Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
im going to have to say the WERKS B5
+ 2 Werks B5
Old 06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T
+ 2 Werks B5

yea maybe i should of got the werks engine ! are they just as tight as the rb engines ?

the rb from the factory seem to be hard to get started ! i had a nova .21 bf and it was easy to say running.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea maybe i should of got the werks engine ! are they just as tight as the rb engines ?

the rb from the factory seem to be hard to get started ! i had a nova .21 bf and it was easy to say running.
Go over a few pages on http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-engine.html you will see why this engine is a hit. Also if you have any questions the owner (Ron) itself will answer any questions that you get, from tunin,pipes etc... Customer service second2 none.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T

Go over a few pages on http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-engine.html you will see why this engine is a hit. Also if you have any questions the owner (Ron) itself will answer any questions that you get, from tunin,pipes etc... Customer service second2 none.

yea i been to the werks b5 page on here , thats good that the owner will answer your questions.

the next time il get the werks engine.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The Werks engines are sub par, Get a nova plus 4 Ninja or a Vspec or something. Better quality. Those werks peak out quick. The drivability isn't there compared to a higher end mill. Seem like a good deal till you try a good engine.

Go get a Nova or OS, You won't be dissapointed like i was with my werks.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
The Werks engines are sub par, Get a nova plus 4 Ninja or a Vspec or something. Better quality. Those werks peak out quick. The drivability isn't there compared to a higher end mill. Seem like a good deal till you try a good engine.

im guessing of your screename you have ran rb engines ? im just sending it out to a engine mod place to break it in.

im sure once its broken in it should run good.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

im guessing of your screename you have ran rb engines ? im just sending it out to a engine mod place to break it in.

im sure once its broken in it should run good.
naa, meANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT.Whoops caps.

anyway what are you worried about with the break in ? you should be able to handle just bring patience. Some italian engines like novas have alot of pinch and take lots a fuel to get them ran in. having the right plugs and shimming for nitro content is key as well.

Whose doing the break in ? Have you looked in the houstons engine service thread ? I don't suggest modding your engine but he can prolly guide you to a great engine set-up. Just saying theres more to nitro off road engines then the cheap flavor of the month. Thats my opinion.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Prophet

naa, meANS SOMETHING DIFFERENT.Whoops caps.

anyway what are you worried about with the break in ? you should be able to handle just bring patience. Some italian engines like novas have alot of pinch and take lots a fuel to get them ran in. having the right plugs and shimming for nitro content is key as well.

Whose doing the break in ? Have you looked in the houstons engine service thread ? I don't suggest modding your engine but he can prolly guide you to a great engine set-up. Just saying theres more to nitro off road engines then the cheap flavor of the month. Thats my opinion.

im gone to try ebmods i email them to see if they break in rb engines.
no im not getting it modded anytime soon lol.

i tryed to stay patience man but dam !

im using ebmods 20 % and a # 6 rb plug and i have # 5 meduim hot nova plugs and there both in good shape.

i checked on houston site but i dint see the break in service on there.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

im gone to try ebmods i email them to see if they break in rb engines.
no im not getting it modded anytime soon lol.

i tryed to stay patience man but dam !

im using ebmods 20 % and a # 6 rb plug and i have # 5 meduim hot nova plugs and there both in good shape.

i checked on houston site but i dint see the break in service on there.
EB MODs has their JS engine out tooo ! i forgot about them whoops. Those engines scream. They are good guys they will sort you out if you contact them. jpalessi on here could prolly help you more. he is the eb mods team manager and good guy to deal with. Good luck man get out there and have fun.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

EB MODs has their JS engine out tooo ! i forgot about them whoops. Those engines scream. They are good guys they will sort you out if you contact them. jpalessi on here could prolly help you more. he is the eb mods team manager and good guy to deal with. Good luck man get out there and have fun.

i just got the rb engine so i wont, be getting a new engine anytime soon.

yea the eb engines are nice man though .

yea i seen jpalessi screename on there.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I would guess the only reason you are having so much trouble is because you may not be pre heating it enough. Don't be afraid to get it up to 240 or so with the heat gun before you start it. After a couple of tanks of running in at preheated temps it goes pretty smooth from there. I had my Nova almost fully race tunes after 10 tanks of fuel and after tank three I only needed to heat it to about 180 to get it fired right up. Once you can turn it over by hand you don't need to heat it anymore as long as you have a good starter box. Getting it nice and hot will also save your rod and make your engine last allot longer. They are tight for a reason. Enjoy the process of getting it all warm and fuzzy so it can reward you for months of enjoyment. If you are really so dead set against the break in process look into getting your engines hand lapped. A good modded can shave very slight tolerances off your piston that in turn eliminates the break in process.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I would guess the only reason you are having so much trouble is because you may not be pre heating it enough. Don't be afraid to get it up to 240 or so with the heat gun before you start it. After a couple of tanks of running in at preheated temps it goes pretty smooth from there. I had my Nova almost fully race tunes after 10 tanks of fuel and after tank three I only needed to heat it to about 180 to get it fired right up. Once you can turn it over by hand you don't need to heat it anymore as long as you have a good starter box. Getting it nice and hot will also save your rod and make your engine last allot longer. They are tight for a reason. Enjoy the process of getting it all warm and fuzzy so it can reward you for months of enjoyment. If you are really so dead set against the break in process look into getting your engines hand lapped. A good modded can shave very slight tolerances off your piston that in turn eliminates the break in process.
Yea i wonder if he was pre heating his engine..... could give you a nightmare of a time with a poor box.....
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Lol, you just don't know how to give it a break do you? On a side nite TC5 Man, you have found the one person on this entire forum that seems to take a perverse pleasure for starting drama and conflict on my thread. I would take his advise like a grain of salt, literaly! He was asked to not stop postin by everyone on the B5 thread and I see that he has found another venue to try to slip in a bunch of negativity. If you would like to find out what people truely think of our engines I would invite you to flip through the last 230+ pages that have been written about the B5 on this forum. Needless to say if the motors are realy as RB Five is trying to make them out to be you will find quite a few negative comments on there, I'm happy to say you will not.

Regards,

Ron

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.