Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sirio Kanai Evo 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sirio Kanai Evo 4

Does anyone still run Sirio Kanai Evo 4 STI engines? I am having trouble trying to tune this thing and could use some advice. I am running the turbo head button, the standerd needle, and sirio #7 glow plugs. I tried running OS ultra hot #4 turbos and kept fowling them out. The buggy is a Kyosho 777 worlds and I run 30% nitrotane. Right now the engine revs after coming off acceleration. I keep trying to fatten it up with no luck, to the extent of making the engine gurgle from fuel. I was a fool and did not check the original specs on the carb before I began changing things. I used to run a EVO 3 and did alright, just wanted an update.

Please Help.... I need it, lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rasteinberger
Does anyone still run Sirio Kanai Evo 4 STI engines? I am having trouble trying to tune this thing and could use some advice. I am running the turbo head button, the standerd needle, and sirio #7 glow plugs. I tried running OS ultra hot #4 turbos and kept fowling them out. The buggy is a Kyosho 777 worlds and I run 30% nitrotane. Right now the engine revs after coming off acceleration. I keep trying to fatten it up with no luck, to the extent of making the engine gurgle from fuel. I was a fool and did not check the original specs on the carb before I began changing things. I used to run a EVO 3 and did alright, just wanted an update.

Please Help.... I need it, lol.
first check you idle gap could b open to far but sounds like air leak. check the carb boot make shure there isnt a hole in it. make shure its not leaking around the card and last and most $$$ is front bearing
Old 05-21-2010, 04:50 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the Sirio Kanai Evo 4 STI is one bad a$$ engine
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I think that the evo 4 has to be the best motor I have ever ran. Does anybody still run them, I have been wanting another, but can't seem to find them
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Best engine that I have ever ran,so smooth. This thing revs to the moon.back to the ?.Use the second needle if u still have it. it seems that needle makes the idle smoother from my testing.The setting is 3 7/12 high end,low end 3 10/12 is were my sti is right now at 3 gallons. Ck idle gap make sure that it is not too wide. Tune the high speed needle after that lean the low end needle intill u got a even engine speed after u rev it and go back to idle when thats done then lower the idle, then drive it and check temp it should be close. make sure when tuning it fully warmed up.hope this help.btw I use the od 77t but u should use the 97t .I think that would be a better range for that engine.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:34 AM
D8
Tech Master

here is my engine..

i use a sportwerks 053 pipe and engine loves that pipe., super smooth engine with excellent bottom but, insane mid & topend powerband i can get around some bigtime modded engines at the track with out a problem. it uses a dome style piston top, is not flat on top., and by the way.. i have 2 gallons on my engine and still on the 1st plug (reg plug, not turbo)
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

i used to run these motors with great sucess in truggy and buggy.
ran novarossi carbs with 6mm restrictor.
10min+ run times
Old 05-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by v6shooter
Best engine that I have ever ran,so smooth. This thing revs to the moon.back to the ?.Use the second needle if u still have it. it seems that needle makes the idle smoother from my testing.The setting is 3 7/12 high end,low end 3 10/12 is were my sti is right now at 3 gallons. Ck idle gap make sure that it is not too wide. Tune the high speed needle after that lean the low end needle intill u got a even engine speed after u rev it and go back to idle when thats done then lower the idle, then drive it and check temp it should be close. make sure when tuning it fully warmed up.hope this help.btw I use the od 77t but u should use the 97t .I think that would be a better range for that engine.
Thank you, I appreciate your settings. The information should help greatly, I will try some things and keep you informed. One last thing the Sirio book described a rear spray bar to adjust for torque, but I do not believe I have this. I was curious if I did wanting to make sure that I have not accidentally moved it. It warns not to by accident as it could greatly change the engine performance.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:42 AM
D8
Tech Master

the spray bar adjuster is the allen wrench screw on the side of the carb.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by D8
That could be my issue then, i thought that just held the carb down in. I took the carb out once. Is there any special way to adjust this thing? Btw thanks alot for this help man i really appreciate it, you are a life saver. My freinds all run novarossi and orion. Im kinda a loaner here lol.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone want one with a gallon on it. Rear bearing went bad and replaced. It was never ran again after bearing replaced. I started running for ebmods. Email me [email protected]
Old 05-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by D8
There are no carbs that have an allen screw for a needle or spray bar adjustment, with the possible exception of a Thunder Tiger engine. If it's not a slotted screw adjuster, it's not adjustable. ;o)

Raistenberger - exactly what is your engine doing? When you let off the throttle, do the revs stay high and eventually drop down, does it just stay at a high rev, or does it idle down and then increase in revs?
Old 05-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by D8
here is my engine..

i use a sportwerks 053 pipe and engine loves that pipe., super smooth engine with excellent bottom but, insane mid & topend powerband i can get around some bigtime modded engines at the track with out a problem. it uses a dome style piston top, is not flat on top., and by the way.. i have 2 gallons on my engine and still on the 1st plug (reg plug, not turbo)
As he states is how this engine is insane mid and top end
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SteveP
There are no carbs that have an allen screw for a needle or spray bar adjustment, with the possible exception of a Thunder Tiger engine. If it's not a slotted screw adjuster, it's not adjustable. ;o)

Raistenberger - exactly what is your engine doing? When you let off the throttle, do the revs stay high and eventually drop down, does it just stay at a high rev, or does it idle down and then increase in revs?
Coming of acceleration it will idle high and in time idle down.I was thinkin it was lean, but does not seem to be the case.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Lean it till the rpm dont change then lower the idle where you like it then you should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.