R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #46
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
tires arent illegal, the wheels are illegal and you can mount a VTR tire to an LPR style wheel no problem. and the only races that it really matters is the Nationals and how bad other race organizers have a hard-on for other brands being predominiate like we have here in our florida series
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Arizona has passed a state law requiring state and local law enforcement officers to confirm the immigration status of anyone they suspect is not here legally that they encounter in the course of their duties. (In other words, if they get stopped for speeding and don't speak English for example...)

LA, San Diego, Berkeley, etc, as well as Seattle, have passed resolutions that they will "boycott" Arizona. No official travel there or any contracts with the state of Arizona. This is a show of support for the protestors who think illegal immigration (i.e. sneaking into the country) should be made legal...

Soooo... as long as that nonsense is going on... I don't buy from California companies. No California wines, no Hollywood movies, no computer/network equipment from HP/Compaq, Gateway, Cisco, Intel, Ingram Micro... no clothes from GAP, no food from Dole, no shopping at Ross, no groceries from Safeway. Honestly the only things I commonly get from California are computer related things, produce, wine, movies, and a headache from the stupid ideas like this one.

In the RC world... there are a number of California companies. I won't be shopping at A-Main while this is going on... no AKA tires, nothing from OFNA... I've had several others mentioned to me, but those are the ones I would reasonably expect to deal with.

They want to start the boycott game... let's see who wins.

As an amusing side note, LA gets about 25% of their electricity from Arizona... and Arizona is threatening to "pull the plug." I hope they do it.

Oh... and Seattle has joined the cities boycotting Arizona. I guess I won't be drinking Starbucks for a while... I can't think of a single other thing I get from there.

Whats really funny, by federal law ALL law enforcement are supposed to enforce immigration laws, this means making sure your not illegal, just because my Governor wanted to make it a state law we get into this mess WTF, i like mexicans, i like blacks, i like Chinese, etc im not racist, if your here legally cool, if your illegal get the F out and i am proud to say i am an american citizen and i want all illegal immigrants to get the F out of my country, if you want a better life and come here do it legally

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Arizona has passed a state law requiring state and local law enforcement officers to confirm the immigration status of anyone they suspect is not here legally that they encounter in the course of their duties. (In other words, if they get stopped for speeding and don't speak English for example...)

LA, San Diego, Berkeley, etc, as well as Seattle, have passed resolutions that they will "boycott" Arizona. No official travel there or any contracts with the state of Arizona. This is a show of support for the protestors who think illegal immigration (i.e. sneaking into the country) should be made legal...

Soooo... as long as that nonsense is going on... I don't buy from California companies. No California wines, no Hollywood movies, no computer/network equipment from HP/Compaq, Gateway, Cisco, Intel, Ingram Micro... no clothes from GAP, no food from Dole, no shopping at Ross, no groceries from Safeway. Honestly the only things I commonly get from California are computer related things, produce, wine, movies, and a headache from the stupid ideas like this one.

In the RC world... there are a number of California companies. I won't be shopping at A-Main while this is going on... no AKA tires, nothing from OFNA... I've had several others mentioned to me, but those are the ones I would reasonably expect to deal with.

They want to start the boycott game... let's see who wins.

As an amusing side note, LA gets about 25% of their electricity from Arizona... and Arizona is threatening to "pull the plug." I hope they do it.

Oh... and Seattle has joined the cities boycotting Arizona. I guess I won't be drinking Starbucks for a while... I can't think of a single other thing I get from there.
I did not know this Domit, thanks for catching me up on the current events .
Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

I thought this was a thread about tires... lol... anyhoo, calibers m3, best tire made right now.

Southern Onroad F1 Champion.. F109
jspurgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:14 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aray View Post
FWIW - JConcepts is in Groveland, FL.

A few racers here use Truggy Crosshairs as their "default" tire... JC is a great company that supports local racers so don't count them out.
I'll stay out of the politics, other than to say that I'm a supporter of AZ...

Staying on topic, the JC Crosshairs really are a good all-around tire for truggy. I use the soft compound, and get a good balance of traction and tread wear. I used them and my M3 Calibers at PNB. both felt good, but there was a slight advantage to the Calibers.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:42 AM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

calibers are the best tire made right now

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy View Post
Panther is in Riverside, CA. Halfway between AKA and PL. I feel your pain though. Us border states have it real bad with the illegal situation. The rest of the country has no idea what is really going on. If amnesty is passed, we may never recover. They only answer is to deport everyone that is not here legally. I hope AZ is ready for the population increase due to everybody leaving CA.
CRUD! Ok, Panther is off the list. Looks like JConcepts and VP Pro (please tell me they aren't in California too?) are my only choices.

