R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to helgso
Default Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everybody that has been helping me for the last year!
I'm amazed of your knowledge and overall helpfulness in the off-road RC nitro area!
On this forum, I have posted 20 topics with various problems behind each. You have solved each one of them! and btw, this will be my 21st topic but this time, not posted for help, but to thank you all!

Ever since 2006 I have possessed a Losi LST truck. It laid broken in the attic for 3 years until summer 2009. Then I took it down and since I was 16 years old instead of 13 I had a lot more maturity to actually start digging into the kit and trying to fix it.

On 26th of May 2009
I post my first thread on this forum. Since I didn't know the nature of the problem my LST had (It had a broken engine, broken transmission, bad throttle servo and a bent shock shaft) I just posted my ideas of what I thought was wrong with the kit. This is when I got my brain wet in real Nitro RC thinking.

Over the summer of 2009 I gathered lots of information about my Losi LST, surfed the internet and bought lots of new things. (Tools, a new Mach 427 engine, shock shaft, new plugs, clutch parts etc ...)

I got everything set up but when I first ran the kit on 17th of July 2009 my truck didn't move at all when I gave throttle. I posted a thread that eventually lead me to the conclusion that the transmission must be broken. That was the truth. I disassembled the transmission and saw that a little part that was supposed to deliver the engine's power to the wheels had broken. But finding this out didn't even bother me! I got it fixed with Losi's manual and your help!

Back in 30th of August 2009 I got a strange problem concerning my failsafe, which I had just bought and installed, receiver battery and servo. I wasn't sure what was wrong but I thought it had something to do with the failsafe, receiver battery and/or servos. But today I found out what was wrong. My old throttle servo was getting toast. When going to full throttle the throttle servo must have confused the failsafe with it's struggle of operation and sent the failsafe wrong suspicious ideas of it failing and causing a runaway (because the failsafe engaged moments after going to full throttle). I did buy another servo, replaced the older one with it and the problem with the failsafe went away.

On Christmas (24th-28th of December 2009) you helped me picking a battery pack for my LST and clarified lots of other things I wanted to know about the whole nature of rechargable batteries and chargers.

In the beginning of 2010 until now you have helped me gain more confidence with my truck and keeping me interested in the hobby. It wasn't until today I properly tried my truck out, it was great. I had already broken it in late 2009 and it just sat on the workbench waiting to be tuned and to rip the streets.

This is where I stand now. Knowing almost everything I need to know about my kit, having loads of ideas and techniques stacked into my brain (Super thanks to Squirrel and his YouTube channel!!) And ready for whatever this hobby challenges me for!

A picture for your enjoyment captured after my run today!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Glad to see you got it all working good again. I remember the 50 PM's back and forth just a few months ago. One of the best things about this hobby is the group of people that are involved. It's a very strong brotherhood and most people people seem to genuinely enjoy helping others
Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Glad to see you got it all working good again. I remember the 50 PM's back and forth just a few months ago. One of the best things about this hobby is the group of people that are involved. It's a very strong brotherhood and most people people seem to genuinely enjoy helping others
Most of the time people on here are awesome but you do get the occasional a$$ hole....lol
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

I'm glad you got it all sorted out and are having fun now.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote