R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimsh8t View Post
Hey Marcus, What shock tower and alum hubs would you recomend? Part # or brand would be helpful. Thanks
I run the ACE Rear shock tower but the guy doesn't make them any more, a friend of mine runs the Tekno tower with good results. If you run aluminum rear hub carriers the 6 holes on the stock tower that hold the tierod will break out with a good hit, it happened to me twice

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ar-Shock-Tower

I run the JET hear hub carriers but everyone else I know run the King Headz ones dont get the HB ones with the little ball they suck

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=18777

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...ca8aab4e6acdae
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Get some aluminum rear hub carriers if your track has jumps
aluminum servo horn, rear shock tower, m2c lower and outer hinge pins and a aluninum clutch with heavy 1.1 springs, I run the red Jammin shoes W/1.1 springs. This combo will run with anything and has won lots of races for me and My friend drove the car to a Nitro Challenge 45min main win at the Nitro Pit, so you know it's strong. I run the stock springs with Tys' setup. Good luck with your truggy
Marcus, why do you use such heavy clutch springs on your aluminum shoes? Just curious what benefit it would achieve over all 1.0 springs. I want it to hit crisp and get quick acceleration to get over jumps with little to no run-up. Thanks!
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeezer View Post
Marcus, why do you use such heavy clutch springs on your aluminum shoes? Just curious what benefit it would achieve over all 1.0 springs. I want it to hit crisp and get quick acceleration to get over jumps with little to no run-up. Thanks!
running 1.1 springs make it alot snappier, thats all i run on my truggies (D8T) and i even like it on buggy at some tracks, it makes jumps really easy.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
running 1.1 springs make it alot snappier, thats all i run on my truggies (D8T) and i even like it on buggy at some tracks, it makes jumps really easy.
What springs are you running? And if I get different springs, do I need different shoes as well? How are these:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...utch-Springs-3
mike881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default DE Racing Hop-ups for the Hot Bodies D8T truggy

Thought I would pop in on this thread for DBT Hop-ups...

The DE Racing front BumpSkid for the Hot Bodies D8 buggy also fits the D8T truggy. These are available all over, but as listed previously you can get them from our website www.deracing.net or amain hobbies.

We also just came out with Mud Guards for the D8T truggy. These should be considered a necessary hop-up as they keep maintenance costs down by keeping dirt and grit off your shocks and away from your rear hub bearings and cvd's. The Mud Guards are also available direct from us or at amain.

It may be a stretch to consider our chassis products as Hop-ups, but they do make it easier and less expensive to own or race your vehicle by infinitely extending the life of critical parts on your truggy. Gives you more $ to spend on other go-fast goodies in the long run, like our Tank Pull Kits that will make fueling easier and faster...

Just an FYI...
American Express
my personel debt counselor
R/C Addicts Anonymous
Metzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
+1 I run the Answer clutch with 1.0 in buggy and I did run the Answer with 1.1 in truggy but went to the Jammin because I had it in my box. When I ran the 1.0 springs in Truggy with the Aluminum clutch I would get a bog on the low end, not a lean bog but the clutch bog, it would engage to early but running the 1.1 w/ aluminum shoes in the D8T puts my motor into the perfect power band for my .21. I ran the stock clutch and trimmed the stock shoes and that worked for about 1 day. Most of the top HB guys run stock trimmed shoes but go pick up ther truggy it is very very light compared to a stock HB truggy. I have tried alot of clutch options on the D8T and 1.1 springs and light aluminum shoes is good. Ernest Won Nitro Challenge with 1.1 springs and Answer shoes and after the 45min main they still looked new. I ran them for another gallon before I switched shoes and springs.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike881 View Post
What springs are you running? And if I get different springs, do I need different shoes as well? How are these:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...utch-Springs-3
i run those springs with the dynamite max life shoes. do NOT get mugen springs, they break before the day is over, had it happen with 5 out of 5 sets of springs.

or you can get these, i like them: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...hoes-w-Springs
Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #38
Tech Initiate

WHAT ABOUT OTHER CHANGING THE SPRING ON SHOCKS ??
I HAVE SEEN THEY CHANGE THE REAR TO ORANGE AND FRONT TO BLUE ??
AND WHAT ABOUT THE CENTER DRIVE SHAFT ????
quad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad71 View Post
WHAT ABOUT OTHER CHANGING THE SPRING ON SHOCKS ??
I HAVE SEEN THEY CHANGE THE REAR TO ORANGE AND FRONT TO BLUE ??
AND WHAT ABOUT THE CENTER DRIVE SHAFT ????
like what are you wanting? better traction or better steering? IMO the stock springs are perfect.

also what are you asking about the center drive shafts? are they wearing quick or what?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #40
Tech Initiate

Quote:
like what are you wanting? better traction or better steering? IMO the stock springs are perfect.

YEAH ME TOO ,,I VE JUST SEEN GUYS THAT DO THIS AND WAS WONDERING WHAT IS THE PURPOSE ???

also what are you asking about the center drive shafts? are they wearing quick or what?
IS THESE THE UPGRADE FOR IT ???

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ve-Shaft-Set-1

Last edited by quad71; 06-02-2010 at 01:33 PM.
quad71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Marcus, thanks for the info. I run Answer RC clutch parts as well, and they are great! I'm going to try a set of gold springs on their aluminum shoes next time out. Hey, have you tried the new vented 34mm flywheel yet? We're running one on our D8 and it works very nicely.
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad71 View Post
yep but you can also get a kyosho one too and they have a WCE one but its more, because you have to buy it in pieces. but im going to start running the one you have in the link.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just a note. I don't know if this is gonna be an issue or if it's just my luck. But the DCJ SUCKS!, IMO. I have no clue why, but they went south on both bug and trug. For some reason, the set screw simply doesn't hold. Then the shaft slides back n forth, pulling the outer bearing out of the case...etc. Just my experience. I'm gonna do something different soon, not sure what yet.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Just a note. I don't know if this is gonna be an issue or if it's just my luck. But the DCJ SUCKS!, IMO. I have no clue why, but they went south on both bug and trug. For some reason, the set screw simply doesn't hold. Then the shaft slides back n forth, pulling the outer bearing out of the case...etc. Just my experience. I'm gonna do something different soon, not sure what yet.
My buddy has been running one for a while with no problems and i just put one on mine and ran the main without any problems.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
Mugen MBX6 front center works great. i dont even run the dust boot on it and its still tight after 3 gallons.

works on d8 and d8t