R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

all in all, no matter what wraps who goes with, or what they cost. Like stated above, it does seem to be better than paint.

I also will add another question in, does wraps in general make the body less prone to cracks?
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:42 AM   #32
Tech Elite

This is a hobby that is not cheap, and I have known MANY racers that tried the cheap approach whether its wraps, paint, aftermarket parts ect... But at the end of the day they get all pissed off cause the cheap stuff they brought is not holding up to their expectations. A good paint job is over a $100 bucks and you really need to take care of it to last. Yes, chad I know how much that stuff cost, I make stickers for real import and drift cars, were quality matters. There is no such thing as price gauging for good quality CUSTOM work.....
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
This is a hobby that is not cheap, and I have known MANY racers that tried the cheap approach whether its wraps, paint, aftermarket parts ect... But at the end of the day they get all pissed off cause the cheap stuff they brought is not holding up to their expectations. A good paint job is over a $100 bucks and you really need to take care of it to last. Yes, chad I know how much that stuff cost, I make stickers for real import and drift cars, were quality matters. There is no such thing as price gauging for good quality CUSTOM work.....
Yeah, but a wrap doesn't improve performance... on the real import cars, each sticker is good for about 10 horsepower, right?
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Yeah, but a wrap doesn't improve performance... on the real import cars, each sticker is good for about 10 horsepower, right?
Whoa , hold on here . I was told I`d get A main finishes if I put a wrap on my buggy !
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I finally got my rev-rc wraps installed. I also have a glow starter and fuel bottle wrap that are not pictured. I love how this looks and highly recommend Lee at Rev-RC. I also recommend Chad's work at Fastlane Graphix. Both guys are great to work with and do a super job.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #36
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Most of the wrap guys put out some great product.
It all depends on what you want in the custom department.

Some have designs you choose from and add your name and maybe change the colors.
But, be prepaired to go to a race and someone else is running the same design as you.

Others can and will do full custom designs.

It all comes down to what your looking for.

My wrapped bodies last 2-3 times longer than ANY painted body I have ever owned.

Another good part is most of us also offer discounts on reprints.
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 AM   #37
Tech Elite

After this weekend, I have changed up mind about wraps. I dont like them.... Nothing against the makers. I know I cnat drive and its part of the reason why i stopped liking them I have 3 holes in the wrap, the body look tore up only from 3 days of racing..... i will wrap everything but the body, I will paint from here on out
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
After this weekend, I have changed up mind about wraps. I dont like them.... Nothing against the makers. I know I cnat drive and its part of the reason why i stopped liking them I have 3 holes in the wrap, the body look tore up only from 3 days of racing..... i will wrap everything but the body, I will paint from here on out
It all depends on your driving and the driving of the others on the track. This winter I raced in a demolition derby, umm I mean winter series where the drivers would drive through you. I think I missed the drivers meeting where they told us to do so. My wrapped body did not make the 8 race series. Both the buggy and truggy bodies are cracked. I had a buddy that broke his body in 1/2. The wrap held my bodies togeather so it actually helped. The one thing I do like about wrapped bodies is they don't show Ny damage if the paint rubs off. I even have kne body that I only painted the hood and it's holding up great. If you are always driving on your lid then well no body will hold up to that. I run the upgrade stuff just my personal preference but they hold up well for me. Plus the body is done quick I don't have to go to class to learn how to paint and I don't have to wait 6 weeks for the painter. I think wraps are the way to go.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
It all depends on your driving and the driving of the others on the track. This winter I raced in a demolition derby, umm I mean winter series where the drivers would drive through you. I think I missed the drivers meeting where they told us to do so. My wrapped body did not make the 8 race series. Both the buggy and truggy bodies are cracked. I had a buddy that broke his body in 1/2. The wrap held my bodies togeather so it actually helped. The one thing I do like about wrapped bodies is they don't show Ny damage if the paint rubs off. I even have kne body that I only painted the hood and it's holding up great. If you are always driving on your lid then well no body will hold up to that. I run the upgrade stuff just my personal preference but they hold up well for me. Plus the body is done quick I don't have to go to class to learn how to paint and I don't have to wait 6 weeks for the painter. I think wraps are the way to go.
Yep, like I said, I cant drive. It has nothing to do with the wrap it self, its a great product....
Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #40
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Yep, like I said, I cant drive. It has nothing to do with the wrap it self, its a great product....
I hear that I went through 4 wraps last year but the up side to it is I always get to drive a new lid. The lids that lasted the longest is the practice ones. I guess I dont do very much practice. hahaha
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #41
JUD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Since driving is a skill that reqiures mental strength, a nice, clean, good looking wrap will give you confidence, thus making you more focused. I think it makes you a better driver.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Quote:
Yes, Clueless, people are not talking out their buts your know, alot of people like myself have tried a couple different wraps from Ebay 14.99 to Fastlane 50... And I will tell you from experience, you get what you pay for... Fastlane is the best wraps around followed by Upgrade IMO... I have and run both... You go ahead and use Krylon and see how long that last.... Chads wraps are the thickest I think. See with most companies, Yes you can pick "color schemes" but chad/Fastland does 100% one of a kind wraps. You must be new to this hobby, but a good paint job will cost as much as 150 bucks just for the paint....and just to let you know all vinyl is not the same. So lets do this, lets see whos body hold up better, mine - fastlane or your - Rev.... I already have 3 races on mine.
3 races? nice. I've got 6 gallons on a REV wrap and JConcepts body.
Pics ready too.
dcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is silly.

Last edited by Kalgard Racing; 06-01-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #44
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BLKNOTCH

Just want to add that this thread has opened my eye's to wraps, I was unaware of them before stumbling on this thread.

Thanks for starting the thread.

Sean
Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing View Post
This is silly.
WINNER!! LOL. Hi todd.

Thanks to: Team Losi Racing, Fastlane GraphiX, Sidewinder Fuels, OS Engines, Lucky 7 RC Products
chickenfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote