R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Hobbico Servos (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/409577-hobbico-servos.html)

hlpressley 06-19-2010 07:59 PM

Hobbico Servos

What are your experiences with Hobbico servos? I currently run Hi-Tec 7955-TG's in my Truggy and I love them but thought of giving the Hobbico CS-170 a try in the buggy just to save some cash but don't want junk servos either.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

fatdaddy 06-19-2010 08:03 PM

hobbicos are rebadged hitec's i think

if so you might as well spend the extra $10 and get the hitec. then if anything goes wrong you dont have to worry about it

one8updragracer 06-20-2010 08:18 AM

I run the CS-170 in my truggy and it works fine, only 3 months old but hasn't lost anything.

I think its the same as the hitec 5955 was.

dandrat 06-20-2010 06:33 PM

I have had quite a few of these servo's . I did have one go out on me after about a year , but they are great for the price. There not the fastest out there and they use an odd sized bolt , but everything else is fine. I recommened for there price range.

rcdude236 06-20-2010 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by hlpressley (Post 7563560)
What are your experiences with Hobbico servos? I currently run Hi-Tec 7955-TG's in my Truggy and I love them but thought of giving the Hobbico CS-170 a try in the buggy just to save some cash but don't want junk servos either.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

yep they are the same as the 7955tg. They have the titanium gears. Towerhobbies has one too and its a little cheaper but the same exact thing

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPHD6&P=ML

NuthinFancy91 06-20-2010 07:01 PM

I ran the CS-170's in my buggy, I went through 2 of them pretty quick. One something internal burnt up and left a burn on the case, and the other just stopped working, nothing noticeable. Long story short, I liked mine so my Dad got two for his truggy, then a spare, we had 5 of them within the year, and 4 stopped working. They were amazing the first 3 months I ran them, and then it seemed like that's all they could last. Their CS wasn't helpful either, sent them in being they were within warranty, they said it would be more "cost effective" for them to sell me new servos, barely 10 bucks cheaper than what I got them from Towers for, because the ones I sent in were that bad.

So I got 2 Hi-Tec 7954's and are thrilled to death with them. I ran Hobbico's for a year, and really regret wasting money on them in the first place. Buy right the first time, buy Hi-Tec. I have 4 busted Hobbico Servos sitting in a box in my living room if anyone is interested :D

-Bo

smokinu 06-20-2010 07:32 PM

i have had my cs170 for over 2 years even ran it on unreg lipo for almost a full race season.

never gave me a problem, its now in my blitz doing just fine!

ScottyM 06-20-2010 08:17 PM

I am running a cs170 on steerin and cs160 on throttle, and have had not troubles at all in 6 months of use.. Make sure to set end points correctly and run the snot out of them..

TheFcuddy 06-20-2010 09:01 PM

Good question, it came time to buy a new throttle servo and I checked them out. What does a brand name mean to you? To me, Hitec represents great products and great customer service. I want both, not one or the other. Without the two, to me, it doesn't matter how good it is, it's junk. That's my opinion and I am confident in it because I am confident in the names I choose. This Hobbico stuff felt like a wild goose chase to me, who do I really get to talk if something goes wrong? How many different phone numbers will I have to dial? That was one too many questions for me immediately. Hitec makes it easy. Also, nothing against Hobbico, I am checking out some of their airplanes as we speak. We are talking servos right now.

hlpressley 06-20-2010 09:18 PM

Thanks for all of the input guys. I just ordered two more Hi-Tec 7955TG's. Just couldn't bring myself to take the chance. May pick up one of the Tower or Hobbicos as a backup later on.

mracer 06-20-2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by fatdaddy (Post 7563568)
hobbicos are rebadged hitec's i think

if so you might as well spend the extra $10 and get the hitec. then if anything goes wrong you dont have to worry about it

+1 I have tried to get them fixed...no luck. They are hi-techs but hi-tech refused to work on mine. Hobbico says call hi-tech. Hi-tech says call hobbico. On that kind of purchase add $10 and get someting you don't have to replace but can get repaired.