R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
Even with a good setup, the old trucks don't handle as good as the new trucks. If the old trucks were just as good, they wouldn't of came out with new trucks. The 1.0's and 5T's are still competative, but they Are slower. Sounds like an easy way to get about a second a lap faster, especially in 30+ minute mains, that will add up to over a lap.

well i wish, i had mains there 30 minutes long but really 20 is enough for me before i start crashing . yea the older truggys might be slower but it does depend on who is driving the owner truggy and newer truggy .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
Well luckily enough, you can get Caster parts for it. Most will fit and are substantially cheaper and more inportantly available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well i wish, i had mains there 30 minutes long but really 20 is enough for me before i start crashing . yea the older truggys might be slower but it does depend on who is driving the owner truggy and newer truggy .
ALL depends on the DRIVER!

The BETTER racers could take a Mugen MRX4 & get it to stick like GLUE!

SPEED isnt what you want/need. CONSISTENCY is!

My 2 cents!
expertbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The jumps at our track were getting real triangular ,pointy don't know a better term... causing alot of slapping & flipping on us guys with mbx6 & eight 2.0s --light new styles. One jump especially you would had thought there was piano wire across it "not gonna flip me this time ....sh#@". My daughters mbx5r was the most dialed on the track bar none for the problem soaked up everything tires planted in blown out areas great too. I drove it to see and was a pleasure to drive that day , still is every time I drive it.
MST-1 Nova/MST-1 soon to be brushless
/About a dozen Nitro boats .12-.90/
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just picked up an MBX5T-e my self. I will need some backup parts also, so whats this caster deal? Is caster making a knock off mbx truck? What web sites can i find the parts on?
speedworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Caster used to be a direct knock off but not so much anymore. there is still some cross over between the two like diffs and so on but most of the Caster guys are after mugen parts not the other way around.

As for parts the best site I can think of for the Mugens is Nitrohouse.com
They carry everything you will need, if they dont have it in stock they just buzz down a couple blocks to the Mugen Seiki warehouse and get it. Great group of people there. Customer service is top notch.

A-main carries parts as well but thier shipping cost is questionable for me and thier prices are comparable to nitrohouse. I bounce between the two. Nitrohouse if I need something asap and A-main if I can wait.

Matt
Old 09-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea man , if your club racing its all fair game i got a eight -t 1.0 and its competive, with the 2.0 t heck i even won a race and can keep up with the newer trucks.

older truggys dont get respect man lol.
i own a GS racing xut(only RTR version), i get around the track quicker then every other truggy... even with my eight t 2.0 im slower

i just love the XUT, i drive it with pride, as nobodys said... "in the right hands, it will win"

i do NOT perfer the newer models, my 808 is a '08 model i will not upgrade it, its not worth the price(but i have the 2009 and 2010 conversion kit in my drawer too)

i get around the track faster then mp9's, 2.0s, 6's etc

its like some guy at the track told me that the dx2s is $#%# and its not a good radio.

yet. hes 12th and im top 3.

i do however like big bores on buggy & truggy, once you have that... set it up to your driving style. youll be just as good as you would with a 6t.

rich people an their opinions are overrated.
Driving the best quality cars in the market.
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
i own a GS racing xut(only RTR version), i get around the track quicker then every other truggy... even with my eight t 2.0 im slower

i just love the XUT, i drive it with pride, as nobodys said... "in the right hands, it will win"

i do NOT perfer the newer models, my 808 is a '08 model i will not upgrade it, its not worth the price(but i have the 2009 and 2010 conversion kit in my drawer too)

i get around the track faster then mp9's, 2.0s, 6's etc

its like some guy at the track told me that the dx2s is $#%# and its not a good radio.

yet. hes 12th and im top 3.

i do however like big bores on buggy & truggy, once you have that... set it up to your driving style. youll be just as good as you would with a 6t.

rich people an their opinions are overrated.

i agree man i just love how some people on here love to but down the eight -t 1.0 lol.

rich people opinions lol .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote