R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

about 2 years ago i had similar problems with my ninja tore it apart check everything was ok, great compression...but i did notice the button head didnt fit tight like it use to so i put a new GRP button head and no problems ..hope this help
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Default +4c

Doug if it's a +4 C 2010 it is most likely done after 4-6 gallons. Every one I know that has run the C 2010 with the new rear bearing had problems at 4-6. Nova should have never changed the motor from the Origional +4 every one I know would get 10+ out of the first batch of +4's I know you know how to tune I race with you every week so I would just get another NINJA See ya Sunday, I hope you make it. I am just going to race Truggy because I have to pit for Ernest and most likely about 10 others : (
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

had a similar prob when i damaged the spray bar in the carb of a novarossi 3-port i barely overtightened the lowspeed when i was resetting it. i no it sounds crazy but it happen.
speedzone99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #19
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
wtf frank? lol
I did what I usually do. I post before I finish reading your whole post and well then I have to go back and delete. So either way I get it.

Did you ever get it figured out?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

if it runs good for a couple minutes then starts acting up. it might just be worn out.... I have had engines that felt like they still had decent compression do the same thing and ended up needing a piston/sleeve. Sometimes even if it feels like it has ok compression it might not be enough.

5-6 gallons very well could be?
heidmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
about 2 years ago i had similar problems with my ninja tore it apart check everything was ok, great compression...but i did notice the button head didnt fit tight like it use to so i put a new GRP button head and no problems ..hope this help
i had almost the exact same problem. Except the screws i had in the cooling head were about half a MM to long. Caused all kinds of problems (long story).

I also had similar problems with a stretched/bent rod.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's your connecting rod. I'm guessing you never replaced it after break in? You need to change the con rod on Novas after they lose their mechanical pinch after break in. You should change your bearings while your changing the rod too.
400units is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #23
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgso View Post
Even though you think your o-rings are ok, I suggest sealing the carb. A person on YouTube that calls himself Squirrel (his username is Squirrelod) says that even though the o-ring on the carb seems ok, he recommends removing it and sealing with gasket material.

You can find this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xwDy-I0Z4I

He mentions that some gasket material might not be strong enough. Get gasket material that can withstand over 350F for sealing with just in case.

EDIT: Notice that Squirrel also mentions Team Associated's green slime. It's used for sealing the HSN and LSN.
That guy... Nvm got getting into that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Doug if it's a +4 C 2010 it is most likely done after 4-6 gallons. Every one I know that has run the C 2010 with the new rear bearing had problems at 4-6. Nova should have never changed the motor from the Origional +4 every one I know would get 10+ out of the first batch of +4's I know you know how to tune I race with you every week so I would just get another NINJA See ya Sunday, I hope you make it. I am just going to race Truggy because I have to pit for Ernest and most likely about 10 others : (
yup, see my next comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I did what I usually do. I post before I finish reading your whole post and well then I have to go back and delete. So either way I get it.

Did you ever get it figured out?
i think so, i ran it hard for a good 15 min, white it was still hot, tore it out as fast as i could and felt the compression, its gone. I felt it in the car and it didnt feel great but enough where i didnt think it was the issue. Im prob sending it to alan burton to get a pinch, i ordered new bearings might as well use them. Im buying a new buggy in prob 2 weeks so i dont wanna have another 300 dollar bill on top of a buggy, right now anyway. I think i am moving away from novarossi tho, as marcus said, ive seen many issues with longevity, might go ninja in the buggy too if i can calm it down

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

How old is your fuel? I just had this problem went and bought new gas and the thing ran like a champ.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #25
Tech Adept

AIR LEAK!! Seal it then see what happens. Oh and check the fuel
Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
How old is your fuel? I just had this problem went and bought new gas and the thing ran like a champ.
as stated i tried new fuel too.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99problems View Post
AIR LEAK!! Seal it then see what happens
did you only read the first post?

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

For the price... you can't beat the Alpha Plus engines (all 3 of them) and the Werks B5.

Be patient on break in with the Alpha... it will take a gallon or more... but it is worth it.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote