R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   order of tuning (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/399895-order-tuning.html)

dreaux 05-18-2010 02:19 PM

order of tuning

Was thinking today about what is the most critical tuning options. I know when i put my buggy on a station, generaly all my ride height and droop is already done. Then i can move to toe and camber/caster. So it got me thinking what the most important tunes on a car are. My order would be something like this, from the most important and having the most effect on driving, to the least. And in some way the order i go in. (assume engine is tuned with desired plug and the right pipe for the track)

Tires
clutch
ride height
shock setup
diff setup
droop
toe
caster
camber
roll center (stabalizers)
track witdth
wheelbase
wing mount
chassis flex

yup. I am borred. just want to see what some of you think, and let me know if i am placing the most importance on the correct things.

jdcavin 05-19-2010 10:58 AM

really

How about going to a track and go race or practice instead of writing posts.

l3asher 05-19-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jdcavin (Post 7427468)

:lol::lol::p:p:D:D:sneaky::):eek::eek::nod::nod::h a::ha:

So true.

Madbrad 05-19-2010 12:14 PM

My top 3 would be ,
Tires
Clutch
Shocks.

The rest of your list would be pretty much the same for me.

portyansky 05-19-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jdcavin (Post 7427468)

A little pee came out. :D

jammin32j 05-19-2010 02:14 PM

Tires, Diffs, and Shocks are the three that help me the most.

jmaxey51 05-19-2010 03:29 PM

i think the driver is the most important :lol:

rcdude236 05-19-2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jmaxey51 (Post 7428390)
i think the driver is the most important :lol:

on that note just having a car is pretty important. i mean whos need a engine right. What do they do for you?

Bigedmond 05-19-2010 04:19 PM

I think having a clean car, with no broken parts the bind free suspension is important. Having a comfortable setup, IE shocks, diffs, camber, ride height, toe, etc just makes your car more consistent.

Tires are probably the most important part of your car. They are what holds your car to the track.

Lastly, Experience. If you are a n00b, you will not win races. You need to spend time practicing, learning how your car will react on all sections of the track.

dreaux 05-19-2010 04:27 PM

i thought this thread died a slow death. No races around here for a couple weeks, and got laid off and broke. I have just enough money for a couple of things and hopefully a race when the new track around here opens in a week or two.

Don't worry, i won't be on here and post that much. It is starting to annoy even me. I feel sorry for some of you:lol:

have a good one,

marcus.

cleblanc 05-19-2010 07:24 PM

OMG

jbright33 05-19-2010 07:29 PM

motor

Frank L 05-19-2010 07:44 PM

Dreaux face it these threads need you. You birng a special kinda I don't even know how to put I into words to these sometimes dull boreing threads. I am still waitig for you to top your underwater comment. I honestly don't even remember exactly what it was but it sure was funny. I know a buddy I race with apprecitates your youness too. Don't let the bastards get you down. And btw laid off sucks. Take a little, give a little and leave a little you can't go wrong.

dreaux 05-19-2010 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Frank L (Post 7429561)
Dreaux face it these threads need you. You birng a special kinda I don't even know how to put I into words to these sometimes dull boreing threads. I am still waitig for you to top your underwater comment. I honestly don't even remember exactly what it was but it sure was funny. I know a buddy I race with apprecitates your youness too. Don't let the bastards get you down. And btw laid off sucks. Take a little, give a little and leave a little you can't go wrong.

i think putting my pipe in the freezer and cracking it in half tops that. I was mad. No one told me not to fill it ALL THE WAY. I forgot that water expands when it freezes:weird:

should of seen the tree i hit at full throttle. Taco's anyone? (250 dollar accident).

and right around that time i drove it in canal behind my house.:mad:

l3asher 05-20-2010 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by dreaux (Post 7430152)
i think putting my pipe in the freezer and cracking it in half tops that. I was mad. No one told me not to fill it ALL THE WAY. I forgot that water expands when it freezes:weird:

should of seen the tree i hit at full throttle. Taco's anyone? (250 dollar accident).

and right around that time i drove it in canal behind my house.:mad:

For some reason this made me laugh.