R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #16
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
8&stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In.
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
i agree 100%. there are too many other parts under the rack that will fail first that i have seen fail. only way to break the upper rack is to run out in the street and get smashed by 1/1 scale or a deliberate hammer blow
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
I've seen them break. It is extremely rare, but I can remember a couple. Call BS all you want.

One particular situation, someone was using a plastic top plate with an aluminum chassis brace. Snapped it right where the brace attaches. We all know how great aluminum chassis braces are, but it did snap the plastic top plate.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.
We had a really rough track here last summer and the ruts cause alot of chassis flex and i broke 2 on that track..... That was the only track or time that I have broken it. But I have seen them break
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice
 
tropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tijuana, Mexico
Posts: 99
Default

i broke one about a month ago but just replaced it with another plastic one, they are very durable but they do break eventualy
tropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #21
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I've seen them break. It is extremely rare, but I can remember a couple. Call BS all you want.

One particular situation, someone was using a plastic top plate with an aluminum chassis brace. Snapped it right where the brace attaches. We all know how great aluminum chassis braces are, but it did snap the plastic top plate.

I could see that happening in a worst case scenario...but To date ive never seen a pic or even heard of this failure till now...i would have thought if it were a real issue there would be more talk about it is all.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I could see that happening in a worst case scenario...but To date ive never seen a pic or even heard of this failure till now...i would have thought if it were a real issue there would be more talk about it is all.
I agree that it is a very rare occurrence. But none the less it is not impossible. For $25, I'll stick with my Aluminum plates.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice
 
htcurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: England / U.K
Posts: 81
Default

Originally Posted by Integra
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.




I have just broke my second one during track use only
__________________
LOSI EIGHT 2.0 buggy + NOVAROSSI P5 XLT,
Novarossi 9901 Super Strong pipe & 41029 manifold.
Spektrum DX3s, SAVOX 20K-Steering,
ACE DS1015-Throttle/Brake.
htcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #24
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcurt View Post
Originally Posted by Integra
Never Once in my 3+ years of driving losi have i seen an Upper steering rack fail...Online OR in person....I call BS.




I have just broke my second one during track use only

Could you please post a pic I would love to see exactly how it failed.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 327
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

All you need is the servo saver horn and thats it! Ive never seen a top plate fail!
Beenbreto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #26
Moderator
 
Muggydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,808
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I run the alum top plate, servo saver top, spindles, KHZ rear hubs, inner and outer front and rear KHZ hinge pin retainers and rear gear case inserts.
+1 I also run the aluminum top plate as a durability part, as the plastic one can break (very rarely). and why not get it, I got mine on ebay for $10. As Token said, V2 shock tower is a must (IMO).
Muggydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
Tech Master
 
305M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,179
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I've researched a bit, but since this thread came back around:

What's the functional diff between the KHZ servo saver and the Losi? Is one better than the other?

I know it's somewhere in the million and a half threads, but I thought it might be easier to just ask.
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #28
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305M3 View Post
I've researched a bit, but since this thread came back around:

What's the functional diff between the KHZ servo saver and the Losi? Is one better than the other?

I know it's somewhere in the million and a half threads, but I thought it might be easier to just ask.
They're basically the same. You have to make sure you get the right aluminum version though. If you haven't already gone back to the 1.0 style servo saver plastics or they weren't included in your kit, you should do that. You can tell by the shape of the top piece. The 2.0 version comes to a sharp point. The 1.0 version is more like a U shape. You want the 1.0 style. Then you need to get the 1.0 style aluminum top. Both KHZ and losi sell one. So far I have only used the losi ones, but I will be trying the KHZ one soon. From looking at pictures I think the KHZ one has a bit better design. I don't think it will really matter much. Either one will work just fine.

Here are the ones you would want for the 1.0 servo saver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Saver-Arm

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...um-8B-8T-10-20
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #29
Tech Master
 
305M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,179
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
They're basically the same. You have to make sure you get the right aluminum version though. If you haven't already gone back to the 1.0 style servo saver plastics or they weren't included in your kit, you should do that. You can tell by the shape of the top piece. The 2.0 version comes to a sharp point. The 1.0 version is more like a U shape. You want the 1.0 style. Then you need to get the 1.0 style aluminum top. Both KHZ and losi sell one. So far I have only used the losi ones, but I will be trying the KHZ one soon. From looking at pictures I think the KHZ one has a bit better design. I don't think it will really matter much. Either one will work just fine.

Here are the ones you would want for the 1.0 servo saver.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Saver-Arm

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...um-8B-8T-10-20
Thanks for the help brother...
305M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8T 2.0 polarismaster Nitro Off-Road 15880 02-02-2015 10:31 AM
F/S REVO/PLATINUM (ROLLER)RACE READY 8secnotch R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 37 01-05-2010 07:55 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:53 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net