Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alphas, or Novas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

The Novas are hard to beat. Great engines. I have seen the Alphas be hit and miss. Some people have really good luck with them, some have issues. One person with a Red Head will run 250, The other persons will run 310 with the same fuel,plug, carb insert.

Nova for me, !
Old 06-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I like my OS engines.
dont lie frankie! you like my alphas TOO!!!

and as far as reliability!?!?!?!

my engine is 7.75 gallons old.

the only time it flames out is when i have a really bad tune, and i have only dont that once.

my alpha engine has used more money in fuel then what the engine cost's brand new.

and mine is still going strong with Awesome compression and power

Best motors i have ever owned! hands down.

i know a few nova lovers and they too like the power/sound of my alphas!

but they are sponsored drivers..
Old 06-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Engines play a big part of how GOOD DRIVERS drive and how fast GOOD DRIVERS go. For the others (the biggest chunk), they'd better focus on first making sure they maintain and setup their cars/mills properly, next on driving clean lines and keeping their rides on all fours for more than 30s in a row, and THEN they can start about buying this or that engine because it supposedly is better than the rest. a good 90% of the RC "racers" I know spend way too much money on engines which they can't master anyway (be it tuning- or performance-wise)

And, again - I dunno about alphas, i have no clue. They might be the next best thing to happen to RC since proportional radios, I wouldn't know.

Paul
I disagree, my son (12) just started driving, the first engine I put in his D8 was a OS Vspec with 7mm insert. He was all over the place with that thing. Change it and put in a Nova 21-5 and he can control it alot better. The OS IMO is not a ver smooth engine, more of an off and on switch. The Nova is a smooth linear engine, which suits him better. We have all seen that guy at the track with this HIGH POWER engine .28 or something and he is allllll over the place. Engines are just as important to a persons driving style just like a chassis.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Novarossi have better engine now.

Engine is smooth long lasting and bearings are good. Most importantly very easy to drive.

OS use to be smooth but not anymore. Like token said the engine is like a on off switch. The hara version seem overly smooth with lacking in acceleration and too pricey.

Alpha.........team's engine seems ok. But I seen some have problems with it. I will never buy one.

My pick: Novarossi
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Werk's B5....or werk's B6 if you want smoother...
Old 06-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Werk's B5....or werk's B6 if you want smoother...

Garbage.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Garbage.
Oh bullshit !
Old 06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Now guys i ddinnt mean to get anyone in a bad mood on this beautiful friday, but i do appriceate everyones input, i drove a couple red head today and instinatley fell in love never had a motor make me feel like that, smooth bottom end with aan insane top end yall keep it coming for any other people that have this debate
Old 06-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Garbage.
!!! ..................
Old 06-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Oh bullshit !
Just ignore RB Five, I consider him our resident hater on this forum. He's really good at slinging dirt at peoples products and acting like a spas
Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rb Five was booted of The B5 and B6 forum because he was a trouble maker, don't listen to him. B5 and B6 are great motors the forum is 270 pages deep and only he complains all the rest are positive and this is for you mr RB
Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I haven't ran the B5 personally but I have sold a few! From what I have seen at local races this motor has got great power!! The price is very good as well, and if treated properly it will get at least 7 gallons. The Alpha's from what I have seen so far are doing about the same. I have ran many Nova Engines and they are very very good engines but compared to the other 2 they are very pricy. When you account for the pipe/header combo's. It all comes down to your driving style and above all what you are wanting to spend. Just my 2cents.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

RB FIVE must an older member of the Truggyracers web site.
Some people don't forget and just don't care to ever forgive.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rageworks
RB FIVE must an older member of the Truggyracers web site.
Some people don't forget and just don't care to ever forgive.
Wow, I had almost forgotten about that old trademark stuff that everyone got into an uproar about years ago. RB Five has nothing to do with that, he's just one of those split personality type guys that one second loves the product, next second hates the product and bags on it, then 5 minutes later it's the best again quickly followed by it's crap. I called him out on his behavour and him basically calling a few of the posters on my thread liers and he got bent. My self and most of the people on the thread asked him to please stop posting on there, so now our stuff is permanently crap instead of just crap when the meds are worn off lol.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

both are great engines i runa an Alpha and my mate runs a nova tero nero in our truggies. both have great power, good run time, and are very consistent. i bought an Alpha because it is cheaper. novas are good if you can afford them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.