R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #31
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
im sorry but the Jammin is alot better than you think. have you even driven one? i have driven all the truggys because i switching to something else. but honestly i have no clue why i did. the last race i ran my X2, i won by almost 2 laps in Pro truggy. also you talking about 0 offsets being better is wrong. the jammin was built for half offset but people are getting the extenders to run 0 offset just because you can find those wheels easier. i still have my X2 and probably still run it some. but jammin has just as good of steering as teh HB, no joke, it just turns differently. the HB is easier to drive fast but the X2 is just as good, i even think im faster with it.


but I<3RC:
do not get an RC8T RTR, they have alot of problem, mainly shocks. the RC8T kit is awesome not going to lie but the RTR isnt. the Jammin X2 RTR is good and all but buying it then convert will end up costing you double of what a complete race kit with all electronic and engine would cost. go to ebay and bid on each part piece by piece. i did my kit that way, took me a month but i built my complete kit for $250 total. but i already had engine and electronics. also the RTR doesnt even have the same chassis as the kit. BUT the X2 RTR is good, the only must IMO is the shock towers (bend super easy) and a bump box. the roto start strips very easy. also my kit i have right now is 6 races old but its going on ebay sunday, unless i decide to keep it.
yea ill proably just save a little longer and get the kit then what do you think it will cost me to complete the whole kit though?
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #32
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,015
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
yea ill proably just save a little longer and get the kit then what do you think it will cost me to complete the whole kit though?
depends on what you go for

but around these parts $400 for kit still
good servos are another $200(you need good servos trust me on this)
engines can be had for $200(werks,alpha,etc.)
set of tires$80
exhaust pipe...range from $40-$130 depending on what you buy
rx packs $20 bux

it really depends on what you buy TBH but don't let that scare you even if you have to wait a little longer in the end you'll be much more satisfied with the kit over the RTR and it'll be cheaper in the long run because a lot of the parts included with the Kit such as the shock towers,chassis,etc. are expensive(in retail hobby stores) you can try ebay which is def much cheaper but I haven't seen much jammin stuff online lately
__________________
T5M 7.5
22 3.0 7.5
SickWitiTRacing(Jayson)
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #33
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

sweet but in your opinion what is a hella good kit?
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #34
Tech Adept
 
triplebvalp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Valparaiso, FL
Posts: 180
Default

Hey I<3RC,
I thought you were set on the X2 CRT or RC8T. The X2, in my opinion, would be the best choice and the cheapest BTW.

If you are looking for the "best" kit around then you might consider these two:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Truggy-Kit

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Truggy-Kit

I have driven both ... the build quality and parts quality of the Xray can't be beat.

However, you should really talk to the local racers and also check your LHS for parts availability.
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #35
Tech Addict
 
scoopdaloop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas... I go to college in Arizona.
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to scoopdaloop
Default duh

Ya, if you would read, I stated I had the Jammin for almost a year and a half. Its all opinion bud, don't get all worked up. Sheesh.

And yes, it is clear that it is outdated. Seems odd to me when many of their tops drivers leave for other companies.. I won with the Jammin also dude, I'm not saying it can't win but for an ENTIRE package to race, Jammin is a little behind on several features.

As for the zero offset, sure it was designed for 1/2 offset as at that time everyone ran 1/2 offset. However why wouldn't you switch? The amount of traction gained from 1/2 offset does not in my opinion outweigh the gains in steering and balance.
__________________
Tekno SCT410/OrionR10 Pro + Novak 4.5 Ballistic/Hitec 7955tg

AE B4.2/Tekin RS Pro/D3.5
I'm a tech nerd, watch out son.
scoopdaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #36
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
Hey I<3RC,
I thought you were set on the X2 CRT or RC8T. The X2, in my opinion, would be the best choice and the cheapest BTW.

If you are looking for the "best" kit around then you might consider these two:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Truggy-Kit

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Truggy-Kit

I have driven both ... the build quality and parts quality of the Xray can't be beat.

