Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to change my buggy... Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

Default Want to change my buggy... Which one?

Hello! I want to change my Hyper 9 to another chassis, want to try some new car. Which can you recommend? I was already trying Asso RC8, Xray 808, Hyper 9 2.0. The plastic of RC8 quickly fragment, the parts starting to babble very quick. The xray 808 has understeer... Hyper 9 - all ok, but want to try new another car
Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mugen MBX6, мой друг
Old 06-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

you can try AGAMA A8. for me it has alot of steering and the weight of the chasis is very balance !!!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

you can listen to everyones "personal flavors" all day long...........until you actually drive them on your home track, you'll never know..........I suggest asking some friends at the track if you could possibly test their cars to help you make a wise decision.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

On our local and country tracks I was tested the cars of my friends, they were Kyosho MP9, Losi 2.0, Mugen MBX6. They all drives very well, and I dont know what I nedd to buy...
Old 06-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

You want the hb d8. Just as good as the rest for a heck of a lot less.
That was a pretty good sells slogan right?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F-1
On our local and country tracks I was tested the cars of my friends, they were Kyosho MP9, Losi 2.0, Mugen MBX6. They all drives very well, and I dont know what I nedd to buy...
MBX6 очень конкурентоспособна, и детали очень высокого качества, А не изнашивается в течение длительного времени

or,

The MBX6 is very competitive, and the parts are very high quality, and dont wear out for a long time
Old 06-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, Losi 2.0 or MBX6.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:28 PM
F-1
Tech Regular

What hop ups I need to buy for Losi 2.0 buggy??
Thanks
Old 06-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hot Bodies D8.. Anyone that has driven mine has been amazed at how well it handles, and I can't set up a car for anything.. Only other I would consider would be a Kyosho MP9, but I can't afford one, so I run HB..
Old 06-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Losi

I don't run a Losi right now but it is the buggy of choice around here. Very tough and tunable. Hot Bodies is another good one for being tough and tunable. Parts availability would be the deciding factor for me.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
you can listen to everyones "personal flavors" all day long...........until you actually drive them on your home track, you'll never know..........I suggest asking some friends at the track if you could possibly test their cars to help you make a wise decision.
+ 1

Very well said! I like AE, and will tell you to buy an RC8B, but I know they(read: every top manufacturer ) all have their perks and quirks. Drive your buddies' rides and see what feels good for you ( keep in mind while driving, that a bad setup may hinder a smart decision )
Old 06-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Go to ur Local track and see what most of them run. That way you can get help with set ups. also see what buggy parts does your LHS carries. It will make it easy for you when you break parts to buy it in your LHS instead of ordering it and waiting days for it to get to you.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the HB D8 is amazing. i couldnt believe it till i bought one. i almost bought a Mugen MBX6 because i drove alot of them and turned some amazingly fast laps with them too but in the end i went with the HB and im so glad i did. i bought one and never even drove one, i figured i was going to have to buy tons of spares and everything because i thought they broke alot and everything but man i was wrong, they are extremely durable. mine is box stock with the exception of the aluminum servo horn. paul (MadRussian) has seen my improvement once switching to HB, it was a huge improvement i think, but Paul might correct me on this but anyways the main reason i love the HB is that they settle down extremely quick, my average lap is within a second of my fastest now, i hardly crash with it. with my D8T (i know your asking about the buggy but just throwing in the truggy info too) i can go a whole main without getting marshaled once. and with buggy i now only get marshaled maybe 1-3 times versus with other brands (including a few heat races i ran with the MBX6) i would get marshaled 4-6 times in a heat race, but with the D8 i wont get marshaled that much in a main. consistency is key, it its way easier to achieve consistency with the HotBodies.

just my 2 cents.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:36 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
the HB D8 is amazing. i couldnt believe it till i bought one. i almost bought a Mugen MBX6 because i drove alot of them and turned some amazingly fast laps with them too but in the end i went with the HB and im so glad i did. i bought one and never even drove one, i figured i was going to have to buy tons of spares and everything because i thought they broke alot and everything but man i was wrong, they are extremely durable. mine is box stock with the exception of the aluminum servo horn. paul (MadRussian) has seen my improvement once switching to HB, it was a huge improvement i think, but Paul might correct me on this but anyways the main reason i love the HB is that they settle down extremely quick, my average lap is within a second of my fastest now, i hardly crash with it. with my D8T (i know your asking about the buggy but just throwing in the truggy info too) i can go a whole main without getting marshaled once. and with buggy i now only get marshaled maybe 1-3 times versus with other brands (including a few heat races i ran with the MBX6) i would get marshaled 4-6 times in a heat race, but with the D8 i wont get marshaled that much in a main. consistency is key, it its way easier to achieve consistency with the HotBodies.

just my 2 cents.

i would say HB D8... can't beat the performance for the $., the material used on the HB susp arms and other plastic parts are very tough & very durable.. the mugen mbx6 handles excellent but it is not as planted as the D8 and the material used on the susp arms are not as durable as you would think....

my .03 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.