Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement starter box belt: losi universal

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default Replacement starter box belt: losi universal

Can somebody help me with what belt this starter box uses? I found a losi belt but are they all the same?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=LOSA99062
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

There are 2 differant Losi boxes,the one in your pic and a newer 2.0 design.I think the belts are differant.I broke the belt on my 2.0 box a couple of weeks ago and had to get a replacement off ebay from Korea.It was the only place listed as having them,for the 2.0 box anyway.The belt is 100 times better than the stock one that is backordered.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you need it the part number for the losi 2.o belt is losa99424
Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

there are two different belts got some of the ones that dont work on the rtr box before and there not even close way longer!
had to wait weeks last year for one
i stoped belt prolbems by cracking the glow plugs on start ups , just a idea when u get a new belt
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dash riprock
There are 2 differant Losi boxes,the one in your pic and a newer 2.0 design.I think the belts are differant.I broke the belt on my 2.0 box a couple of weeks ago and had to get a replacement off ebay from Korea.It was the only place listed as having them,for the 2.0 box anyway.The belt is 100 times better than the stock one that is backordered.
you have a link to this belt?? I broke my rtr belt the other day and they are on back order. I have been looking at a few vacum belts that are very close and way stronger but will have to mod the box a little to make it work.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8
you have a link to this belt?? I broke my rtr belt the other day and they are on back order. I have been looking at a few vacum belts that are very close and way stronger but will have to mod the box a little to make it work.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/LOSI-8B-T-2-0-Sta...item5192e7dbeb

Thats the one I bought for my 2.0 box (2 actually so I had a spare) arrived in 6 days to Canada.The same place also has 1.0 box belts as well.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've now been waiting 9 days for mine to arrive from Korea, what a joke.

BTW horrizonhobby.com has the stock belts in stock.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:38 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

they do have em, they had to warranty my belt and counter gear when it blew apart on the 1st startup of my new 2.0 RTR. literrally had parts come flying out at me just as i lifted car off box after it started. sheered couner gear off so clean its now a pulley. and if i had a shorter belt nice and taught (and not flatspotted), it would work. sad.

ordered an ofna, not dealing with this latest batch of probs. the rtr box i got last yr in the 1st run was a peach. this thing not so much. it'll be an emergency box/power supply or a really cheap score for a kid at the track lookin to move on from pullstarts.

R