Search

Introducing my self and Purchase help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arco
Thank you!
Come on down, being able to run here in the winter is a treat worth the flight.
yea you bet. Ny to fl aint to bad. You got gators near the track ?
Originally Posted by hambone
I saw a full class of ten-t's race at family hobbies in NJ. It's the only class i stopped what i was doing to watch. They were running lap times close to nitro buggies and are no joke. I think the ross system needs to go and a slightly larger fuel tank and it would be killer. It's not a nitro sct, it's a 1/10 scale 8t. And it's bad.

You can put a 2.0b tank in it with alittle adjustment with the heat gun. You bump the tank in by the clutchbell.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrTenT
Hi, Tony
And have just joined the Fourm RC tech and really excited because i have never owned a Nitro Truggy rc before.

I am currently about to Purchase a Losi Ten T truggy 1/10 with the ROSS auto start system, i havnt much experience with Modifying however i thought this would be the best rig to buy considering it comes very well equipped.

before i buy id luv some feedback on the rig Because i havnt found much on them weather their a good rig to buy, Pros Cons etc.

Also if anybody owns a Ten T for any pointers in breaking the engine In sort of a Dummy crash course of dos and Donts

Thanks Tony
Sorry to get carried away on your thread.

Here's what you need to know:

1.The engine does not really need much break-in, because of the use of ROSS the engine purposely does not have a ton of pinch.
We break them in here by running 3 lazy tanks through them, doing figure eights so every thing (diffs, engine, brakes) seat proper, then let her rip!

2.Do not use oily fuel like Blue Thunder it will screw up your one-way bearing.
This engine likes 30% fuel. Use Byrons Gen 2, Nitrotane or O'donnells.

3.Use this to keep your one-way the right way.

4.Get an extra one of these because while you're learning how to handle this thing "big air", you will take some wing hits and it will bend.
Once this happens, take it off, hammer it back and double up with the new one (it will fit two) and it's bullet proof.

Like all high powered R/C, it takes some patience but it does not get any easier then the 10T.

Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by Arco; 08-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
yea you bet. Ny to fl aint to bad. You got gators near the track ?
Ah, you must of seen the canal next to the track.....The fence keeps the cars out of the water and the gators off the track.

Last edited by Arco; 06-17-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

i would just go ahead and buy the losi 8ight-t 2.0. It is a really tough truck and would be a good beginner truck for anybody. another plus is that just about any offroad track runs 1/8 nitro truggy
Old 06-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Wow!! Thankyou very much for the Intel, Im Fairly New to Nitro RC's so i dont think ill be racing anytime soon maybe in a few Months after some Bashing and Learning how to control it. Im sure this truggy will be popular as it is a serious Contender so i dont see why a class wouldn't be made for 1/10 racing.

But Till then i just think its a great truck.

Is the ross system durable when it comes to bashing i mean ill take care but over confidence always gets in the way as im sure every person on this forum can understand

a better Batt would probably be at good upgrade