Wiki Posts
Search

Magazine Race Coverage..

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)
Default Magazine Race Coverage..

Is it just me or is the race coverage really going down-hill?? One magazine in particular (i'm not mentioning any names but if you can read backwards then here you go "REVIRD) seems like they really put forth no effort into a good article anymore. I just read the Motorama article, which seems like a huge race and there was only like 1 1/2 pages on it. What gives?? Just my .02
Old 06-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jspurgin
Is it just me or is the race coverage really going down-hill?? One magazine in particular (i'm not mentioning any names but if you can read backwards then here you go "REVIRD) seems like they really put forth no effort into a good article anymore. I just read the Motorama article, which seems like a huge race and there was only like 1 1/2 pages on it. What gives?? Just my .02
Live updates, coverage and pics on the net same day is what's killed the magazines coverage. By the time the mag hits the stands an event has been over for months, ie: Motorama.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

I wished they add more race coverage. Its nothing but full of ads.... I will not renew any subscriptions after this year. I get better info online for free. And its honest opinions not opinions that are paid for.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I wished they add more race coverage. Its nothing but full of ads.... I will not renew any subscriptions after this year. I get better info online for free. And its honest opinions not opinions that are paid for.

Isnt that the truth

The internet is king, thats where i learn new stuff and get the know
Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Racing makes up a very small part of the radio control hobby.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Bingo. The majority of mag readers just wanna see the cool stuff. They're mostly bashers I would bet. I've never read any of the mags for anything other than something to read to pass the time. I would be lying if I said I didn't learn something once in awhile though.

R/C Car Magazine has some pretty good race coverage and XRC isn't bad either.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Semple
Totally disagree. Racers are the ones that have subscriptions. Most of the info is about racing, and even the ads are more race related. Most bashers dont spend a quarter of what racers spend. Nor do most bashers care about the new bla bla racing 21 engine. Now that the internet is here and strong, the mags are a day later and a dollar short. We have live RC that we can watch the entire weekend of racing live. there are countless forums were companies post information on new products before the mag even get wind of them. Im sorry but every product they test in a mag is GREAT.... BS.... We all know that some of this stuff is trash. But mags are paid to say that are GREAT which sucks.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coaltrain
Live updates, coverage and pics on the net same day is what's killed the magazines coverage. By the time the mag hits the stands an event has been over for months, ie: Motorama.
Yep, these things are tailored to store racks and newbie attention.

I had a couple free subscriptions and we had Car Action send 4 months in 2 months. RC Driver the same and 6 months in pushing for a another full year.

I'm spoiled thou, since my spouse has Dr in her name i get free magazines just no money.

Ehh Bubba.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Im sorry but every product they test in a mag is GREAT.... BS.... We all know that some of this stuff is trash. But mags are paid to say that are GREAT which sucks.
Right! How could you expect honesty from a mag., knowing that if they bashed an advertiser's product they could loose a half million dollar a year account...Everything is Beautiful.
I think the last time I touched one of those "rags" was about three years ago and I'm in the industry! I own a speed-shop and track and can get all those rags for free...But still, no thanks!
Integrity sold out long ago!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Totally disagree. Racers are the ones that have subscriptions. Most of the info is about racing, and even the ads are more r do most bashers care about the new bla bla racing 21 engine. Now that the internet is here and strong, the mags are a day later and a dollar short. We have live RC that we can watch the entire weekend of racing live. there are countless forums were companies post information on new products before the mag even get wind of them. Im sorry but every product they test in a mag is GREAT.... BS.... We all know that some of this stuff is trash. But mags are paid to say that are GREAT which sucks.

race related. Most bashers dont spend a quarter of what racers spend. No

lol i know what magazine your talking about to , and thats why il get the rc 411 magazine .

and yes the racers like us are, the ones who have a subscriptions to magazines. yea i know that half of the stuff they test out isnt all good

and yes us racers to spend more, than the bashers i dont get why some people say the oppsite.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

As an individual, I spend ten times what a basher does in a summer. But for every guy that races, there's 20 bashers. The LHS sells 10 Savages for every truggy that goes out the door. The bashers are where the money is. Why do you think Losi has a zillion RTRs out there and only a handful of the Race Rollers?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I cxl'd all my subscriptions after the '07 worlds when there was only a 1 1/2pages (most were pics) LAME
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the last time i had a r/c magazine was in 1992 and it was RCCA...
Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by K_B
As an individual, I spend ten times what a basher does in a summer. But for every guy that races, there's 20 bashers. The LHS sells 10 Savages for every truggy that goes out the door. The bashers are where the money is. Why do you think Losi has a zillion RTRs out there and only a handful of the Race Rollers?
Yes but bashers do not spend money on their stuff. LHS do not make money selling rtrs or kits. Just ask them. There money come from us serious go there every week racers... Managed a shop for a number of years and through experience racers and fliers is where the money is.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just reading an RC mag now, I see where a reader asks about "copy-cat" cheap & inferior products, and for reviews of them so readers can learn and stay away from them.

The reply was that its not a magazines responsibility to police copied or inferior products, but they would rather use their pages to tell readers about "unique and mostly original products that are offered and supported by advertisements".......opposite a full page Exceed-RC advertisement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.