R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   EB Mods O.S. V-Spec (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/403627-eb-mods-o-s-v-spec.html)

travis4380 05-30-2010 03:10 PM

EB Mods O.S. V-Spec

I have a eb mods v-spec and was wondering what shims I should run on the head button? I only run Byrons 20% race. I emailed eb mods, and haven't heard back from them.

hambone 05-30-2010 03:56 PM

It depends on the head button. If it has the older EB modded button, they used a .004 shim. With a stock button it takes a .008 and a .004. Newer EB modded button is shimmed same as stock.

TonysScrews 06-03-2010 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by travis4380 (Post 7475735)
I have a eb mods v-spec and was wondering what shims I should run on the head button? I only run Byrons 20% race. I emailed eb mods, and haven't heard back from them.

If you are the original owner then the head button is shimmed for 30% nitro from EB Mods. If you want to run 20% nitro, remove 0.1mm (0.004") of shim.

Best regards,

RC-ZOMBIE 06-03-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by travis4380 (Post 7475735)

Ive been emailing and calling them and leaving messages since 2005 with no response!!!!!!!!!! I am using his fuel, great stuff but won't buy any of his other stuff because of customer service. If your in his "click" them I guess your ok. Just my 2cents! Three weeks ago I left a message and email on ordering fuel to be shipped to me but no response as usual,so I will be going back to Werks fuel just as good, after no response. Nothing against him personally im sure he is a very nice guy, like i said the fuel is off the hook but going five years with not one reply is just not right.

jpalessi 06-03-2010 11:43 AM

you cant run 20% with the version 1 button. only 20% with the V2

TonysScrews 06-03-2010 12:03 PM

Unfortunately Ed is a one man show and does the work of 5 people so yes his customer service skills are a bit lacking. BUT he does know his stuff about these R/C nitro engines better than anyone out there. So he gets cut some slack. What I can tell you is he is BEYOND passionate about what he does and is a very nice guy. Hopefully he'll continue to earn your business.

Best regards,

RC-ZOMBIE 06-03-2010 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by TonysScrews (Post 7493792)
Unfortunately Ed is a one man show and does the work of 5 people so yes his customer service skills are a bit lacking. BUT he does know his stuff about these R/C nitro engines better than anyone out there. So he gets cut some slack. What I can tell you is he is BEYOND passionate about what he does and is a very nice guy. Hopefully he'll continue to earn your business.

Best regards,

Yes i have no doubt he knows his stuff otherwise he would not be in the biz and I'm not bashing him or any of his products and the JS engines look very impressive on the track and for the fuel A+ Its just the way I feel because I had to look elsewhere for engines since I wasn't getting responses back when he did the O.S and Go engines and its why I didn't jump on the new JS engine.:(

hambone 06-03-2010 12:29 PM

The older EB head buttons only used a .004 shim. That can't be removed.

Matt Piva 06-03-2010 12:30 PM

Hasn't anyone tried calling him? Iv never had issues getting ahold of him, maybe 1 time it took a feW days to get a call back but never more then that so I can't believe I'm reading these stories that ppl think his cs sucks. Then again if ur emailing him and ur getting your stuff then what more do u want? Sounds to me like he's getting the stuff u need to u why complain?

RC-ZOMBIE 06-03-2010 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Piva (Post 7493868)
Hasn't anyone tried calling him? Iv never had issues getting ahold of him, maybe 1 time it took a feW days to get a call back but never more then that so I can't believe I'm reading these stories that ppl think his cs sucks. Then again if ur emailing him and ur getting your stuff then what more do u want? Sounds to me like he's getting the stuff u need to u why complain?

What are you talking about? Who said I got anything from him.. it's called READ COMPREHEND THEN POST!.I walk into the hobby shop bend over and pick up a gallon of his fuel and yes for me calling,emailing, leaving messages did not work. Its really no big deal didn't want to start anything for God sake!

dreaux 06-03-2010 12:42 PM

step away from the ledge

RC-ZOMBIE 06-03-2010 12:59 PM

by the way Travis I apologize for this happening on your thread I was just telling you the experience with no responses that I had and didn't want/intend it to amount to anything

hambone 06-03-2010 01:01 PM

None of us read, we just react! For God's sake, LOL!

RC-ZOMBIE 06-03-2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by hambone (Post 7493956)
None of us read, we just react! For God's sake, LOL!

;) LOL (Inside Joke)And i replied to your pm, thanks again man

TonysScrews 06-03-2010 01:22 PM

Best bet is to work with a dealer. Amain sells the EB Mod JS line stuff. And I'm sure other shops carry his engines and parts. Myself I'm a Mugen dealer so I sell the Ninja JX21-B01A stuff. I send stuff to Ed and he gets it back to me fairly quickly. I sell the fully modified EB Mod JX21-B01A, the EB Mod V2 head buttons (fits the JX, Speed and V-Spec) and the EB Mod lightened rods (fits JX or Speed). I try to keep it all in stock. Like most other dealers if you contact me you'll get a reply very quickly. Plus I can get a hold of Ed. Actually, I just spoke to him a short while ago as he's sending me back a bunch of stuff :) ....LOL :lol:

Best regards,