R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterice View Post
Does it worth to race? entry fee cost you arm and leg. and if u win u bring home silver plate with a winning number on it. that u can get in a dollar store
geez, go kart racing then, $500 weekend guaranteed. My friend races scca formula vee $1500 an event easy.

and those are the cheap classes. get back to me when you raced something other than RC.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterice View Post
Does it worth to race? entry fee cost you arm and leg. and if u win u bring home silver plate with a winning number on it. that u can get in a dollar store

but if u are A main driver yes you need to update to keep winning

but if u just run back and forth ......why u need a latest car?
Is it about winning or having fun? Everything is not about winning. Yes it is nice to win everyone once in a while but it is about having FUN. It doesnt matter what you get out of it. Who cares it is just a $1 plaque what is fun is earning the plaque. And to be competitive you usually need the newer equipment.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
I hear ya, but the fact of the matter is this, not everyone is able to buy the best of everything, all the time, because not everyone can afford it, maybe you are in a financial position that allows you to do that, but most of us aren't.

i promise you i AM NOT in the finacial position. I just make sacrifices. Sacrifices that drive my wife nutts. I just QUIT smoking to have more money to buy the stuff i need. And lately all the money i can spend on this hobby has been going to race fee's and fuel. I built all my stuff i piece at the time. I buy my spares of ebay and i take care of my stuff.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote