Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Truggy tire help >

Truggy tire help

Truggy tire help

Old 06-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Truggy tire help

Hey guys I am looking for some help with tire choice. Right now I am running the proline caliber m3. Seems not 2 bad but wears out fast. The track I run on is a sort of a clay/sand base. The track will clean up to a hard pack with a light dust on the race line most of the time.

Last edited by whiskyshooter; 06-03-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiskyshooter
Hey guys I am looking for some help with tire choice. Right now I am running the proline caliber m3. Seems not 2 bad but wears out fast. The track I run on is a sort or clay sand base. The track will clean up to a hard pack with a light dust on the race line most of the time.
I would try a set of soft city blocks or a set of soft grid irons they seem to work just about anywhere or the jconcept sevens would probably be a good choice.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Hey guys I am looking for some help with tire choice. Right now I am running the proline caliber m3. Seems not 2 bad but wears out fast. The track I run on is a sort or clay sand base. The track will clean up to a hard pack with a light dust on the race line most of the time.
Sounds like my track. Try the hot bodies megabites in soft with the hb pink foams. They are better than the dd or sevens. They hook up great and the wear is way better. people were blowing tires in like 1 race day soft because its pretty hard right now and i got 3 race days on super soft. I love them.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

What is the outdoor temp in your area? Above 85-90, you may want to try M2 Calibers. You'll get better tread wear, and may not notice a significant decrease in traction.

My local track is red clay, hard pack, with light dust in the groove when dry. We try to keep the cushion somewhat moist between heats, but the groove stays dry. I've found that JConcepts Crosshairs blue (soft) compound has excellent traction, and outstanding wear. I've got twice as much run time on them as I do my M3 Calibers, and they're just beginning to show signs of wear. I'd feel very comfortable putting 2 or even 3 more race days on them before even thinking of downgrading them to practice tires. We run (3) six min. heats, followed by 20 or 25 min. mains at my track.

Cityblocks are generally a good all around choice (I have soft and med. in my tire bin), but the JC and M2 Calibers may work for you as well.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I would try soft gridirons or j concept 7's. The 7's in the soft blue compound last a lotljnger than the m3 calibers ever did. The other thing you can dk to the calibers is when they start to wear down turn them around so they are running in the wrong direction. You will be suprised