R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

how many teeth is an ace servo/23,24, or 25??
Simple GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Futaba/25
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

sweet thanks

also I cant find any front DE bumper on a-main is there one that i just cant find? looking for one that protects The front underside of the chassis
Simple GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksnobords View Post
hey guys. i did a little searching but couldn't find anything. i am hoping current D8T owners/racers will chime in!

I just ordered a D8T and want to get the needed upgrades for racing. a local racer told me a metal servo horn is required. also skid plates are required. so let me know what you guys think!

-metal servo horn
-skid plates

thanks
tk
the best upgrades for a D8T? Sell it and get a mugen

J/K. This is actually the most popular buggy/truggy at my track. And they really like their hot bodies

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple GREEN View Post
sweet thanks

also I cant find any front DE bumper on a-main is there one that i just cant find? looking for one that protects The front underside of the chassis
Should be the same one for both buggy and truggy.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hot-Bodies-D8
Old 06-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

don't need any alloy suspension parts if you don't intend on crashing.

the only things that you should upgrade are an aloy servo horn for steering. this make the car more reliable if you do cartwheel and cerramic bears for the clutch. the standard ones are good but for a little more confidence get the ceramic one's

these are the only things i have done to my car and it finishes EVERY main i have contested.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default d8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
don't need any alloy suspension parts if you don't intend on crashing.

the only things that you should upgrade are an aloy servo horn for steering. this make the car more reliable if you do cartwheel and cerramic bears for the clutch. the standard ones are good but for a little more confidence get the ceramic one's

these are the only things i have done to my car and it finishes EVERY main i have contested.
Your wrong, every one crashes even the pros. Rear aluminum hub carriers are a must M2C inner captured hinge pins, rear shock tower, Servo Arm, Front spindles if you can but not needed Every one of the top HB guys run this stuff and if you want to finish a race every time you should to. Don't let anyone tell you different. I am not a basher, I am a racer this is what I do for a hobby. I have been racing this Truggy for over a year at a very tough level on some very tough tracks and trust me when your stuff breaks when you are in the lead you get pissed. Yes you can race it stock and alot of people do, but you asked what are the best upgrades and IMO this is a must. I will put my truggy up against anything and it always finishes the race.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #23
Tech Elite

hey marcus (ha funny my name is marcus). Which do you like better the mugen or hotboddies truggy? Will be getting a truggy soon and obviously i am leaning towards a mugen, but would like your opinion as alot of people at my track run hot boddies (they don't sell mugen or have parts)

Mugen
Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
hey marcus (ha funny my name is marcus). Which do you like better the mugen or hotboddies truggy? Will be getting a truggy soon and obviously i am leaning towards a mugen, but would like your opinion as alot of people at my track run hot boddies (they don't sell mugen or have parts)
The Mugen is the best truggy on the market IMO it is just so fast on the track but the front and rear arms break alot and my HB truggy is very strong now. Our tracks in Arizona are like superX tracks, so strong wins alot of races out here. Only 3 D8T's in my aera and about 30 MBX6T's
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
Tech Elite

if thats all that breaks, thats not that bad. They are pretty cheap part to replace. From normal abuse i have yet to break anything on my mugen buggy in over a year. I did however do over 200$ in damage when i ran into a tree at WFO!

Mugen
Old 06-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I drove a mugen the other day at the track and thought it was twicthy and the only up grades i have on my truggy are the rear alum hubs and i have the m2c inner and outer hinge pins and still have not put them on and i race 2-4 times a month and i dont wreck much but when i do its a hard one lol the truck is good just like any other it is all about set up and the personn wheeling it.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
Your wrong, every one crashes even the pros. Rear aluminum hub carriers are a must M2C inner captured hinge pins, rear shock tower, Servo Arm, Front spindles if you can but not needed Every one of the top HB guys run this stuff and if you want to finish a race every time you should to. Don't let anyone tell you different. I am not a basher, I am a racer this is what I do for a hobby. I have been racing this Truggy for over a year at a very tough level on some very tough tracks and trust me when your stuff breaks when you are in the lead you get pissed. Yes you can race it stock and alot of people do, but you asked what are the best upgrades and IMO this is a must. I will put my truggy up against anything and it always finishes the race.
i didn't mean i never crash i mean that the car can take a few beatings with out breaking but if wont take a full on attack. and you are rite you didn't ask If you should upgrade it you asked What are the best upgrades. but insaying that at least my car has been one of the most relialbe with just these few upgrades mentioned before.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
+1 on the upgrade list. The only other things I would add to your list is cvd boots for the center shafts or a change to the MBX6 buggy front center shaft, and I added the king headz 3 degree front diff rear mount from the LSP. The reason I did that is that it allows you to drill the chassis to pass through a 4mm screw to help secure the front suspension mount. Makes it a whole lot tougher when you do it.
I've added other stuff, but the list above is the more important stuff to me. I used the aluminum rear hubs from the LSP which to me is a little more reliable than the D8/D8T one with the adjustable rear upper mount. I also added lunsford titainum turnbuckles for strength and weight savings along with 5mm titanium steering rods instead of the stock 4mm ones.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tksnobords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple GREEN View Post
sweet thanks

you can get them from DE Racing. http://www.deracing.net/sales.htm#hbd8
they are more expenisive, but offer free shipping. and they ship fast! but so does amain.

Contests, Videos, News and Reviews www.BigSquidRC.com
tksnobords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Upgrades

Quote:
Hey Marcus, What shock tower and alum hubs would you recomend? Part # or brand would be helpful. Thanks
AP Custom Paint/Kal-Gard/
Slimsh8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links