where can you buy that stuff? other that online.. lol

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ct.do?pid=4032

Muriatic Acid..
builtb16a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default bells

most hardware and auto parts stores have it . we use it for removing burnt pistons from motor cycle and snowmobile engines . you can try it with a tooth brush also in the bell
Serpent S11T Losi ten scte Houston Tuned Team Toronero 2084 ss, plus 4 team 9901 ss pipe Hitech servos Proline tires SPONSORS T@T MOTOR SPORTS AND SKIDOO racing TEAM TERRIBLES,And finally my wallet.In Memory of my Boy Brian!
teamlosi906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice.. i'll have to give that a try.. using a sandpaper rolled over a wooden handle and trying to work it for 10 mins deffenetly sucks. i'll have to try your theory.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For for the 8ight t 2.0 are people using the losi high endurance clutch bell with the max life clutch? That is what i was using.

Also, does Adam Drake's 23.4mm measurement hold water with a max life clutch or is that for losi clutches? How do i know if my max life is worn out? Thanks.
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
For for the 8ight t 2.0 are people using the losi high endurance clutch bell with the max life clutch? That is what i was using.

Also, does Adam Drake's 23.4mm measurement hold water with a max life clutch or is that for losi clutches? How do i know if my max life is worn out? Thanks.
I still dont understand the measurement, I use them for 2 gallons and change them regardless, thats me...

Dyn shoes with HD bell and green and gold springs....
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #21
Tech Regular

thats the measurement, 23.4mm.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by builtb16a View Post

thats the measurement, 23.4mm.
Right but i have a max life clutch with 2/3 a gallon thru it measuring 23.13mm. Makes no sense. I know i'm using the silver springs but i don't think it should wear that quick. Not sure if Drake's 23.4mm measurement is for the max life clutch. I need to measure the new one once its put in and compared to the one with 2/3 a gallon on it.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
What kind of attachment? Just a grinding stone?
sanding drum. 20 seconds.

silver springs will kill the max-lifes pretty quickly as well.

Be extremely careful working with HCl. Dangerous stuff.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #24
Tech Addict

what about spraying the grease out of the clutch bearings? I haven't bought the blaster to do that so i haven't been. Been just putting dollar metal shields in after every race grease still in.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'd spray the grease out of the inside bearing at least. 1 really small drop of oil, wipe off the excess.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Right but i have a max life clutch with 2/3 a gallon thru it measuring 23.13mm. Makes no sense. I know i'm using the silver springs but i don't think it should wear that quick. Not sure if Drake's 23.4mm measurement is for the max life clutch. I need to measure the new one once its put in and compared to the one with 2/3 a gallon on it.
here's the deal with the silver springs..

confirmed with TOKEN, the RCT "yoda" i call him, the silver springs have the highest tension, so in order for the shoes to engage the bell, the engine must REV higher, and the contact of a stalled bell housing is very intense. alot of heat, alot of friction. even off throttle, and on, its high revolutions, and some slippage.

now, with the softest spring.. its going to put the bottom end of the motor to work. instead of high RPM's.. its really LOW. clutches engage very soon, at a lower RPM. slower contact speed, and rarley does the bell get as hot as it normally would with sliver, or gold springs. the drawback to the softer springs, you need alot of bottom end tourqe, and you get really really good traction, so tire bite is crucial.

so, hard springs.. silver/gold, its going to wear your shoes quicker.
soft springs.. green/black, last longer, but could loose lose end, off the line speed.

i run black and green.. most like green and gold. hope this makes sense.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #27
Tech Prophet

Quote:
here's the deal with the silver springs..

confirmed with TOKEN, the RCT "yoda" i call him, the silver springs have the highest tension, so in order for the shoes to engage the bell, the engine must REV higher, and the contact of a stalled bell housing is very intense. alot of heat, alot of friction. even off throttle, and on, its high revolutions, and some slippage.

now, with the softest spring.. its going to put the bottom end of the motor to work. instead of high RPM's.. its really LOW. clutches engage very soon, at a lower RPM. slower contact speed, and rarley does the bell get as hot as it normally would with sliver, or gold springs. the drawback to the softer springs, you need alot of bottom end tourqe, and you get really really good traction, so tire bite is crucial.

so, hard springs.. silver/gold, its going to wear your shoes quicker.
soft springs.. green/black, last longer, but could loose lose end, off the line speed.

i run black and green.. most like green and gold. hope this makes sense.

what about the green/gold alum, clutch setup with the dynamite shoes whould you lose a lot of bottom end ?

i know your clutch/clutch bell, setup will stay cooler ive tried the gold/gold on alum and the clutch, was hot lol i do run rubber seal clutch bearings though .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #28
Tech Regular

yeah im not sure, i ran out of the box, silver springs, regular losi shoes.. and a standard bell. after a gallon my bell was BLUED! thats HOT! it still worked, but wasn't grabbing like it should.

green/gold shouldn't be much of an issue.. and i never lost bearings.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #29
Tech Prophet

Quote:
yeah im not sure, i ran out of the box, silver springs, regular losi shoes.. and a standard bell. after a gallon my bell was BLUED! thats HOT! it still worked, but wasn't grabbing like it should.

green/gold shouldn't be much of an issue.. and i never lost bearings.

my gold/gold setup never got hot, enough to turn the clutch bell blue if you touched the clutch bell than you know lol.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Well i put a new max life with 2 green and 2 gold springs in the truggy with a new clutch bell and bearings. The new clutch measures 23.8mm for me. My old one with 2/3 a gallon on it measured like 23.15mm. Hope the green springs help it last. I got more life out of my losi clutch that came on the vehicle with gold and silver springs. We'll see. I'll ditch this clutch like the plague if i only get 2/3 a gallon on it again!