However, you should really talk to the local racers and also check your LHS for parts availability.
i was but everything else is always an option
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #37
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
sweet but in your opinion what is a hella good kit?

i would get the kit: 250 ish if bought piece by piece on ebay if your patient
Alpha engine (orange head but i run the green head in my truggy too): 210
Alpha 0801 pipe: 80
hitec 7955: 120 (i think)
hitec 7950: 100
M11 radio (not the M11X): 275

thats the best IMO
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #38
Tech Apprentice
 
nitro crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 86
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone looking for a jammin truggy x-2crt I have one for sale, 250.00 obo roller minus wheels tires no motor or electronics, I'll throw in a x-1crt mostly complete plus lots of other spares for both trucks. If anyone is interested e-mail me donjr38@att.net...
nitro crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
Ya, if you would read, I stated I had the Jammin for almost a year and a half. Its all opinion bud, don't get all worked up. Sheesh.

And yes, it is clear that it is outdated. Seems odd to me when many of their tops drivers leave for other companies.. I won with the Jammin also dude, I'm not saying it can't win but for an ENTIRE package to race, Jammin is a little behind on several features.

As for the zero offset, sure it was designed for 1/2 offset as at that time everyone ran 1/2 offset. However why wouldn't you switch? The amount of traction gained from 1/2 offset does not in my opinion outweigh the gains in steering and balance.
i want to know what makes it "out dated" i mean yeah its older and all but very capable to beat drake and lutz and all of them. nothing is wrong with the truggy. the reason people are switching is because ofna isnt paying them as much as others. nothing to do with the product. it has been said multiple times in magazines, alot of people thought ofna was going to stop making stuff because they back their pay down. just sayin.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #40
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i would get the kit: 250 ish if bought piece by piece on ebay if your patient
Alpha engine (orange head but i run the green head in my truggy too): 210
Alpha 0801 pipe: 80
hitec 7955: 120 (i think)
hitec 7950: 100
M11 radio (not the M11X): 275

thats the best IMO
hey, jmaxey51 would you use all that in any truggy or just the jammin?
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #41
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
hey, jmaxey51 would you use all that in any truggy or just the jammin?
in every truggy. i even run all of that in a buggy, just the orange head Alpha is to much for a buggy IMO but i run the Green head in both buggy and truggy. however the orange head has more bottom end grunt, and is great for truggy. im getting one for my truggy very soon.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #42
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
in every truggy. i even run all of that in a buggy, just the orange head Alpha is to much for a buggy IMO but i run the Green head in both buggy and truggy. however the orange head has more bottom end grunt, and is great for truggy. im getting one for my truggy very soon.
hey, jamxey what about that D8T of your? its good right? because if im going to get a kit i might as well get a good one.
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #43
Tech Adept
 
I<3RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avondale, AZ
Posts: 179
Default

oh, and for an engine what about the axial .28RR-2?
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #44
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
hey, jamxey what about that D8T of your? its good right? because if im going to get a kit i might as well get a good one.
the D8T is awesome, i love it! best thing i have driven. very durable too. only the bearing in the rear diff case are bad and will come apart fast. also the servo horn on the steering is junk, youll need the 7 dollar aluminum one. but other than that its perfect out of the box. im running the stick setup with 7k-10k-3k in the diffs front to rear. and did you see the price on a new kit? 325 you cant beat it. you can get one even cheaper on ebay sometimes.

also dont get anything but a 21. 28 are to much and gas hogs. what is your price range on a engine? you can get an ofna JL 21 for 175 (i think) on nitrohouse.com and that engine will fly.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #45
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
hey, jamxey what about that D8T of your? its good right? because if im going to get a kit i might as well get a good one.
If you get a d8t go to stormer hobbies and look theirs. They have a free starter box that comes with it! i run the d8 and i love it. Ive ran the d8t and it was great too. I think that if you end up getting the d8t you will be happier.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JAMMIN X2 CRT!!!! luis carballo Nitro Off-Road 1009 02-07-2015 02:53 PM
Hong Nor X2-CRT Discussion GP/EP Wenbiao Singapore R/C Racers 2398 04-03-2014 09:40 PM
Jammin CRT X2? thecman26 Nitro Off-Road 15 10-25-2007 02:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net