R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr steering push (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/406383-losi-8ight-t-2-0-rtr-steering-push.html)

bacchus 06-08-2010 12:19 PM

Losi 8ight t 2.0 rtr steering push

Feels like I have start turning a few feet before the turn actually starts to make a good tight turn. Feels pushy. Anyone else experience this and know how to dial it out? The tires I was using were the correct ones for the track. Thanks!

Fabtech813 06-08-2010 12:44 PM

It shouldnt be as bad as you make it sound, there is a slight push with this truck. The first thing is I would check the servo saver. make sure its able to hold the wheels turned while going around the corner.If its to loose the wheels will want to straighten out under force and it will take the truck forever to turn.Also you maight want to recheck the steering endpoints..make sure you have full throw both directions.

Frank L 06-08-2010 01:24 PM

full throw on the steering servo is very important. The next thing I would do after checking the servo travel and servo saver is to lower the front ride height by 2mm that will make the front sit a little lower and increase steering. You can also run a heavier wt oil in the rear shocks to transfer the weight forward.

morkendi 06-08-2010 01:28 PM

Are you still running the stock servo as well? The 650 is ok to start and learn on but really should get replaced at some point. They are not really up to the task of holding power once you get skilled enouph to really carry some speed in the corners. I would get a decent servo and crank down the servo saver a little bit.

bacchus 06-08-2010 03:00 PM

Thanks for the input so far. Servo saver has been adjusted. No help. I'll double check it again. Running a JR9100T for steering. Servo not an issue. Endpoint are set to full lock.

Fabtech813 06-08-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by bacchus (Post 7515888)
Thanks for the input so far. Servo saver has been adjusted. No help. I'll double check it again. Running a JR9100T for steering. Servo not an issue. Endpoint are set to full lock.

Full lock with the truck on the ground or with it elevated?

bacchus 06-08-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fabtech813 (Post 7516566)
Full lock with the truck on the ground or with it elevated?

I usually check it elevated. I'll try it on the ground. I'd think it'd be the same. What am I looking for?
Also, does anyone know if the stock caster,toe, and antisquat are the same on rtr to race roller. I drove a friends electric race roller and his steering was so sensitive I could barely drive it compared to mine. This is what has me confused. We compared everything and all seemed the same except mine is nitro.

DuckStang 06-08-2010 09:04 PM

Did you check your diff fluids yet??? I had the same trouble with my today, checked all diffs and the front was very low. Filled it back up with 7k and this thing is unreal.

RsDrake77 06-08-2010 09:07 PM

losi pushing

been told hevier weight fluid in diif will help with a push

Fabtech813 06-09-2010 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by bacchus (Post 7517568)
I usually check it elevated. I'll try it on the ground. I'd think it'd be the same. What am I looking for?
Also, does anyone know if the stock caster,toe, and antisquat are the same on rtr to race roller. I drove a friends electric race roller and his steering was so sensitive I could barely drive it compared to mine. This is what has me confused. We compared everything and all seemed the same except mine is nitro.

Even though it is a strong servo, with the weight of the truck on the ground it still may not be reaching full throw. Just something to check....try adding some endpoints while it on the ground and see if the is an increase.Also, maybe check and see if you have the speed of the servo turned down in the radio settings...

bacchus 06-09-2010 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by DuckStang (Post 7517599)
Did you check your diff fluids yet??? I had the same trouble with my today, checked all diffs and the front was very low. Filled it back up with 7k and this thing is unreal.

Went thru all the diffs before the last race. Fresh 7/10/3.

Toiffel 06-09-2010 05:46 AM

this may sound stupid, and don't take it the wrong way, but have you considered slowing down before the turn, sometimes the truck is carrying soo much speed that it would make it seem that it pushes..... I had a slight push too, and eliminated it with a heavier sway bar in the rear....just my 2cents....

bacchus 06-09-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Toiffel (Post 7518757)
this may sound stupid, and don't take it the wrong way, but have you considered slowing down before the turn, sometimes the truck is carrying soo much speed that it would make it seem that it pushes..... I had a slight push too, and eliminated it with a heavier sway bar in the rear....just my 2cents....

It is very possible i'm trying to overdrive the vehicle. It just seems others are turning better. Also, a friends electric 8ight t 2.0 race roller seemed to steer much better than my rtr nitro version.

bacchus 06-09-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Toiffel (Post 7518757)

One difference from my rtr to the race roller i drove(besides mine nitro his electric) was that he had 2.5mm sway bars front and back and i have 2.3mm. I can't believe that it would make such a night and day difference tho. But then again i'm still a newbie.

bacchus 06-09-2010 11:46 AM

Any other theories?