R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Hey I<3RC,

I race/practice with a X2 CRT almost every weekend (had her since Christmas)... The X2 is an extremely worthy race Truggy right out of the box. Yes, the X2 is somewhat "out of date" but with the right setup and driver, she will run with the best of them.

I happen to run the Chad Bradley "standard setup" on shock angles, 40 front/50 rear, 7f/15c/3r diffs, stock springs with front level and rear slightly above level. Still using the 1/2 offset wheels ... really don't see a need to go to 0 offset.

The X2 turns extremely well and is "heavy" enough to keep her firmly planted. The brakes are great and she is almost bullet proof. The only part I have broken is the front bumper brace ... real poor jump and centered a 2x6 with the bumper.

There is no need for any aftermarket parts to make the X2 race competitive.
triplebvalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #17
Tech Adept

yea thanks man there is a guy with one at one of my local track and it looks like a sick truck and everyones saying its an out of date truggy and that truck is a serious beast i've seen the guy win like 15 mains haha
I<3RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i just dont understand whats so outdated about the truggy. if you can drive you can win with anything. the Jammins are great. worth every penny IMO. i hated my jammin X2 buggy but i have loved the other 3 jammins i had, the X2 is by far my favorite jammin. i only switch to HB because of pricing and it fits my style a little better but still i might drive my X2 truggy on some practice days.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

What's so bad with the steering?
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
i just dont understand whats so outdated about the truggy. if you can drive you can win with anything. the Jammins are great. worth every penny IMO. i hated my jammin X2 buggy but i have loved the other 3 jammins i had, the X2 is by far my favorite jammin. i only switch to HB because of pricing and it fits my style a little better but still i might drive my X2 truggy on some practice days.
yea it seems like a great truck to me but for some reason people keep bitching about the steering it seems fine to me
Old 06-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Hey I<3RC,

There is absolutly nothing wrong with the steering. As I have stated in an earlier post, mine steers fine using the stock 1/2 offset wheels and a Hitec 7955 servo.

If more steering is needed, going to hub extenders and 0 offset wheels would take care of any issues.

Actually a couple of weekends ago, I was practicing with another Truggy (RC8T) and was able to cut inside of him on every turn. He couldn't believe it so, we switched controllers and he was amazed how well the X2 cornered.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Sounds good, I just bought a nice Pro X2 roller that I'm going to convert to BL.
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to scoopdaloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebvalp View Post
Hey I<3RC,

I race/practice with a X2 CRT almost every weekend (had her since Christmas)... The X2 is an extremely worthy race Truggy right out of the box. Yes, the X2 is somewhat "out of date" but with the right setup and driver, she will run with the best of them.

I happen to run the Chad Bradley "standard setup" on shock angles, 40 front/50 rear, 7f/15c/3r diffs, stock springs with front level and rear slightly above level. Still using the 1/2 offset wheels ... really don't see a need to go to 0 offset.

The X2 turns extremely well and is "heavy" enough to keep her firmly planted. The brakes are great and she is almost bullet proof. The only part I have broken is the front bumper brace ... real poor jump and centered a 2x6 with the bumper.

There is no need for any aftermarket parts to make the X2 race competitive.
If your are still using the 1/2 offset, then you are seriously missing out on the amount of steering you can have. I had the X2 the day it came out till about 4 months ago.. I ran zero offset for a while and it was a completely different truggy as opposed to using 1/2. If you run on a technical/tight track then run 0 offset with no hub extender.. however if you're running on a larger tracking with sweeping turns then try the 6mm to 12mm extenders.. I like the 6mm.

Let me tell you when you run the zero offset with no extenders.. the truggy handles like a buggy! The two things that were really out of date with the truggy was the weight distribution which was too far back in the truggy compared to others and also the length of the chassis is significantly shorter than its competition. Also the wheel base is smaller than the D8T, Losi, MBX6T.

The only upgrades I had on the X2 was the mono mount, hub extenders and the king headz steering plate.

