R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #16
Tech Addict
 
LVBaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Richland, MI
Posts: 655
Default

Try one of these OFNA 750cc fuel bottles. It holds more than the standard-size fuel bottles, so you'll spend less time filling it up and more time running your car.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Aluminum-Spout
__________________
Scott Rapoport; (916) 597-8502; scottrapoport73@gmail.com
TLR 8ight 4.0; TLR 8ight-T 4.0; TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0
amain.com; AKA; ProTek; OS Engines; Upgrade RC
LVBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Tech Master
 
fatdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBaja View Post
Try one of these OFNA 750cc fuel bottles. It holds more than the standard-size fuel bottles, so you'll spend less time filling it up and more time running your car.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Aluminum-Spout
holy crap thats huge. you might as well carry the gallon of fuel and a funnel
__________________
HPI Racing - Hot Bodies - D8 Army!
**Team Terribles** (Answer RC, Fastlane Graphix, Caster racing, M2C Racing, and Dialed Inc!)
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
Tech Regular
 
offroad racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Appleton Wisconsin
Posts: 357
Default

I like the losi fuel bottle a lot. It has nice, squeezable plastic and the the top does not leak.
__________________
Losi 8ight-T 2.0
Losi 8ight 2.0
TLR 22
Ofna Nitro DM1
offroad racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
omarwashington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kenmore, WA
Posts: 1,088
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

this is the one I use:

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=14039

H.A.R.D.


http://www.hard-racing.com/productio...1036&pageNum=2

nice plastic, I like how its grey tinted to help shade the fuel.

There is also the TM version which is about the same thing.
__________________
RCCARS!
omarwashington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
trimble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 475
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

The first Ofna bottle with the blue spout is what I use it is awsome. Very soft plastic that is still really durable. I have had mine for three years, November will make four. The Odonell and Hard bottles both look like the Trinity bottles. They looks nice with the aluminum threaded spout and all, but they WILL crack along the threads of the plastic. Me and a buddy of mine both purchased one this year at PNB and the both cracked in the exact same place about a weeks time apart. He even zip tied it to try and keep using it and it then cracked in the center of the bottle where the Trinity logo is.
__________________
Mugen MBX7: Maxy's Cinco 5BT Tuned w/9901
Futaba 4pks
Savox HV's
Boca Bearings-VP Pro USA
trimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
fatdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarwashington View Post
this is the one I use:

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=14039

H.A.R.D.


http://www.hard-racing.com/productio...1036&pageNum=2

nice plastic, I like how its grey tinted to help shade the fuel.

There is also the TM version which is about the same thing.
thats identical to the odonell one
__________________
HPI Racing - Hot Bodies - D8 Army!
**Team Terribles** (Answer RC, Fastlane Graphix, Caster racing, M2C Racing, and Dialed Inc!)
fatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Armaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,149
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
thats identical to the odonell one
Sure is.
Armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

After years of buying fuel bottles, I would have too say the Dynamite Fast Fill
#2003 is the best bottle for me. No leaks, it has the right feel and will not crack in cold weather. It's just a basic fuel bottle nuttin fancy and it's cheap.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #24
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: southeastern ohio
Posts: 375
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I just got a byrons's one and like it alot. I can tell you for sure though not to buy an associated bottle. I've had 2 of them an neither one made it through a gallon of fuel. It seems that when it comes to things that hold fuel associated has problems. Both bottles, and both fuel tanks I had were complete junk. Noe I have a jammin tank, and a byron's bottle, and everything is right in the world of nitro for me again.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #25
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Bone View Post
Get yourself one of these:

Then it doesn't matter what kind of fuel bottle you have, as long as it holds fuel. Less mess, ultra-fast fuel ups.
I used one of those on the weekend and it leaks everywhere makes a big mess works really well though
riverviewrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 PM   #26
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewrc View Post
I used one of those on the weekend and it leaks everywhere makes a big mess works really well though
LOL, yeah that's pretty much the common consensus with the losi fuel gun. It's leaky, but it gets the job done. As for fuel bottles, I use the plain old losi/dynamite one myself. I usually replace it at least once a year, just to have a fresh new one.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Armaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,149
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
LOL, yeah that's pretty much the common consensus with the losi fuel gun. It's leaky, but it gets the job done. As for fuel bottles, I use the plain old losi/dynamite one myself. I usually replace it at least once a year, just to have a fresh new one.
Yep, that's a good policy....$8/year is not much!
Armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Armaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,149
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevofrancis View Post
I just got a byrons's one and like it alot. I can tell you for sure though not to buy an associated bottle. I've had 2 of them an neither one made it through a gallon of fuel. It seems that when it comes to things that hold fuel associated has problems. Both bottles, and both fuel tanks I had were complete junk. Noe I have a jammin tank, and a byron's bottle, and everything is right in the world of nitro for me again.
Seriously...I sent 3 of my RC8 tanks back to Associated, and they sent me the new & improved versions.
Armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Fuel Gun? jeff1 Nitro On-Road 66 06-03-2014 07:30 AM
fuel bottle or fuel gun jbright33 Nitro Off-Road 56 01-30-2010 02:11 PM
Best fuel? wdm80 Nitro On-Road 112 11-29-2007 08:00 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net