R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Sidewinder World's 30% vs. Team Stryke 30%??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/408354-sidewinder-worlds-30%25-vs-team-stryke-30%25.html)

FLHX1550 06-15-2010 08:42 AM

Sidewinder World's 30% vs. Team Stryke 30%???

Not allot of info out there on the Stryke formula, wondered which is the better way to go racing 1/8 Off-Road?

I am currently running RC8T CE with Orion CRF/ABI 7-Port Ceramic Bearings. Been using Blue Thunder Rae 30% so far with everything going just fine, but would consider going to a higher quality fuel.

2fst2c 06-15-2010 08:45 AM

Kinda wondering the same thing. I'm using 30% Championship now and wondered about switching to the new stryke.

FLHX1550 06-15-2010 08:48 AM

I saw a thread that said the Stryke was 9% oil vs. the 11% in the Worlds. It's obviously a different oil (color) I think the Worlds is Klotz (redish/orangish like that of Byron'w who uses Klotz)

RC-ZOMBIE 06-15-2010 09:33 AM

Color is dye not oil color

Alan D. 06-15-2010 09:51 AM

Sometimes its oil color;)

Torian4000 06-15-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by FLHX1550 (Post 7544582)
Not allot of info out there on the Stryke formula, wondered which is the better way to go racing 1/8 Off-Road?

I am currently running RC8T CE with Orion CRF/ABI 7-Port Ceramic Bearings. Been using Blue Thunder Rae 30% so far with everything going just fine, but would consider going to a higher quality fuel.

If you're considering switching to a higher quality fuel, you should give Cold Fusion a try. I won't say his name but someone in your local mnnitroseries has been testing it with good results. I'm not just saying it's good fuel because I run for their team. I've tried just about every fuel out there over the past 5 years but once I ran Cold Fusion it was clear to me what I would stick with going forward. :nod:

RC-ZOMBIE 06-15-2010 09:55 AM

?

RC-ZOMBIE 06-15-2010 09:57 AM

Elaborate please?

hobbieguyz 06-15-2010 09:59 AM

Strike

We picked up sidewinder team strike fuel this year. We ran byron fuel last year and its a good fuel. The strike seems to run cooler at the same settings than byron, I have 8 team members running it and haven't had a problem...

FLHX1550 06-15-2010 10:17 AM

Considered the Cold Fusion, but nobody around the Twin Cities carries it, and after calling the manufacturer it sounds like a good product.

As far as who's running it in the Nitro Series I know who it is, but I'm definately not one to jump on the Bandwagon.

If fuel was the key to winning, we'd all be bunning Blue Thunder cause the guy who laps the field in both buggy and truggy class is now running it (sponsored).

Seriously considering the Sidewinder due to (1) Availability, (2) No After-Run Worries, (3) Multi-Viscosity Properties

I understand that asking a "what fuel is best" thread is like asking a motorcyle forum "what kind of oil is best". It's all opinion.

That's why I asked if anyone could tell me the difference between the Stryke and World Blend 30% formulas.

secretsg 06-15-2010 10:21 AM

What I really like to know is where we can get it in in gallon jugs. Both Horizon and Towers (Great Planes) only carry it in quarts...

xxxtcr 06-15-2010 10:23 AM

I run the new purple fuels(stryke team) and it is fantastic, Runs clean, good oil, lowers temps, and lots of power, better run time than the red fuel too

Torian4000 06-15-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by FLHX1550 (Post 7544965)
Considered the Cold Fusion, but nobody around the Twin Cities carries it, and after calling the manufacturer it sounds like a good product.

As far as who's running it in the Nitro Series I know who it is, but I'm definately not one to jump on the Bandwagon.

If fuel was the key to winning, we'd all be bunning Blue Thunder cause the guy who laps the field in both buggy and truggy class is now running it (sponsored).

Seriously considering the Sidewinder due to (1) Availability, (2) No After-Run Worries, (3) Multi-Viscosity Properties

I understand that asking a "what fuel is best" thread is like asking a motorcyle forum "what kind of oil is best". It's all opinion.

That's why I asked if anyone could tell me the difference between the Stryke and World Blend 30% formulas.

Sorry bud, didn't mean to hijack your thread. You're correct, Kendall could run cool aid in his engines and everyone would try it if that's what it was all about. I was just making a suggestion. It's all about tunability, power and protection when it comes to fuel. I'm sure the Sidewinder is good stuff. I think Sean from Full Throttle runs it so maybe you could ask him about it.

pdmustgt 06-15-2010 10:36 AM

I switched from 30% pro race sindwinder to team strike 30%. It runs cooler now with the tune had to lean it alittle

FLHX1550 06-15-2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Torian4000 (Post 7545036)
Sorry bud, didn't mean to hijack your thread. You're correct, Kendall could run cool aid in his engines and everyone would try it if that's what it was all about. I was just making a suggestion. It's all about tunability, power and protection when it comes to fuel. I'm sure the Sidewinder is good stuff. I think Sean from Full Throttle runs it so maybe you could ask him about it.

Sean runs Byrons 30%/9%