R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MBX6 or Odonell Team Buggy

If you had the choice between the two buggies which would you go with and feel free to say why.
devilsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

are you talking about the 2-in-1 kit or the SG kit from odonnell? i think the SG and MBX6 will be close in performance.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:39 AM   #3
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Mbx6 for ease of parts More people run them and it is a great car. I have losi and the mugen is tempting.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

The MBX-6 is an awesome car!
Ronda Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda Drake View Post
The MBX-6 is an awesome car!
Agreed! Best buggy out there!
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had both buggies, but depending on location, the O'Donnell is unheard of for a reason. Mugen is much more popular, and has alot more support at the track. Check out your LHS and see what have for parts.

I'm not knocking O'Donnell's customer support, Steve is a great guy and knowledgeable.
akiyama77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Tech Regular

Thanks guys. These are the type of replies I was looking for. Yes I was talking about the 2 in 1 kit. I believe that both buggies are great buggies and yes the customer service from a Manufacturer is always a part of the decision making or atleast to me should be. I believe that all the big name buggies are good buggies. I just think that they all do one thing or the other a little better or maybe fit one person better in an aspect or another. I had a friend highly reccommend the Mugen buggy and long story short I will end up having both buggies. which ever one I don't drive the wife will get so I will still be wrenching and driving them both from time to time. Keep em coming guys
Old 05-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
Thanks guys. These are the type of replies I was looking for. Yes I was talking about the 2 in 1 kit. I believe that both buggies are great buggies and yes the customer service from a Manufacturer is always a part of the decision making or atleast to me should be. I believe that all the big name buggies are good buggies. I just think that they all do one thing or the other a little better or maybe fit one person better in an aspect or another. I had a friend highly reccommend the Mugen buggy and long story short I will end up having both buggies. which ever one I don't drive the wife will get so I will still be wrenching and driving them both from time to time. Keep em coming guys
I purchased the O'Donnell Z01B before I got any sponsorship from them for several reasons. One being the customer service. Steve O'Donnell himself emailed then called me to talk (in great length) about the car. Then came the cost of parts. O'Donnell's parts are among the most affordable in Nitro RC.

Finally, I didn't want to buy one hop-up part to make the car work. The O'Donnell shined in this area as well. I still run the car totally stock. Some people like to spend hundreds on hop-ups, but I didn't want to play that game anymore.

I love this car. It's been everything I wanted from an 8th scale buggy, and then some. I'd still race it if I wasn't sponsored. I can't see another car that comes close.
Jon Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

MBX6...without question.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

+1 for the Z01B! Jon is totally right on this. The Z01B SG has potential to shine since all the minor improvements have been integrated into the SG. Parts wise you can easily get them from most LHS or online but the Z01B's parts are very very affordable!
Most of the big name manufacturer's cars are very similar in looks,design and performance, just comes down to who's at the wheel these days. Best you decide after trying both cars out for yourself first, i did and i found the Z01B to be slightly better on quality and build.

Just my 2 cents
Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsquid View Post
If you had the choice between the two buggies which would you go with and feel free to say why.
Which ever is easiest to get parts for.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would wait and get the SG O'Donnell kit next month. There are many improvements over the 2 in 1 kit. I think you will be very impressed with it.
Jon Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #13
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbieguyz View Post
Mbx6 for ease of parts More people run them and it is a great car. I have losi and the mugen is tempting.
I myself drove a losi 1.0 and the 2,0 for a few years and just made the switch to the mugen mbx6 due to the fact that it fits my driven style alot better and you can really push the car. I have never driven a OD buggy so i cant speak on how it handles. I do know that i have dropped 4 sec off my lap times with the mugen vs the losi but the losi isnt the buggy in question here. The mugen is very easy to drive and you are easy to come by not that you need a lot of part for it but if you do need something i know that you can find them. Just my .02
Old 05-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Mugen Mugen Mugen

And thats coming from a Losi fanboy.....
Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #15
Tech Regular

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. As one of you said, I will have to drive them both and see which fits me best. I don't feel i can go wrong with either and waiting on the SG would be a great point but I already have the ZO1 team on the way. Heck I would have it in hand if mail delievery to us deployed military personnel was faster.LOL Been waiting for about 3 weeks now. I am sure it is close to me somewhere just waiting for us to hit the right spot to be handed to me. I will be like a kid in a candy store. I guess i am just lucky to have both or I could be cursed and end up chasing the wife around the track with which ever one she gets.LOL You were all great sportsman and I was really hesistant to post this question. Have a great day all.