R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

+1 on the HUDY gear we run it and it is the old saying you get what you pay for....Yes its dearer but will last twice as long.
blade954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Amoeba Send a message via MSN to Amoeba Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewrc View Post
Semple that Hudy one is EXACTLY what I'm looking for, its abit more then double the venom one though lol, can you get those from Horizon? My LHS can only get from there
Another option is the Dialed Tool Can: http://www.dialedinc.com/tool.html

I had the Hudy and the Associated tool bags but I find the Dialed tool can is much easier to actually use on the pit table, especially at indoor races where the pit space is limited.

Do Not Taunt Happy-Fun Ball
Amoeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just use a craftsman carry bag. Easy & Cheap.

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_101...+%26+Portables
Loveme_some RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

its all you need. and very cost effective too

Old 06-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with the above two posts. No need for all that fancy crap. Those fancy little bags and tool boxes specifically from r/c companys are a waste. Just go to your local Lowes, or hardware store and pick you out something. I personally use a big Plano brand tackle box you can find at your local walmart. Works great! Has alot of small compartments for small parts. Big compartments for set-up tools and spare a-arms and liquids (glue, shock oil, diff oil) You can't go wrong, and for $30 buks!!

http://www.planomolding.com/tackle/products.asp

BUT, I do however use the Dialed Inc. buggy bag for transporting your buggy/truggy. Its nice and you dont even have to take your wheels off! And I also use a Speedmind transmitter case for my Spektrum DX3S radio, about $34 on ebay. I only have that because, well, its a $249 radio.....

Other than that, for carrying tools, all the fancy stuff I see no point. Could just be more money spent on your R/c.....
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
I agree with the above two posts. No need for all that fancy crap. Those fancy little bags and tool boxes specifically from r/c companys are a waste. Just go to your local Lowes, or hardware store and pick you out something. I personally use a big Plano brand tackle box you can find at your local walmart. Works great! Has alot of small compartments for small parts. Big compartments for set-up tools and spare a-arms and liquids (glue, shock oil, diff oil) You can't go wrong, and for $30 buks!!

http://www.planomolding.com/tackle/products.asp

BUT, I do however use the Dialed Inc. buggy bag for transporting your buggy/truggy. Its nice and you dont even have to take your wheels off! And I also use a Speedmind transmitter case for my Spektrum DX3S radio, about $34 on ebay. I only have that because, well, its a $249 radio.....

Other than that, for carrying tools, all the fancy stuff I see no point. Could just be more money spent on your R/c.....
+1000

my setup is almost exactly the same. just swap the dialed buggy bad for a dialed tire bag
Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yea, no need for expensive things that dont have to be. Thats ridiculous

for example here is some things I think is crazy for people to buy that I think is un necessary and expensive

-glow plug caddy - $11.25 retarded, put that $hit in a empty pill bottle, or a small compartment in tackle box

-ProTek super hauler bag - $149.99!!! sorry, but I can find more things to spend 149 on!!

-Hudy exclusive edition carrying bag - $371.99!!! HOLY FREAKINN CRAP MAN!!! I can get about 2 motors for that!

All these things are expensive mainly for the fancy little logo on the side. Just get you a crate like pictured above an put a couple stickers on that bad boy!!!
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote