R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default What have you done to promote anti-squat in your ST-RR?

I've seen some discussion before about things persons were doing to try and put more antisquat in their Double-R, but nothing did any major difference to help the squat issue the Double-R owners face.

It's a year later and I figured I'd ask, what are you doing to help eliminate squat in the back of your Double-R? My truck drives good, but I'd like to bring the back up a few mm.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Tech Master

Nothing, I see........... lotta squatters out there then.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to imaxx21

just need to put some spacers on your shocks
Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Tech Master

OK so anyone who has actually owned an ST-RR wanna tell me what you did to eliminate your anti-squat?

This is a big deal with these, squat plates are only one cure. http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_A.../kyoifw303.htm
Old 05-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

Just because the chassis is low in the middle, it doesn't mean you need anti squat. Low chassis is called ride height. Antisquat can't be "felt" or "seen" on the bench.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo-lution View Post
OK so anyone who has actually owned an ST-RR wanna tell me what you did to eliminate your anti-squat?

This is a big deal with these, squat plates are only one cure. http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_A.../kyoifw303.htm
hello,

i race the ST-RR and its dialed, not sure i understand your question!! if you wanna raise it a bit, antisquat has nothing to do with the ride height!!!

antisquat plates (Blue and gold) are used for acceleration and jumping purposes and not the ride height.

if you wanna raise it a bit, add more spacers (shock clips) till you get the desired RH. normally 38mm rear and 35mm front measured with a RH guage or a school rooler from ground to bottom of chassis and not to forget the car has to be ready to race (Fuel, RX Pack.....etc etc)

cheers
Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:

let me know how that works out for you....
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Nothing, I see........... lotta squatters out there then.
We need a better explanation.

If you are looking to try to reduce squat under acceleration:

Four things you can do;

#1 go to the next highest or highest Anti Squat plate (Red=1*, Gold=2*, Blue=3*)

#2 Move your hubs to the most forward position as this swings the drive shafts forward which creates "mechanical" anti squat.

#3 Change to a heavier rear spring. Either the "Red" or the "medium blue" (We used to mainly run the medium blue everywhere)

#4 Limit your droop up front. This will take some of the weight transfer out of your "RR".

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Also I want to share that if that is your ride height it needs to come up quite a bit.

We ran the "RR" with arms level in the rear and the arms just under level in the front which will also help with weight transfer. (Or lack of)

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Old 06-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

Crash you know nothing fool!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Good info Jimmy. I love these types of threads. Poor set-up = "squat issues" Do you have squat issues Jimmy?! LOL

There are a few people that already narrowed down the problem for you. You need more pre-load spacers to raise the ride height, and the blue 3-degree suspension plate is used on and off depending on the track conditions. The RR doesn't need it as much as the original "R", but it's a good thing to have in your toolbox if you need it.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hello,

i race the ST-RR and its dialed, not sure i understand your question!! if you wanna raise it a bit, antisquat has nothing to do with the ride height!!!

antisquat plates (Blue and gold) are used for acceleration and jumping purposes and not the ride height.

if you wanna raise it a bit, add more spacers (shock clips) till you get the desired RH. normally 38mm rear and 35mm front measured with a RH guage or a school rooler from ground to bottom of chassis and not to forget the car has to be ready to race (Fuel, RX Pack.....etc etc)

cheers
Ali
Thank you, never said anything about ride height, repeatedly said ANTI SQUAT. I has been known for years the inferno needs special attention for antisquat as it tends to have issues squatting on the track. Hundreds of inferno users complained about it a year or so ago, but I took a break from RC and have came back not able to locate the major discussion thread that was ongoing (on another site).
Old 06-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
We need a better explanation.

If you are looking to try to reduce squat under acceleration:

Four things you can do;

#1 go to the next highest or highest Anti Squat plate (Red=1*, Gold=2*, Blue=3*)

#2 Move your hubs to the most forward position as this swings the drive shafts forward which creates "mechanical" anti squat.

#3 Change to a heavier rear spring. Either the "Red" or the "medium blue" (We used to mainly run the medium blue everywhere)

#4 Limit your droop up front. This will take some of the weight transfer out of your "RR".
That is exactly to a tee what I asked for, thank you very much. I know some Inferno owners have went further and if I find the thread in question that I think might be on infernosonly.com I'll bring the info over to show you what I am talking about. Some were replacing the hinges, or hubs, or something.... I wish I could remember. That is what I was hoping to find, but your info is also much needed. Thank you.

The Inferno has insufferable amounts of squat and owners have to do MORE to get them to come up. That's why I was hoping to run into someone who had one and knew.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Do you have squat issues Jimmy?! LOL
Actually...... I've been sick for the past few days.....

Thanks Steve!

I still like to help people with the best Truggy on the market. I'm really attached to it being involved those years with Kyosho.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Crash you know nothing fool!
can it, Maris