R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-29-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Novarossi P5 XLT + 9901 pipe with 41029 Header.Which Venturi insert for best mileage?

Novarossi P5 XLT + 9901 pipe with 41029 Header.Which Venturi insert for best mileage??? Running in a Losi Eight 2.0 Buggy.

At the moment i have installed a 8mm veturi, i also have a 6.5 or a 7.5 spare. Which would be best??

dont really want to loose power but badly need the extra mileage with this engine. Only just changed to the 9901 pipe and havent had the chance to test it yet. I was getting only 6-7 mins on a RB 086 pipe with 8mm venturi.

Any advice from somebody running this engine would be well appreciated. Thanks
ACE DS1015-Throttle/Brake.
htcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Well the lower on the venturi you go the better fuel you will get but with less power. Try them both out and see what you like. 6-7 minutes kinda sounds like you have an air leak or something because thats not very good at all.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

If I remember correctly Adam Drake has stated before that he uses 6.5 for his buggy and 7.0 for his truggy with great power and run time.

Sean
Old 05-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

cool, thank you
ACE DS1015-Throttle/Brake.
htcurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

He doesn't run the p5. I recommend a 7 or a 7.5 on the p5, it needs more air than the plus 4....
Old 05-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Of the restrictors you have on hand, the 6.5 will yield the best mileage simply due to less power.

The 7mm seems to work best all around in buggy and truggy for the current P5XLT.

With the 9901/41029 with 6.5mm you should easily get either side of 10-mins runtime depending on your driving style and track conditions. You should also feel a nice midrange and bottom end pull with the swap to the 9901.

7.5mm insert; you'll *probably* be just shy of 10mins. With the 7mm and a conservative finger, you should get right at 10mins on most average outdoor tracks.

What glowplug are your running? The Novarossi C6TGC works well all around; as well as the ODonnel OD77T or OD97T depending on ambient temp and your fuel choice.

If you're running the "stock" Losi buggy clutch setup (2-al 2-carbon, green/gold springs); you should be good to go. 13/48 gearing unless you're on a huge track with a really long straightaway.

Good luck!
Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Of the restrictors you have on hand, the 6.5 will yield the best mileage simply due to less power.

The 7mm seems to work best all around in buggy and truggy for the current P5XLT.

With the 9901/41029 with 6.5mm you should easily get either side of 10-mins runtime depending on your driving style and track conditions. You should also feel a nice midrange and bottom end pull with the swap to the 9901.

7.5mm insert; you'll *probably* be just shy of 10mins. With the 7mm and a conservative finger, you should get right at 10mins on most average outdoor tracks.

What glowplug are your running? The Novarossi C6TGC works well all around; as well as the ODonnel OD77T or OD97T depending on ambient temp and your fuel choice.

If you're running the "stock" Losi buggy clutch setup (2-al 2-carbon, green/gold springs); you should be good to go. 13/48 gearing unless you're on a huge track with a really long straightaway.

Good luck!
and when are we gonna see your p5 if its anything like th eone you did for me it oughta be close to beating me ....on a side note the new clutch set up green/black oughta work good on the p5 being its got all that azz thats whats on mine now ..im toiling on running it at the ams

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote