R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to scoopdaloop
Default Futaba sucks

Same here, I have a 3PK that will endure the rest of its life on the SHELF. I continually get the thermal shut down with the RX. While I run bands on the carb, I would get temporary 1-2 second glitches where I would lose all control. Called Futaba and they could have cared less. They said they had never heard of that problem, bahah whatever Futaba.

Just ordered the M11..

Only other thing you can do to avoid the overheating, is to move your RX to the front battery slot and move your battery to the rear RX slot. Then I put a 2 grams of lead weight on the front to compensate for the weight x-fer.

AE B4.2/Tekin RS Pro/D3.5
I'm a tech nerd, watch out son.
scoopdaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
Same here, I have a 3PK that will endure the rest of its life on the SHELF. I continually get the thermal shut down with the RX. While I run bands on the carb, I would get temporary 1-2 second glitches where I would lose all control. Called Futaba and they could have cared less. They said they had never heard of that problem, bahah whatever Futaba.

Just ordered the M11..

Only other thing you can do to avoid the overheating, is to move your RX to the front battery slot and move your battery to the rear RX slot. Then I put a 2 grams of lead weight on the front to compensate for the weight x-fer.
I have a futaba 3pm for sale .. lol .. man this sucks so bad ... this is a expensive lesson..
Old 06-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sucks for yall. I have the same m11 i got when i started nitro. Did not even hear or know what a thermal shutdown was until i read this thread lol

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:07 AM   #49
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
sucks for yall. I have the same m11 i got when i started nitro. Did not even hear or know what a thermal shutdown was until i read this thread lol

laugh on funny guy ..
Old 06-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #50
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a 3pm also, never knew they had overheating problems though, guess it's time for an upgrade.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post

Just ordered the M11..

I run a 3pk with spektrum 2.4 i wrap my recievers in tire foam and haven't had a problem in over 3 years.
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

The fail safe will only protect if you radio goes dead or if your out of range. If your receiver battery has an issue and if it get stuck in open throttle good luck . A rubber band or a spring attached to your carb will protect your kit if you loose a battery. It will add extra tention but buying a (Hitec) will solve that issue.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcaputo View Post
ok so now i need a new buggy .. i priced it out .. not gonna be worth fixing .. So what should i get now ... lol oh also i have a "slightly used" Ofna for sale ..
Which Ofna is it?

If its an Lx comp I would like to know the condition of the front shock tower.
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #54
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNINONMT View Post
HUH my digital servos take hardly any force to move when there is no power to them. with no rubber band and the linkage off the boot on my carb moves my servo and hold the carb open.
I agree, I have the 3pm and have the failsafe set. But because of heating issues I've heard about ( never happened to me) I use elastic bands for return. Running the futaba 9350 on throttle, the bands return the servo nicely!
And yes I tested it.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #55
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

do not put a return spring on a car, use little hair ties http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goody-Ouch...50-ct/10320307

if you use a spring you will start eating into your air filter and your carb boot.

and the discussion about futaba, i really like the feel of those radios but ive heard to many stories about those receivers going bad and destroying engines. ill stick with my 3r

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products

Last edited by losi_racer; 06-24-2010 at 07:59 PM.
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst2c View Post
+1 except I went to the M11X after fighting thermal shutdown. I did however have my failsafe set so I wouldn't have a run away.
please dont rub it in ... lesson learned .. i really thought it was set .. but cant do anything about it now ...

PS I am starting a curbs suck fund .. anyone wanna donate .. pm me
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #57
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
actually failsafe needs power to work. Only thing a failsafe does is if your radio dies or your out of range. your receiver still needs power for a failsafe to work. and do not put a return spring on a car, use little hair ties http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goody-Ouch...50-ct/10320307

if you use a spring you will start eating into your air filter and your carb boot.

and the discussion about futaba, i really like the feel of those radios but ive heard to many stories about those receivers going bad and destroying engines. ill stick with my 3r
Thats what I stated right ? been running Futaba and Im in hawaii not issues here
Old 06-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #58
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Thats what I stated right ? been running Futaba and Im in hawaii not issues here
i re read it, i swear i read it differently, sorry i corrected it

and i didnt say ALL futabas are having issues, but ive heard and seen my fair share, enough to keep me away

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Which Ofna is it?

If its an Lx comp I would like to know the condition of the front shock tower.
Its a Picco ... and just fyi the front section is fine .. so is the rear .. shocks are good also ... but not sure any would fix lx ??
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #60
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen8605 View Post
FASST receivers and nitro buggys don't mix.

100% False.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote