Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Used NovaRossi 21-4 vs. OS VZB vs. NEW Werks B5 or B6? >

Used NovaRossi 21-4 vs. OS VZB vs. NEW Werks B5 or B6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Used NovaRossi 21-4 vs. OS VZB vs. NEW Werks B5 or B6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Used NovaRossi 21-4 vs. OS VZB vs. NEW Werks B5 or B6?

NovaRossi 21-4C, O.S. VZ-B, RB WS7...all going for bargain basement prices on the used market for $200-250.

Werks B5 or B6 for $200-230 brand new.

Which would you choose?

With the introduction of the Werks B5, is it safe to say that they have effectively shifted the price point of a true competition-based .21 engine?

Old 06-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Always buy new engines. I am not going to say any of these engines are better then the other but the werks b5 is a great mill at a great price and if you get it new you know what you are getting. A buddy of mine has one in his truggy and loves it. I can't say that I know many people who have a used motor and love it however.

But if $250 is in your price range check out the JS motor. I love mine more and more every time I drive it. Its so smooth and easy to tune. I have been running P4 plugs on mine and I change them at a gallon just to be sure. Also it works with most pipes well (not the JP pipes however) so that may not be any more you have to spend in that department either.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

b5 or b6
Old 06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Get new and the Nova plus 4c or normal plus 4 thats a awesome mill. It think it will outlast the OS and the Werks i believe.

The eb mods JS motor is a wicked screamer from what i have noticed at the races. They run strong and come broken in. Plus the EB mods guys are cool people to deal with. good engine good price.

also look at the Nitrotec r21 it's basicly a nova p4 in a p5 case. 279.99
Old 06-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

see i would never buy a used engine. If those were new i would have to think buggy or truggy.

In buggy i would go nova +4, in truggy i would go vspec(actually ninja jx .21)

I didnt like the b5, the guys b5 who i tried said he loved it, tons of power and i thought it was junk, but everyone else says they love werks b5 so i may not be a good test for the werks
Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like my Werks B5's. I get a lot of "screamer" comments at the track. It is a powerful engine.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have purchased 1 used engine and I got lucky. The guy that sold it to me was very honest. I don't usually buy used engines because they all have 2-2.5 gallons on them and I don't believe a word in the ad. I have sold used engines and never had an issue because it boils down to honesty. Never buy a used vspec. Os engines are great engines but they can be abused and font hold up to it too well. If that's your budget then it's a b5 or b6. 5 in a truggy and 6 in a buggy. The b6 is supposeto be smoother on the bottom. That being said you do get what you pay for. I love os engines and modded os engines are even better. They tune easy and don't give me any issues. Idk about the longevity of the werks engines but the novas do last. So either go with a werks or save up a little more. And get a nova it will last longer than the vspec. Os did discontuine the vspec so there's bound to be something new from os comming soon.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been a long time OS guy and just recently made the switch to Werks
B5 and I'll tell ya they are nice engines and are super strong runners... For the price and ease of breakin and also the power you can not beat it... OH and dont for get the stellar tech support at your finger tips right around the corner on these pages...