Wiki Posts
Search

Clockwork Werk's B5 dyno result

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
The reason it is screaming like that is because of the wheel spin on that loose dirt.

you want to hear screaming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8huEwfLEI8E

I can assure you that my mod B5 screams no matter what surface it is on !

next time I will take her out on the hot asphalt and tear off some runs to show you....I mean the engine makes more power then most 28's do...
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hello everyone

I have Neal's first customer Werks B5(The one he posted a video of on a race track)
Ill start from the beginning.

When I first got it I tightened the carb as it's angled to fit in the shipping box better and left loose purposely. After that I flushed the motor with fuel to get all the shipping oil out. Heated the motor with my competition heater to 200F. Fired it up and gave it gentle throttle to keep it idling for the first tank. It was easy to keep going, just pulsing the throttle to seat the bearings. Shut the motor down with some fuel left in the tank so I don't run it dry. Set the piston to BDC (Bottom Dead Center). Let it cool down then fired it up again started tuning very slightly just to give the motor enough juice to get around my backyard test and tune track easy and get the temps. Again shut the motor off with some fuel in the tank set the piston to BDC and let the motor cool down. After that just ran 2 more tanks repeating the same steps. Then I brought it to my local track a day before the track to tune it for the track. The thing was EASY to tune. The powerband is extremely smooth its not aggressive power. On tank 7 I could clear 2 doubles (The video Neal Posted) and I could wheelie if I punched the throttle when I land after jumping and I could wheelie untill I brought the front end down. The tires just balloon like a mega donut. The next day (Race day) warmed it up and fired it up it ran great just afew minor adjustments because it was warmer out then when I had tuned it the day before. Held a tune all day even with the weather changing temps varying from 220-240 depending on how hard I was driving. I placed 1st in 3 of 4 qualifiers 2nd in the last qual. Placed 1st in the A-Main atleast 3 laps ahead of 2nd place driver. Heres what you all been waiting for fuel milage our qualifiers are 5 minutes long I have half a tank left when coming in. I think the fuel milage will get better as the motor gets more fuel through it. I'm also only using a 13t clutch bell the engine can EASILY handle a 14t which will also increase run time.

This is my review and comments on Neal's Clocked Werks B5
If you have any questions about this engines Neal would be more then happy to answer your questions hes a great guy to deal very caring of his customers even after hes sold his product.

-Tony Pham
Old 05-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Forgot to mention I'm running the Werks 2057 pipe without the adaptor, Sidewinder 30/12. Also forgot the mention this engine/pipe combo is very quiet.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

need to run it on asphalt with a locked diff...IMO the only way to VISUALY tell if there is more power.

off road it hard to tell with tires spinning a diffing letting out.

good job bro...cant wait too see more dyno pulls...i would like to see a drag mod jx .21
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by absolutemayhem
need to run it on asphalt with a locked diff...IMO the only way to VISUALY tell if there is more power.

off road it hard to tell with tires spinning a diffing letting out.

good job bro...cant wait too see more dyno pulls...i would like to see a drag mod jx .21
I agree, if you want to see what kind of power an engine can produce, asphalt is the best place. But how it runs on the track is important to racers. I can assure you that Neal's engines do both very, very well. To me, there's nothing liked a Clocked mill, they seem to do everything right.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
well i have my new serpent 811 coming monday or so, if u wanna do mod vs. mod let me know, i might be able to send her your way...as long as its cool with ab, its his motor, maybe i can send my motor to him ,etc
Our dynos do not read the same... They use the same software but that's it. The Dyno Neal had custom made so he has had to adjust the software to try and get it to read a # close to what an X-Dyno does. My Dyno came preset/ LOCKED and there is no messing with it. I understand why Neal wants his to read close as he wants #s that he is used to seeing that is standard and he can rely on which i FULLY understand. I have told Neal i would help him out in anyway that i can and he has been in contact with me. But i need the actually hard dyno files that tells all the settings and when he sends them i can help him further to get it to read as an X-Dyno does.

Good luck and good job on the Dyno Neal! If u need anything you know you can always give me a call bro! Good job on the B5 btw.

Last edited by Colt4g63; 05-30-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
You guys need a track in your area...... I watch all your videos, but I would love to see you test them on a real track.
That thing is screaming demon!!!!!!!!!!! Good jod on the mod

If i only had a traveling pit/video man......... Neal
Old 06-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Maximo. That B5 looks scary! I'd be curious to see what kind of numbers you'd be able to coax out of an LRP (Picco?) ZR 21X: the stock mill figures are similar to the modded Werks B5.