I really wouldn't get an X2 anymore, besides the fact that its outdated, the support is horrible with Ofna. Just my .2 cents. Either way, just have fun with whichever route you go.
scoopdaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawgga View Post
yes the x2 is a tank but the steering is lacking imo at least for me a little help will be nice r2 what setup you using diffs shocks
The diff oils are 10k front,20k center,3k rear. 50wt. Losi front and 45wt. Losi oil rear. I have the JL .21 Pro for power with a Jp-4 and runs 9:30 on time, very smooth powerband.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
great truggy. love mine, its box stock. not one single upgrade. very durable too and comes with some great bearing. i bought a bearing kit from a broken down X2 off ebay for back up and havent needed any so im using them on my HB D8T which i run now. still have the X2 CRT though. easy to setup also. i ran 7k front 10k center and 3k rear and 40wt in the shocks all the way around. works at every track i have been too. the only problem really is they use half offset wheels and most people run zero offset now. but to be completely honest with you the HB D8T blows the jammin away in almost every way, and its cheaper. i would take a look at the D8T before you buy. but the jammin is great too.

are you buying the pro kit or RTR? if RTR it will need the kits shock towers.

my rating on the kit from scale 1-10 is a 7.5-8.5 just depending on the track. and HB is a 11
haha yea but i dont really want a d8t looks like a great truck and all but i am looking for either a jammin x2 crt or an RC8T
Old 06-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #26
Tech Adept

hey jmaxey51,

i'm proably going to but the rtr for either truck i get the jammin x2 crt or rc8t. and i herd the rc8t is horrible rtr but im planing to buy the rtr of either truvk and just in the summer time just convert it to race roller status
Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to scoopdaloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3RC View Post
haha yea but i dont really want a d8t looks like a great truck and all but i am looking for either a jammin x2 crt or an RC8T
What is your reasoning behind getting an X2? I would get the RC8T over the Jammin.. you have to realize that Jammin doesn't seem to be focusing on RC so much right now but rather on full scale racing..

AE B4.2/Tekin RS Pro/D3.5
I'm a tech nerd, watch out son.
scoopdaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
hey jmaxey51,

i'm proably going to but the rtr for either truck i get the jammin x2 crt or rc8t. and i herd the rc8t is horrible rtr but im planing to buy the rtr of either truvk and just in the summer time just convert it to race roller status
RTR is not the way to go trust me when I tell you...you'll end up dumping way more to get it race roller your best best is to save a little longer and get the stuff you want/need to complete the car. Especially if you plan on racing and when getting the Kit you can install a pro setup as a baseline and tweak from there(BUT my only real advice as I am sure others would agree do not GO RTR)....
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Quote:
hey jmaxey51,

There's nothing wrong with a RTR ... well, nothing wrong that a few hundred dollars won't fix New radio system, new servos, new shock towers, just to name a few "things" that would need to be upgraded.

Save your money awhile longer and start out right with a kit.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
What is your reasoning behind getting an X2? I would get the RC8T over the Jammin.. you have to realize that Jammin doesn't seem to be focusing on RC so much right now but rather on full scale racing..
im sorry but the Jammin is alot better than you think. have you even driven one? i have driven all the truggys because i switching to something else. but honestly i have no clue why i did. the last race i ran my X2, i won by almost 2 laps in Pro truggy. also you talking about 0 offsets being better is wrong. the jammin was built for half offset but people are getting the extenders to run 0 offset just because you can find those wheels easier. i still have my X2 and probably still run it some. but jammin has just as good of steering as teh HB, no joke, it just turns differently. the HB is easier to drive fast but the X2 is just as good, i even think im faster with it.

but I<3RC:
do not get an RC8T RTR, they have alot of problem, mainly shocks. the RC8T kit is awesome not going to lie but the RTR isnt. the Jammin X2 RTR is good and all but buying it then convert will end up costing you double of what a complete race kit with all electronic and engine would cost. go to ebay and bid on each part piece by piece. i did my kit that way, took me a month but i built my complete kit for $250 total. but i already had engine and electronics. also the RTR doesnt even have the same chassis as the kit. BUT the X2 RTR is good, the only must IMO is the shock towers (bend super easy) and a bump box. the roto start strips very easy. also my kit i have right now is 6 races old but its going on ebay sunday, unless i decide to keep it.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote