Search

what engine? D8T

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Do yourself a favor and listen to Ron
If you need help tuning the motor, there is a lot of people who use this motor online who can help with suggestions. IF yo can find help local it shouldnt be a problem either, even if they dont run a Werks motor. I think there pretty easy to tune.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

went to the track today, there are a few people running werks engines. one has a b7 and the other a b5 i think.

we will see how the jammin works out and go from there. a werks might be in the future.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by badass_savage
went to the track today, there are a few people running werks engines. one has a b7 and the other a b5 i think.

we will see how the jammin works out and go from there. a werks might be in the future.
Good choice! Great engine. It will do very well against those werks. I like the werks and thats probably gonna be my next engine but i also love the go. I have driven both and i like them both very much. The jpx i havent driven it but i have heard plenty of good things about them. Best of luck to you.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that engine has plenty of power!! and extremely easy to tune.

here is a video of mine after 8 gallons (first run with the HB D8T and i have a practice body and free unbalanced wheels on it in the video, i just threw it together to race ) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NHoGx4bxM

the red and white truggy, its the main truggy. these jumps look easy but its 90% the engine
Old 05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am very interested in your choice to go with the D8t and the JAMMIN JPX.21
I have had the GO.21 5 PORT in a truggy, and I had the V-Spec last summer. I am about to order the D8T and I have been fairly committed to getting the JAMMIN JPX.21 for it. PLEASE keep us updated!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jmaxey51

here is a video of mine after 8 gallons (first run with the HB D8T and i have a practice body and free unbalanced wheels on it in the video, i just threw it together to race ) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NHoGx4bxM

the red and white truggy, its the main truggy. these jumps look easy but its 90% the engine
That is actually a realy cool track. It has a good mix of jumps and straits. All the jumps look easy besides the double right after the big quad thing. But maybe its just your cause your running a truggy instead of a buggy. i like those wheels a lot. Got some good wobble to them. That is the jpx right?

Last edited by rcdude236; 05-30-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
That is actually a realy cool track. It has a good mix of jumps and straits. All the jumps look easy besides the double right after the big quad thing. But maybe its just your cause your running a truggy instead of a buggy. i like those wheels a lot. Got some good wobble to them. That is the jpx right?
that quad is really hard too lol and yeah those wheels were just given to me because i didnt have any tires since i havent had a truggy before that ran zero offset lol i balanced them right after that was shot lol. and yes thats a Jammin JPX 21 after 8 gallons still making power. i bought an Alpha two days later. still have the JPX and ill never get rid of it, to good of a engine to get rid of it, easy to tune and holds a tune for FOREVER!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51

what pipe is that in the vid? the stinger looks like the 086 but its hard to tell.

motor looks like it toss's that truggy around pretty good. its making me feel better about my choice lol. ive heard alot of different things about tunning considering it is a picco and picco's are notorious for crapy carbs. lets hope this one is different.

and ill keep everyone updated on the build/performance. i have basically everything ordered to complete the build and should have it together in the next 2 weeks. then comes break in
i plan on taking my time as i really dont plan on racing this thing to june 27th, if its done before then thats a bonus. i want this built right.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

What about the Werks B5? I saw a guy at the track this weekend with one and he said he likes it. That's what I was looking at before.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

what pipe is that in the vid? the stinger looks like the 086 but its hard to tell.

motor looks like it toss's that truggy around pretty good. its making me feel better about my choice lol. ive heard alot of different things about tunning considering it is a picco and picco's are notorious for crapy carbs. lets hope this one is different.

and ill keep everyone updated on the build/performance. i have basically everything ordered to complete the build and should have it together in the next 2 weeks. then comes break in
i plan on taking my time as i really dont plan on racing this thing to june 27th, if its done before then thats a bonus. i want this built right.
You will be fine with the jpx. Its a great motor. ive seen many run and they are flawless. Run them with a jp2/jp3. If your looking to buy a jp2 i got a very slightly used one.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

im running a JP3. it gives it tons of power!! and longer run times. i have tried a dynamite 053 and 007 and a RB 2045 and the best is the JP3. and on the carbs i do have to say they aren't the best, i had TONS of problems at first with it, always seemed to have a air leak but if you put JB weld around where the silver and black part meet you'll never have a problem, send me a PM with your email and ill email you pictures of where im talking about. also this thing takes 2-3 gallons to break-in all the way and before it makes alot of power also the run time is only 7-8 min for the first 2 gallons but it gets better from there. the only problem i have had is the stock bearings started to go bad after the 4th gallon but other than that its worth every penny. but like i said i switched to Alpha engines but im keeping this one as a back up.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default reply

Hi there i ave been running the jammin jpx 21 engine in my hot bodies d8t and just love the power the engine has, i have tryed the 086, ofna jp3, ofna jp4, nova 9901, grp 21 & alpha 0801 pipes on this engine and have found that the alpha 0801 pipe works the best on this engine, good run times and clean smoothpower band from take off to top end.

Seal the engine and carb so that there is no leaks at all then you can tune with confidence as you run the engine in and let the power build over the first 2 gallons...

There are many video's of this set up below in my you tube link