R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to helgso
Default Would these engines fit into a Losi LST?

Losi LST comes stock with the Mach .26 engine. I recently replaced it with a Mach 427 engine which fits perfectly. My question now is:
Would a LRP Z.28R Pullstart Spec.3,
ZR.30 Spec.2 Pullstart,
or even the Novarossi Plus 4C Team Ceramic Rear Bearing Buggy Engine fit the LST without modifications?

And even though the Novarossi engine is said to be a "buggy engine" would it fit?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes, they will all fit but the buggy engine will not work because it is a bump start engine. You need something that is pull start or roto start.

Rustler/TRX 3.3/Traxxas/Integy/Byron Fuels ( The girlfriends toy )
All4BSpinnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin View Post
Yes, they will all fit but the buggy engine will not work because it is a bump start engine. You need something that is pull start or roto start.
I can buy a spinstartplate or a pullstart for tthe Novarossi engine and just replace them with the bump start, right? Or will I have to buy a special roto- or pullstart version of this Novarossi engine?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgso View Post
I can buy a spinstartplate or a pullstart for tthe Novarossi engine and just replace them with the bump start, right? Or will I have to buy a special roto- or pullstart version of this Novarossi engine?
The crankshaft is different on pullstart/rotostart engines. Real "race" (bumpstart) engines cannot be converted without changing the crankshaft.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Alright, I understand now. But is there any limit for my LST? Can I just throw in any 1/8 scale offroad engine in there? Like a 0.45 engine or a bigger?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Alright, I understand now. But is there any limit for my LST? Can I just throw in any 1/8 scale offroad engine in there? Like a 0.45 engine or a bigger?
You'd actually want to ask the folks that manufacture or sell the engine. It depends on the case size and motor mount holes.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Quote:
What ever you can fit in there will work sort of..... Remember that these are designed for the amount of power put out by the engine they include so going to a more powerful engine may require replacement of the stock plastic gears in the tranny. You may want to replace them with Robinson steel gears. You would probley wanna stick with something that is pull start or roto start cause like Domit said, cranks are different and i would not put a RACE engine in my bash toy........
Old 05-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
What ever you can fit in there will work sort of..... Remember that these are designed for the amount of power put out by the engine they include so going to a more powerful engine may require replacement of the stock plastic gears in the tranny. You may want to replace them with Robinson steel gears. You would probley wanna stick with something that is pull start or roto start cause like Domit said, cranks are different and i would not put a RACE engine in my bash toy........
Uhmmm what plastic gears?.......The LST transmision is though as nails as is, all metal.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #10
Tech Adept

He probably meant the 2-speed plastic spur gears that you can replace with the Losi Ti-Ni gear set.

www.overdriverc.com
khudzik is offline   Reply With Quote