Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project: Mud Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow Project: Mud Buggy

Mud bogging is very big here in mexico and I dont know anybody else here in my town has a "real" rc car so Im gonna convert my buggy to a mud bogger. Are there any paddle tires for buggies? And what can I do to waterproof my buggy? I run OFNA Bones tires, Hitec 645 steering servo and an OFNA Force 28 engine on my OFNA Ultra LX One. Any help is welcome along with pics if anybody has done this before

Last edited by rc_in_mexico; 06-20-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_in_mexico
Mud bogging is very big here in mexico and I dont know anybody else here in my town has a "real" rc car so Im gonna convert my buggy to a mud bogger. Are there any paddle tires for buggies? And what can I do to waterproof my buggy? I run OFNA Bones tires, Hitec 645 steering servo and an OFNA Force 28 engine on my OFNA Ultra LX One. Any help is welcome
I wrap my reciever and servos in balloons its kind of hard to get on but there pretty much 100 percent water proof. Im pretty sure Proline makes paddle tires for buggys
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Research how to water proof your electronics.. took me 4 seconds and here is what I found..

http://rcvehicles.about.com/od/rcwor...MoistureRC.htm

Answering your question to the dot.

Search for paddle tires on any hobby site.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...e+tire&x=0&y=0

I really don't see why you needed to start a thread for this.. its simple research... do your own research and people will be much more inclined to help you.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Old 06-19-2010, 11:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop

Research how to water proof your electronics.. took me 4 seconds and here is what I found..

I really don't see why you needed to start a thread for this.. its simple research... do your own research and people will be much more inclined to help you.

I wish People would resarch more an not just ask Question and start new Threads all the time i only as a Question if i can not find the info i need on here and after i Googled it.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont mind the new post.. now i know that people are mud bogging with buggys

i need to see a video of this
Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

isnt that what a forum is for? to ask questions?
Old 06-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (80%+)

yeh its wat keeps the forum going if we had no new threads then it would die off

i also want to see vid's
Old 06-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

lets see some pics when you get it done
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yuppi1
isn't that what a forum is for? to ask questions?
Yep your right this is what a Forum is for but it gets OLD seeing the same Thread What is the Best Motor for my Buggy or Truggy. And Who makes the Best Buggy. Stuff like that Gets OLD when you have been on here for a couple of Years and see it Over and Over and Over when all they had to do was look it up.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Yep your right this is what a Forum is for but it gets OLD seeing the same Thread What is the Best Motor for my Buggy or Truggy. And Who makes the Best Buggy. Stuff like that Gets OLD when you have been on here for a couple of Years and see it Over and Over and Over when all they had to do was look it up.
In that case.....why are you asking about the Underdrive for the MBX6? Am sure it's covered in the MBX6 thread!!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Thats not at all what this thread was about. If you didnt want to give any informative help, then why did you bother to even post at all. Helping fellow R/C'ers is what the forum is here for. If you dont want to help someone out or a topic doesn't intrest you. Instead of entering the threat just to say something completely irrelevant and or harsh, try simply ignoring it and finding something that intrest you.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

I found the same stuff you posted but it didnt tell me if I needed anything special to protect my air filter and those tires are for trucks. I saw XTM has paddle tires and beadlock wheels on their new buggy but I cant find them anywhere. I also started this thread to see if anybody had done this before. I understand what you mead about a thread for every question but i didnt find what I needed in any other thread
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Who cares what the guy asks. It is just as easy to skip the thread and move on then it is to sit in here and complain. Maybe the guy is lacking internet skills, or decent connectivity, or whatever, who knows.. Maybe if we post what we know, then the next guy who does search will find your answer and wont bother you again with a dumb question because you answered it some place already. Many things to ponder huh...
Video using the tires.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQhJnP4ot-c
To the original poster.
I found these online after some digging.
They are on a German website.
Link to Website

As for protecting your air filter, I strongly suggest using an outerwear and possibly elevating it or creating some sort of airbox.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Got any videos/clips of what you are intending to do?

It may be worth running truggy wheels and tyres to give better ground clearance, and the wider tyres may help you stay on top of the mud better rather than digging in and grounding out....you probably have to alter your gearing though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.