Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
D8T - What Are The Best/Required Upgrades For Racing? >

D8T - What Are The Best/Required Upgrades For Racing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

D8T - What Are The Best/Required Upgrades For Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
don't know what you mean there Maximo... it runs great with no wear.. so i guess that means not much slipping is taking place... maybe its the clutch or shoes you are using.. i don't know

also keep in mind the inner diameter of your clutch bell has alot to do with it.. when i mount my clutch up there is very lil room between the bell and the shoes...
inner diameter..yes I never thought of that ! that would make quite the difference...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kgombe
i updated my post to give some reasons ... but i tested all the pipes on the same clutch.. and i have been running 1.1 springs all the time.. as a matter of fact thats all i run.. but i run a 3 shoe clutch ( not sure if taht makes a difference).. no matter what engine.. all i run is 1.1 in my truggy with good clucth wear
I would guess 1.1 springs would hurt mileage and cause slip in normal conditions..... I have run 1.1's, but only on engines with a soft bottom..usually on strong engines like the JL i would start with .95 and work up if needed....From my own experience the 1.1's allow far too much free RPM before the clutch engages and tends to lose quite a bit of forward acceleration...These days I run M2C 4 shoe setups with reg soft shoes....however I have run many sets of Dynamite Max life shoes and had nothing but issues when I attempted 1.1's on any engine with nuts..........

I am not doubting you guys at all, I am just shocked your able to run 1.1 without smoking your clutch out, as thats all that happens to me when I try running them....Heck on my 28's I try to run the heaviest shoe I can find and the lightest spring possible as well as I usually gear up at least 1 tooth and sometimes 2....
Old 06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default race

Like I said it's a D8T thing not a engine thing and people that run the D8T know that the 1.1's work great. Some prople run a softer spring but just about every one I know runs 1,1's with the D8T
Old 06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quad71
do you have a link
ore a part # ????????????
http://cgi.ebay.com/MUGEN-MBX6-M-SPE...item5887c94b7a

front center will work on buggy or truggy. rear center works only on buggy. you just have to put a couple washers between the bulkhead and the axle.

i use them both on my buggy and like i said before they are rock solid
Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Answer-RC shoes and 1.1 springs here too.
No issues to date and fantastic wear rate on the shoes. I used to swear by the Fioroni clutch but it's Answer all the way from now on.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Like I said it's a D8T thing not a engine thing and people that run the D8T know that the 1.1's work great. Some prople run a softer spring but just about every one I know runs 1,1's with the D8T
I mean I can't argue with you guys, as your the ones running them and setting them up so you know better then me on the subject......I am just surprised you guys can run 1.1's is all......
Old 06-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

What is good wt for the diffs? front/center/rear
thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kennyrodg
Answer-RC shoes and 1.1 springs here too.
No issues to date and fantastic wear rate on the shoes. I used to swear by the Fioroni clutch but it's Answer all the way from now on.
I cant find the answer-rc shoes anywhere link?
Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simple GREEN
I cant find the answer-rc shoes anywhere link?
Here you go.

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=76

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...cPath=28_13_16
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks.
here's a good place to look http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...d8-truggy.html
Old 06-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one8updragracer
hopefully he has a couple weeks to stay at home and read all 217 pages and 3,242 posts. lol. there needs to be a whole forum dedicated to the D8T. its impossible to find anything in that D8T thread, i have searched it many times. why don't you just answer him or give him a link to something other than a novel to read...that has tons of useless informatin...granted it does have lots a great info...once you find it in the haystack.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks.
It depends on the track and your driving style but I would start with this setup
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/pdfs/...OSS_TY_D8T.pdf
Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tksnobords
hopefully he has a couple weeks to stay at home and read all 217 pages and 3,242 posts. lol. there needs to be a whole forum dedicated to the D8T. its impossible to find anything in that D8T thread, i have searched it many times. why don't you just answer him or give him a link to something other than a novel to read...that has tons of useless informatin...granted it does have lots a great info...once you find it in the haystack.
EVERYTHING in this thread has been covered in the D8T thread and if you would learn to use the search button you could find nearly everything you need.

OR..go to the last page of the D8T thread and ask there.

OR..start a new thread for everything about the D8T and make it harder for everyone to find anything.

I did answer his question. I gave him a link to the best spot on RCtech to find answers about the D8T.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks.
7000 front 10,000 center 3000 rear. hasnt failed me yet, works on every kind of track i have ran.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey,
Can any of you guys help me out with shock spring colors or a color chart with spring rates for the d8t ?? i own (3) of them and would not race anything else. we have big jumps out here and i bottom out (chassis slapp) hard all the time and dont want to do anymore dammage, i had my axial .28 rr-2 motor mount crack due to the stress of landing so hard, i have the stosk colors front and back but want to go stiffer without over doing it......... any advice from you "big-air" jumppers would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.