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
com'on people! do you really have to see someone's house burned down with your own eyes to believe it?

Here's a thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719116

47 pages and almost 700 posts and growing!!! Believe it!

Lipo sacks and ammo boxes? Can you tell that to the kids that fly mini rc heli close to my house?

Those Micro heli/plane packs that are 50-100mah are NOTHING in comparison to our 5000+ packs we use in 1/10-1/8.....Now im Not saying they are fool proof as we all know they aren't...but Cells DO NOT Blow up for no reason at all....something HAS to happen to them for a fire to occur.....IE Dead short...shock....mis-use...or improper setting's on the charger.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Those Micro heli/plane packs that are 50-100mah are NOTHING in comparison to our 5000+ packs we use in 1/10-1/8.....Now im Not saying they are fool proof as we all know they aren't...but Cells DO NOT Blow up for no reason at all....something HAS to happen to them for a fire to occur.....IE Dead short...shock....mis-use...or improper setting's on the charger.
And I ask you again: do you think those kids and parents will know what is "proper handling" or "improper setting" on a charger?

Have you seen those chargers that came with RTF mini helis or 1/18 scale RTR cars?

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Eagle7, yes I did start that thread. But it was my fault for the problems, not the battery. I didn't charge it the night before the race. And it was an old pack too, well over due for the trash can.
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
And I ask you again: do you think those kids and parents will know what is "proper handling" or "improper setting" on a charger?

Have you seen those chargers that came with RTF mini helis or 1/18 scale RTR cars?
If ll your going to do is cry go post yor own thread, Go cry to the manufacturers that are producing them, These little air hog helicopters are self charge im almost positiove that airhogs has it under control, im sure that there not going to charge the battery at an ignorant rate as integra said they are like 50 to 100 mah there not going to do much but give you a little scare. (BTW Beautiful cars Integra Your 1.0 with carbon chassis and white whale body as you call them is my iphone backgrpund

Now these rtr !/18ths that come with chargers and batteries have directions that come with them, Doent just about everything now? And again im sure te manufacture doesnt have very high rating chargers i anything there 8 hour plug in the wall charger, You and the original poster can cry and wine all day to ROAR, IFMAR, etc. your not going to get anywhere but sitting on the computer all day emailing or wasting time and miney in court as another guy stated 3+ years wasting money, Its not worth it, Go buy all the mini helis at your walmart or anyting with lipo or lion batteries so that you can sleep safe and sound at night And not hve to worry aboutyour neighbors!

Now im sure friend was traveling with battery wrong in mulitiple ways, first off traveling without a lipo sack is a no no, traveling with a fully charged batter again a no no, And im sure it was a hot afternoon and the lipo was in the back of the trunk melting!! I hate to hear about his tragedy but hey as long as there okay thats what insure is for

Now im 14 and i have not had a SINGLE battery blow up or a close call with anything, i use them in my starter box rx pack radio pack, hell i carry a ticking time box in my pocket if these lipo or lion packs are so deadly!!
CHARGE BATTERIES AT THE RATE THERE SUPPOSE TO BE OR WHAT THE MANUFACTURE SAYS
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by English365 View Post
If ll your going to do is cry go post yor own thread, Go cry to the manufacturers that are producing them, These little air hog helicopters are self charge im almost positiove that airhogs has it under control, im sure that there not going to charge the battery at an ignorant rate as integra said they are like 50 to 100 mah there not going to do much but give you a little scare. (BTW Beautiful cars Integra Your 1.0 with carbon chassis and white whale body as you call them is my iphone backgrpund

Now these rtr !/18ths that come with chargers and batteries have directions that come with them, Doent just about everything now? And again im sure te manufacture doesnt have very high rating chargers i anything there 8 hour plug in the wall charger, You and the original poster can cry and wine all day to ROAR, IFMAR, etc. your not going to get anywhere but sitting on the computer all day emailing or wasting time and miney in court as another guy stated 3+ years wasting money, Its not worth it, Go buy all the mini helis at your walmart or anyting with lipo or lion batteries so that you can sleep safe and sound at night And not hve to worry aboutyour neighbors!

Now im sure friend was traveling with battery wrong in mulitiple ways, first off traveling without a lipo sack is a no no, traveling with a fully charged batter again a no no, And im sure it was a hot afternoon and the lipo was in the back of the trunk melting!! I hate to hear about his tragedy but hey as long as there okay thats what insure is for

Now im 14 and i have not had a SINGLE battery blow up or a close call with anything, i use them in my starter box rx pack radio pack, hell i carry a ticking time box in my pocket if these lipo or lion packs are so deadly!!
CHARGE BATTERIES AT THE RATE THERE SUPPOSE TO BE OR WHAT THE MANUFACTURE SAYS
Please get your "facts" straight, I am not suggesting ROAR, IFMAR or any racing bodies to ban Lipo, I merely suggested stricter safety labeling and maybe tight control over its sell. For seasoned hobbyists I don't forsee it as an obstacle at all. It is mean to be a safety precaution for newbies and uninformed hobbyists.

Also, if you have been with the hobby long enough, you should know that lipo can fail in many ways. They can fail in high heat, over discharged, shorted or even punctured not just wrongfully charged as you mentioned. And I am saying ALL lipo users should be warned and educated on these.

Also, please bear in mind we (the seasoned lipo users here) only represent a very tiny population of lipo users. Lipo are in almost everything and everywhere ad not just in RC, and those users need to be informed as well.

As you also mentioned travelling with lipo without a lipo sack is wrong, and you think everyone knows that? You, me or few other here might know about it but what about the rest of the population? You think the whole wide world just the few of us using lipo?

FYI, Hobbyking ships no less than 2 FCL of lipo to US on regular basis and that's almost 40 metric tons of LIPO (assume 20 footer), if they are 40 footer that's even more! All the lipo that you, me and everyone else in this thread have might added up less than 200kg max, so where does the rest goes? which amounted to 39,800kg! 40 tons and that's only Hobbyking! What about your LHS? Other online hobby shops? And you think we are the only users here? Stop being ignorant... Look at the bigger picture!

Stupidity does kill, so does ignorant...