Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Alphas, or Novas? >

Alphas, or Novas?

Alphas, or Novas?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Plus4 hands down, with the new TEAM engines out you can get a Plus4C for under $300. Take care of it, break it in correctly, and it will last a while.
If you are running buggy Plus4 is the best engine out, I like the grp until I ran the Plus4. Everybody always compares their engine to a Pkus4 or tries to beat the Plus4-why not just get the best!!!

I prefer Italian loafer instead od taiwainese loafers. Lol
Old 06-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I like my OS engines.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yup my jx does not have a problem at all keeping up with a plus 4. Matter of fact i don't have a problem with speeds on the straight. I keep up and catch them ever so often. For performace it's hard to beat an o.s. motor. Vspec is still king of the track around here.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

the track here that we race is from the mugen distributor the most people have mugen/ninja combos.. I can catch and smoke easily speeds and jx at the race...
GUYS
all engines are good ,buy something that you will have good quality and you know that is good and also something that you can buy if you have the money buy it...
Old 06-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_winner
a result doesnt mean that the engine is better..
The engine will not bring you results ... it is all that you will bring a good result
engine,servo,radio,car,driver,pitman etc ets
And if you look at results nova have more more many better results
true, but how many novas joined? how many alphas joined? out of the many novas that joined, none brought "all" with them? its not with the car also because there was a mugen nova combination also
Old 06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by English365
and alphas are all around cheap motors, i think im going with an alpha
Originally Posted by shady3031
Plus4 hands down, with the new TEAM engines out you can get a Plus4C for under $300. Take care of it, break it in correctly, and it will last a while.
If you are running buggy Plus4 is the best engine out, I like the grp until I ran the Plus4. Everybody always compares their engine to a Pkus4 or tries to beat the Plus4-why not just get the best!!!

you guys are funny
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have all three alphas and currently running the green in my truggy with zero issues and tons of power and consistant tune. I've always run Nova's and wanted to try a more bang for the buck motors and without a doubt the Alpha's are that.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
yup my jx does not have a problem at all keeping up with a plus 4. Matter of fact i don't have a problem with speeds on the straight. I keep up and catch them ever so often. For performace it's hard to beat an o.s. motor. Vspec is still king of the track around here.
In straight up speed and power a Ninja JX will mop the floor with a Plus4 !
Old 06-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Really speaks for itself alphais first place with the orion crf in second,cant get much better than that, i guess its clear what im going with, now does anyone have any alphas that want to sell>>>
if you want new: http://www.championrc.com/

right now he is doing a promotion thing FREE Kal-Gard De-Greaser.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Okay guys Im thinking about changing motor brands and its either going to be an Alpha red head or green head, or an nova plus 4!

Does anyone have any suggestions of which one to choose i know theres going to be conflict and i know with novas im going to be paying for the name and alphas are pretty cheap

Thanks ahead of time
Get the Nova ! Quality !

Originally Posted by shady3031

+1

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like my OS engines.
Yea either Nova or OS. Both great choices.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I have owned both this year and I had 2 alphas. Power great but not easiest to tune and seem to get weak on the bottom after awhile. The nova nice smooth sneaky fast power great quality and worth the money! I now own 3 plus4
Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Its always true that you get what you pay for. Novas are know for their quality and longivity. Had a few nova but dont have much success with it. I am not a good tuner so I want an engine that keeps a tune over time with minor adjustments only. I have a nova that I really like (7bt) solid tune always with a p3 plug. Others I am not lucky with. Although I dont own the new novas but the toro and plus 4 are pretty solid engines IMO.

I do own an orange head alpha and its a pretty solid engine and will keep up or even faster than the plus 4 but not the toro. I use it for club races cause I am not certain how it performs. For big races I either use the ninja or the speed.

The alpha never failed me yet. Its kinda touchy with the changes in temperature. For example I tune it Mid day for the quali but needs to retune it in the mains since its colder already. I never do that for OS based engines. Its not a big tune thou needs to lean it out a bit cause Alphas wants to run hotter IMO around 240-260. Longivity wise, well I still dont know but for its price. Ill buy 2 alphas to get a longivity of a nova. IMHO, the way its going I think I can get 8-10 gallons out of 1 alpha which is pretty good. two gallons already and it still pinches at TDC sometimes. I do own an engine warmer so it helps in the longivity of the engine.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have 2 Alpha's and i stand by them fully. They are great motors. For 200 bucks, you cant really beat them. People are getting 10+ gallons on them, and the power is basically the same as the 21+4C. I get 12 minutes per tank on my buggy. I will be honest, i have done a ton to tame my buggy motor, because its just to much but then i am running the orange heads. The Red head is a perfect motor for buggy.

Now, when my alphas wear out, if i am planning on getting the Nova motors. I love the alphas. But i like the Nova motors slightly more.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

plus 4!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
plus 4!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.