Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting the Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

its just that everyone says they are the fastest engines ever but i ran down them with my green Alpha and my dad ran down and passed 2 this weekend down the straight with a stock 8 gallon old JPX 21. thats my biggest question. i know they are good quality and good costumer service. not complaining there, i just thought they were faster, thats all.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
its just that everyone says they are the fastest engines ever but i ran down them with my green Alpha and my dad ran down and passed 2 this weekend down the straight with a stock 8 gallon old JPX 21. thats my biggest question. i know they are good quality and good costumer service. not complaining there, i just thought they were faster, thats all.
You know i thought the same thing till i drove one.They got a good power. But it doesnt have the top end. But the low to mid range is smooth and its really good. Heres is the motor i would recommend. ive heard great things about it, it has a smooth power band, and its really fast on top end.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=355
Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

speed is in the gearing not the motor, Also it's possible they didn't have it tuned right and geared different. I don't worry about speed any engine can go fast down the straight but over all the Werks engines are very hard to beat for the reasons listed and please don't take this the wrong way but Italian built engines/materials they use are Superior to Taiwanese/Malaysian engines.I do hear the Alpha's are very nice and working well and the JPX .21 is my second favoritemade in Italy. But please don't take my comments personal as they are not directed or intended in that manner.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
You know i thought the same thing till i drove one.They got a good power. But it doesnt have the top end. But the low to mid range is smooth and its really good. Heres is the motor i would recommend. ive heard great things about it, it has a smooth power band, and its really fast on top end.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...roducts_id=355
The B6 is supposed to have the top end the B5 might have lacked. Also it is supposed to have the compariable runtimes to the +4's and Vspecs... all at $230 how can you lose?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

The B6 has all the power the B5 has just with a smoother bottom designed as a buggy engine with even better fuel economy Honestly I don't know how you get smoother than the B5 but /Werks did it and the B5 doesn't lack anything on top with the right gearing and pipe. If you want more top end get the B7 stupid fast with right gearing and pipe, to much for most tracks.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
speed is in the gearing not the motor, Also it's possible they didn't have it tuned right and geared different. I don't worry about speed any engine can go fast down the straight but over all the Werks engines are very hard to beat for the reasons listed and please don't take this the wrong way but Italian built engines/materials they use are Superior to Taiwanese/Malaysian engines.I do hear the Alpha's are very nice and working well and the JPX .21 is my second favoritemade in Italy. But please don't take my comments personal as they are not directed or intended in that manner.
yeah i like my Alpha and all and it gets great runtime but i still want my GRP back. so my next engine will be the GRP copy, that TQ racing is importing.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

The B-5 is over all the best bang for the buck. Sure there are engines that are faster down the straightaway but most of your racing is done in the tight technical area of the track not on the straightaway.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

yeah i like my Alpha and all and it gets great runtime but i still want my GRP back. so my next engine will be the GRP copy, that TQ racing is importing.
I seen that, even better low end and better fuel economy than The original GRP,that is awesome. should be a great engine
Old 06-14-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

I seen that, even better low end and better fuel economy than The original GRP,that is awesome. should be a great engine
i tried one out this weekend and its better than the tuned GRP, faster, smoother and better run times. the guy that had the engine is pitting at 8 min and it temps at 175-180 and its not even fully broken in yet
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

i tried one out this weekend and its better than the tuned GRP, faster, smoother and better run times. the guy that had the engine is pitting at 8 min and it temps at 175-180 and its not even fully broken in yet
nice!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey jmaxey, A couple of reasons
1. Italian made
2. Awesome customer service on the forum every day.
3. last 9 gallons or more with no rebuild even bearings and con rod
4. crazy power from bottom, mid, to top w/right pipe 2013/2057
5. smooth usable power
6. reliable
7. super great fuel economy
8. easy to tune
9. runs 220-230 all day
10. but heres the best part all this at $199! and B6 @ $229 even smoother. B6 is compared to Nova plus .21-4C at $350 also check out the B5 & B6 forums if you haven't yet

You have to drive one to believe it, I was skeptical at first too.
BAM!!!! the best comment ever...you would have to drive to believe it!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
would like some input on what i should get for my D8........engine,pipe,starter box,servos etc. looking at a motor in the 150-250 price range with good run times

thanks
Heres what i say. Get the b6, 2013 pipe, 2 7955tg servos, ofna blue truggy starter box, get a 3pks or m11 remote they are both good. Get a decent charger, atleast a 1600mah receiver battery and you are set. That is heck of a buggy. Imo you cant get much better. Also with the d8 get the aluminum servo horn for steering. The plastics strip out easy.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Heres what i say. Get the b6, 2013 pipe, 2 7955tg servos, ofna blue truggy starter box, get a 3pks or m11 remote they are both good. Get a decent charger, atleast a 1600mah receiver battery and you are set. That is heck of a buggy. Imo you cant get much better. Also with the d8 get the aluminum servo horn for steering. The plastics strip out easy.
+1
Old 06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thinking about trading or selling my electric for one but i dont know if i handle the tuning and that stuff
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bbrace3m
thinking about trading or selling my electric for one but i dont know if i handle the tuning and that stuff
i sold my electric for one and i love it. You really do have to learn though. But at the track just ask people questions. i have figured there more than willing to help. It doesnt take long to learn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.