Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing my self and Purchase help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Introducing my self and Purchase help

Hi, Tony
And have just joined the Fourm RC tech and really excited because i have never owned a Nitro Truggy rc before.

I am currently about to Purchase a Losi Ten T truggy 1/10 with the ROSS auto start system, i havnt much experience with Modifying however i thought this would be the best rig to buy considering it comes very well equipped.

before i buy id luv some feedback on the rig Because i havnt found much on them weather their a good rig to buy, Pros Cons etc.

Also if anybody owns a Ten T for any pointers in breaking the engine In sort of a Dummy crash course of dos and Donts

Thanks Tony
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Are you interested in racing or just backyard bashing? you will have a tough time finding places to race a gas 1/10. Sometimes if your lucky they will let you run in the electric class. As for the T10, I know nothing about it. I run 1/8 scale truggy and a Mugen at that.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Gotta decide what you are looking to use the truck for. Bashing??? Have at it with the Ten T and enjoy it. Losi makes great products so I am sure it will be a good purchase. Racing??? Get a 1/8th truck or even a nitro(if you have to have nitro) SC truck as it will be easier to find a race class( you could race with the electric SC trucks)
Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by underway
Gotta decide what you are looking to use the truck for. Bashing??? Have at it with the Ten T and enjoy it. Losi makes great products so I am sure it will be a good purchase. Racing??? Get a 1/8th truck or even a nitro(if you have to have nitro) SC truck as it will be easier to find a race class( you could race with the electric SC trucks)
nitro SC

if you wanna race - 1/8 is the only way to go.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
nitro SC

if you wanna race - 1/8 is the only way to go.
Nitro SC is easier to get into a race than a 1/10th gas truck. We had one run with the electric 4x4 SC trucks and it held its own.

I agree that 1/8th is the way to go, but if he is lookin at a Ten T instead of an 8ight T RTR. Gotta be a reason....
Old 06-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

The 10T is great but I would reccomend the losi 8T rtr because it has the same transmitter, not the ROSS but since I had the losi ten-t I'll let u know it's cool until the battery drains after 10 starts. So if u want to charge the battery every half hour to an hour, then go at it. The 8T is more durable for bashing and ready to race! However it is also $300 more
Old 06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

10t and 8t rtr are dialed. The ten t can race truggy with a small fuel tank mod. they rip.

People need to buy them. this is the affordable truggy class so we should make room for them.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah but like mattozx6rr Said are you racing or bashing? Thats a big differnce. If I was bashing than for shure the 10t but if I was racing I would get the 8T (trust me I have two of them )
Old 06-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
10t and 8t rtr are dialed. The ten t can race truggy with a small fuel tank mod. they rip.

People need to buy them. this is the affordable truggy class so we should make room for them.
For that matter, we have guy's here that run them with buggys.
If you have lightening quick reflexes, these things will run with anything.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arco
For that matter, we have guy's here that run them with buggys.
If you have lightening quick reflexes, these things will run with anything.
Yea my friend ran his in truggy at a trophy race. he is a really fast driver and it was hysterical watching that little thing battling for the win. Cool thing was when i was pitting i didn't need to bring the starter box. I hope they get popular i want one.

He had his pimped out with the white wheels and a custom scheme. People standing around were loving it. Looks hot when you take the chrome off it and put white or yellow wheels on.

Gold springs in the rear, diffs 7-7-2. Dialed.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Yea my friend ran his in truggy at a trophy race. he is a really fast driver and it was hysterical watching that little thing battling for the win. Cool thing was when i was pitting i didn't need to bring the starter box. I hope they get popular i want one.

He had his pimped out with the white wheels and a custom scheme. People standing around were loving it. Looks hot when you take the chrome off it and put white or yellow wheels on.

Gold springs in the rear, diffs 7-7-2. Dialed.
This is the current hot set-up here: Wheels & Tires.
More options are on the horizon, can't wait.

Last edited by Arco; 08-23-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arco
This is the current hot set-up here: Wheels & Tires.
More options are on the horizon, can't wait.
Your track is beautiful. We need to fly down there !
Old 06-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Your track is beautiful. We need to fly down there !
Thank you!
Come on down, being able to run here in the winter is a treat worth the flight.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw a full class of ten-t's race at family hobbies in NJ. It's the only class i stopped what i was doing to watch. They were running lap times close to nitro buggies and are no joke. I think the ross system needs to go and a slightly larger fuel tank and it would be killer. It's not a nitro sct, it's a 1/10 scale 8t. And it's bad.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hambone
I saw a full class of ten-t's race at family hobbies in NJ. It's the only class i stopped what i was doing to watch. They were running lap times close to nitro buggies and are no joke. I think the ross system needs to go and a slightly larger fuel tank and it would be killer. It's not a nitro sct, it's a 1/10 scale 8t. And it's bad.
Even with the added weight of the ROSS system, these things are serious business.... If you're quick enough to handle the task.
Everyone here loves the ROSS system (no bump box) so I have not seen a lightened one run as of yet, but removing it would shed a lot of weight.
To help develop the lightning reflexes you'll need to unleash the true potential of this bullet, some Losi dealers include a free micro to practice with.

Last edited by Arco; 08-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.