R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
By the time you add all the upgraded parts to make it equivalent to top shelf brands, its not quite the bargain that it appears.
Look at any of the Team HB drivers, and you will see they have every option part (especially lightening) on thie rbuggy or truggy.
I can honestly I have never broken anything on my Mugens that shouldnt have broke.
A 40+ mph landing as wrong as possible into the face of a jump should break arms
It may not have broken my old z-car arms, but the cvd would have looked like a banana
Probably a few months ago i had a go 7 port go as fast as it good probably a 20 yard starit into a peice of of solid steel and only a 3.84 part was the cost. This is with a hb d8.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trevor15308

i would get the agama buggy or the hot bodies d8
Old 06-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #33
Tech Master

Kyosho MP9, there is no substitute...
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #34
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
Kyosho MP9, there is no substitute...
you had to throw that in there.... sweet!
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
you had to throw that in there.... sweet!
haha of course! I love these "what should I do?" threads, every fan boy comes out of the woodwork, including me! I think I can make a good case though, Cody's cars run a long time with very minimal maintenance. It blows me away how long his practice cars will go even with all the abuse. The drive train is just rock solid.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
haha of course! I love these "what should I do?" threads, every fan boy comes out of the woodwork, including me! I think I can make a good case though, Cody's cars run a long time with very minimal maintenance. It blows me away how long his practice cars will go even with all the abuse. The drive train is just rock solid.
had a kyosho axils on my Jammin, out lasted 2 sets of jammin ones
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:21 PM   #37
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
thanks for stoping by this party
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to roychan69 Send a message via Yahoo to roychan69 Send a message via Skype™ to roychan69

Quote:
Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty! View Post
Hot Bodies D8.. Anyone that has driven mine has been amazed at how well it handles, and I can't set up a car for anything.. Only other I would consider would be a Kyosho MP9, but I can't afford one, so I run HB..
[QUOTE=NitroFreakManHo;7506255]+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
the HB D8 is amazing. i couldnt believe it till i bought one. i almost bought a Mugen MBX6 because i drove alot of them and turned some amazingly fast laps with them too but in the end i went with the HB and im so glad i did. i bought one and never even drove one, i figured i was going to have to buy tons of spares and everything because i thought they broke alot and everything but man i was wrong, they are extremely durable. mine is box stock with the exception of the aluminum servo horn. paul (MadRussian) has seen my improvement once switching to HB, it was a huge improvement i think, but Paul might correct me on this but anyways the main reason i love the HB is that they settle down extremely quick, my average lap is within a second of my fastest now, i hardly crash with it. with my D8T (i know your asking about the buggy but just throwing in the truggy info too) i can go a whole main without getting marshaled once. and with buggy i now only get marshaled maybe 1-3 times versus with other brands (including a few heat races i ran with the MBX6) i would get marshaled 4-6 times in a heat race, but with the D8 i wont get marshaled that much in a main. consistency is key, it its way easier to achieve consistency with the HotBodies.

just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
i would say HB D8... can't beat the performance for the $., the material used on the HB susp arms and other plastic parts are very tough & very durable.. the mugen mbx6 handles excellent but it is not as planted as the D8 and the material used on the susp arms are not as durable as you would think....

my .03 cents
+3

The HB D8 buggy is very competitive in price; you don't have to spend much on a good kit to be in the podium.

Comparing the weight with the others like the MBX6 and the X-Ray, it's heavier, but you'll not 'feel' it on a track; the D8 exhibits a much lighter car, agile but stable, that's important when racing.

The arms were durable, mine gone through 5 mains and I have not need to replace them yet.

When it curved ('banana') due to landings, just flip it over.
Those little cuts and nips that protruded/surfaced due to the lower arms scrapping; just use a sharp pen knife to 'trim' it.

Also good were the diffs, they don't leak.

Simply put, the D8 buggy is easy to drive.
roychan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

buy used ones on at a time until you find the one you like i have done this and have found my self liking the xray expensive parts but good car understeer can be fixed with setup is very good stable car. but that is just for my style i liked all the cars i have tried and if had more money like i use to would try all the new ones but since i dont will stick with what i like for now the xray
i have had rc8b losi kyosho good but too much buggy for me mugen mbx6 z-car
serpent is what i would like to try the durango looks cool but might be handfull from early testing but who knows one of the fastest out there cav. drives a rig that most people consider horrible all of them are fast for the right guy
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to roychan69 Send a message via Yahoo to roychan69 Send a message via Skype™ to roychan69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
buy used ones on at a time until you find the one you like i have done this and have found my self liking the xray expensive parts but good car understeer can be fixed with setup is very good stable car. but that is just for my style i liked all the cars i have tried and if had more money like i use to would try all the new ones but since i dont will stick with what i like for now the xray
i have had rc8b losi kyosho good but too much buggy for me mugen mbx6 z-car
serpent is what i would like to try the durango looks cool but might be handfull from early testing but who knows one of the fastest out there cav. drives a rig that most people consider horrible all of them are fast for the right guy
Yes, in the end, it's the driver.
roychan69 is offline   Reply With Quote