Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default body wraps anyone?

Has anyone used any body wraps?

What are you opinions on them?

Durable?
hard to apply?
Does clear body have to be painted at all or does the wrap cover the entire body?

here is a link to some wraps:

http://rev-rc.com/shop/scripts/prodL...?idCategory=30

this is specifically for a buggy
Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

if i could get them the exact colors that I wanted i would run nothing but body wraps. the body lasts waaaaayyy longer. if you get one go over it with a heat gun so you get the glue heated up a little bit
alfanna909 likes this.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

REV does a great job and they fit awesome, but yeah, you should still paint the inside at least one of the colors in the wrap. Usually just a straight cut line between colors os all you need, very simple.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a rev-rc wrap on my buggy and i didn't even have to paint it. Nice wrap and the price was a no brainer. I have an upgrade rc wrap on my truggy and it's a real head turner and has held up very well. Been running that body since last oct. Installed a fastlane graffix on my buddies truggy and that was a real nice wrap. There's alot to choose from.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Fastlane is the best I've seen so far
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Chad does awesome work and has some really good design skills! His stuff is very durable.

www.fastlanegear.com
Old 05-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Fastlane is the best and does one off custom wraps with any color you want . Chad has raised the bar for wraps and should seriously check his work out .

For the question , wraps are easy after the first one you do and it makes it easier if you use Windex [ or any glass cleaner] on the body and wrap along with a heat guy to stretch it and set in place . They are very durable and make the body hold up better and last longer . Far as painting , that depends on how well you get the wrap on .

Check out the few Fastlane threads here and his website .
Old 05-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

I have a very nice airbrush. It's a big part of the whole hobby for me. I grew up painting the boddies.

I really like the wraps but will never get myself to do it.

They do look killer though!!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I have a very nice airbrush. It's a big part of the whole hobby for me. I grew up painting the boddies.
So did I but over the years I have lost the patience when painting and rather get wraps when I can .
Old 05-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

at 49.99, no thanks for me. I will stick with Rev

49.99 for a wrap is price gauging, what a rip off
Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
at 49.99, no thanks for me. I will stick with Rev

49.99 for a wrap is price gauging, what a rip off

There are coupons out if you look around. Obviously you are clueless... and you get what you pay for.

thanks guys for all the kind words.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:19 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

YES!! Chads wraps are very nice! And you can choose your own colors. I have 6 different color schemes I will be using for the next 20 years!!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

clueless? dont think so. I just think 50 bucks is alot to pay for a vinyl decal. I will Krylon my body before I pay that much.

Get what you pay for? Well I think the Rev body wraps are very nice looking. You can also customize your color scheme as well. All for $25 with free shipping. I would rather get that and use the other $25 for some upgrade parts.

just my .02, not trying to bash. seeing as though you are sponsored by them, or possibly the owner of fastlane....
Old 05-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
clueless? dont think so. I just think 50 bucks is alot to pay for a vinyl decal. I will Krylon my body before I pay that much.

Get what you pay for? Well I think the Rev body wraps are very nice looking. You can also customize your color scheme as well. All for $25 with free shipping. I would rather get that and use the other $25 for some upgrade parts.

just my .02, not trying to bash. seeing as though you are sponsored by them, or possibly the owner of fastlane....
Yes, Clueless, people are not talking out their buts your know, alot of people like myself have tried a couple different wraps from Ebay 14.99 to Fastlane 50... And I will tell you from experience, you get what you pay for... Fastlane is the best wraps around followed by Upgrade IMO... I have and run both... You go ahead and use Krylon and see how long that last.... Chads wraps are the thickest I think. See with most companies, Yes you can pick "color schemes" but chad/Fastland does 100% one of a kind wraps. You must be new to this hobby, but a good paint job will cost as much as 150 bucks just for the paint....and just to let you know all vinyl is not the same. So lets do this, lets see whos body hold up better, mine - fastlane or your - Rev.... I already have 3 races on mine.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's all in how durable your wrap is, how glossy it looks(resulting from the laminate thickness/quality), and how well it applies/sticks. If you compare wraps out there side by side you will see the industry has a couple standouts in the quality department.

I install many wraps a month so you do get what you pay for. There is a reason why some are cheaper than others, some are about the same price, etc..

It's not a ripoff to pay for quality stuff. But if you like $25 wraps thats perfect. I'm not saying that the $25 wrap is not quality at all. The Chepaer price comes from using a much thinner material and what looks to be a different laminate that's not as glossy as say upgrade or fastlane It's what's fun for you and what fits you the best.

If ya need a wrap install check us out...

http://speedshop.alabamarcracers.com...d=59&Itemid=68

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.