And thanks to the folks that posted the info on the Crosshairs. I'll have to check them out.
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
CRUD! Ok, Panther is off the list. Looks like JConcepts and VP Pro (please tell me they aren't in California too?) are my only choices.

And thanks to the folks that posted the info on the Crosshairs. I'll have to check them out.
VP Pro is made overseas, but imported through Southwest FL I believe. Lot of VP Pro and JConcepts love down in FL these days.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks Dylan... although that unfortunately takes my 2 favorite "go to" tires out of the mix!
just run the tires then!

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #54
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I read it and everyone has their opinion, Im all for cracking down on illegal immigration, but just going bout it in a different direction...

and scoopdaloop - Im more upset about my taxes going to our people that just sit on the system and collect from the system, I personally know legal people that gets upto 5 grand a month off the system. They drive better cars and live in biggers homes, all off the system.....

How are VP truggy tires?
I am all for supporting American citizens in need, HOWEVER! I think that if you receive federal aid you should be required to take drug tests just like all the people paying taxes to fund that federal aid. If someone would pass that law Medicaid and food stamp spending would decrease ten fold.

As for Arizona I say good for them. Profiling is wrong but sometimes things must be done that aren't fair to fix the bigger problem. As for California they need to quit worrying about everyone else and focus on fixing their own problems like their MASSIVE DEFICIT.

I dont think you should boycott honest hard working American small businesses based on decisions made by politicians and crazy activists. The RC community is struggling enough without that headache.

P.S Calibers and Cityblocks are my 2 favorite tires they both work awesome under almost any conditions but IMO Cityblocks last a little longer.
matrixmike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #55
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I have a good set of calibers but one of the rims cracked and I glued it. Then I saw another crack forming on other side of the hex. So I decided to get another set of rims and just bake the tires off like I have done several times before. Bake off the tires and I noticed the foams are starting to fall to pieces. The have cracks all over them and chucnks of blue foam just falling of in some areas. Has anyone tried AKA foams in them? I have good tires and new rims, so I am going to have to buy some foam inserts. I am thinking that even though the aka are a little smaller, they should still work. I am just wanting to make sure before I buy them.
morkendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #56
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkendi View Post
So I have a good set of calibers but one of the rims cracked and I glued it. Then I saw another crack forming on other side of the hex. So I decided to get another set of rims and just bake the tires off like I have done several times before. Bake off the tires and I noticed the foams are starting to fall to pieces. The have cracks all over them and chucnks of blue foam just falling of in some areas. Has anyone tried AKA foams in them? I have good tires and new rims, so I am going to have to buy some foam inserts. I am thinking that even though the aka are a little smaller, they should still work. I am just wanting to make sure before I buy them.
thats odd that the pl foams fell apart. i usually get 2-3 sets of tires use out of one set of foams. aka foams will not fit right in the vtr tires. pl makes a closed cell foam similar to the aka ones, try those.
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
I'll stay out of the politics, other than to say that I'm a supporter of AZ...

Staying on topic, the JC Crosshairs really are a good all-around tire for truggy. I use the soft compound, and get a good balance of traction and tread wear. I used them and my M3 Calibers at PNB. both felt good, but there was a slight advantage to the Calibers.
Well, I had the chance to put the Calibers up against my JCCrosshairs today.

My track had TONS of traction (3000 gallons of water was put down just before midnight, then it rained this morning for about 45 minutes). Talk about a primo racing surface! After the top layer of sticky stuff was pushed off (practice and the first class that was ran took care of that), we were blessed with a slightly damp, nicely packed racing surface all day.

One thing that I noticed right away was that the Crosshairs had a bit less side bite (my truggy pushed a bit more on power than with the Calibers). The forward bite in the groove was about equal for both, but the Crosshairs seemed to pull better when I got out on he fluff. This is likely due to the larger lugs, and more open tread pattern. If I had to give one tire the win over the other, it would be the Caliber, but by a very slight margin.

Both sets were soft compound. I also got to put in some laps with my soft Cityblocks, but they're worn out and didn't do well at all, so I really can't compare them.

Brad, the Crosshairs should work out well for you as an all-around tire until your California products boycott reaches a conclusion...run them with pride!
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote