R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 AM   #106
Tech Initiate

just a quick qiestion
how would i go about entring for the worlds?
deeps73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #107
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

YOU WOULD HAVE TO QUALIFY, or fill in the spot for your country in the qualified driver fails to go.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
RAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 AM   #108
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeps73 View Post
just a quick qiestion
how would i go about entring for the worlds?
you mean to go race in the worlds??

normally you have to race in official races in your country under the club/ association/ federation approaved by IFMAR. in the States, its ROAR for example because ROAR is in the US. in Kuwait, we race under RCCCK and thats the Kuwaiti club appraved by FEMCA and IFMAR. we do a 2 years point system over 14 races. Drivers in the top spots gets the allocations by IFMAR for the WC.

hope it helps

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:26 AM   #109
Tech Initiate

thanks guys
guess no chance of me making it to the world to race hahah
deeps73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #110
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
to be 100% honest, i dont think xray really care about IFMAR worlds or ROAR, Xray seem to love just winning the UKnationals all the time.

They've not won much in the UK for the last few seasons, 1/8th off road wise anway neil cragg has won the 1/8th title for the last 3 seasons. The last title they won was the Truggy nats with Jon Hazlewood. (1 or 2 years ago)

Jake
Jake C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #111
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (88%+)

Jesse Robbers, bring home the wood.
carlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #112
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Truhe's all over this. He won't make the mistake he did last time. I'm sure there is nothing he wants more than to redeem himself from what happened last time.

With that said, it's really anyone's guess. There are so many guys that could win it, from a number of different countries.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

We were at the Pre-worlds and had a great time and Dale is confirmed for the Worlds in Nov and we will be there.
If he has no issues Tebo has this in the bag for sure. I am a big fan of Hara, Tebo, Tessman, Agaoin and others but IMO Tebo will be the one.
Every car in the final at the Pre-Worlds broke or broke down and it was only luck that gave Meen the win (not saying he's no good, have to be to make the final).
The track has barrier fencing most of the way around made of 3/8 reo bar and when a buggy lands on it damage happens almost every time. Also the jumps are concrete and that caused major worries for every brand of engine, I saw at least a dozen broken engine blocks and no matter what brand. Hara cut the front and rear section off a chassis and fitted them to his car for the final just to ensure the car completed the final without wearing through.
I am not trying to bag the track as it is a great track but I just wanted to demonstrate that it will be the driver that is willing to be just that little bit more careful even if it means sacrificing a little pace that will win this one.
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #114
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My money is on an STS power'd buggy!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #115
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
We were at the Pre-worlds and had a great time and Dale is confirmed for the Worlds in Nov and we will be there.
If he has no issues Tebo has this in the bag for sure. I am a big fan of Hara, Tebo, Tessman, Agaoin and others but IMO Tebo will be the one.
Every car in the final at the Pre-Worlds broke or broke down and it was only luck that gave Meen the win (not saying he's no good, have to be to make the final).
The track has barrier fencing most of the way around made of 3/8 reo bar and when a buggy lands on it damage happens almost every time. Also the jumps are concrete and that caused major worries for every brand of engine, I saw at least a dozen broken engine blocks and no matter what brand. Hara cut the front and rear section off a chassis and fitted them to his car for the final just to ensure the car completed the final without wearing through.
I am not trying to bag the track as it is a great track but I just wanted to demonstrate that it will be the driver that is willing to be just that little bit more careful even if it means sacrificing a little pace that will win this one.
Hey Steve,

Great to hear about Dale how many allocations you guys got in Aus?? or you dont know yet?? i know 3 are confirmed for each country in Femca already but the number might go up. i'm confirmed since i won our Nats few monthes ago and when you add up the points from 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 season, i also hold the # 1 spot but i aint running Kyosho no more, ill race my Losi for the WC since i had great success with it this season.

who's also confirmed from Aus??

cheers and see you in Pattaya

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
Old 07-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #116
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
I'll chime in here n say cav will b the most consistent lap to lap without crashes so that's who I'll put the money on, however I think ull see the fastest time by Cody king cause that dude can throw down some retarded fast laps. I would say consistency wins this race tho so for America I think our top guys in order r cavalieri drake Truhe and if king can keep his cool for n hour he mite actually have the best chance IMO.

Also u got those fast locals lik meen v who dominated a few months ago there and then hara who apparently is putting some serious time into that track could deff b a bad thing for everyone else. I think europes only hope is savoya and the aigons who over here don't do anything but over there can haul ass, I think it's the sx type tracks here that they struggle at (very understanding) n finally tye tessman who is showing some solid speed and is deff coming around at the right time.

The way I look at it, ur winners gonna be the guy who wakes up feeling fast and ready and also has there car set up right and keeps it together or doesn't break, has good fuel strategy and some luck. if any one of those things aren't right then it's gonna b hard to win. Just remember the best always rise to the top.
thanks for the vote of confidence, we are going there to win not get second Nats was a good warm-up and our engines are really solid these days. Team Orion basically dominated in difficult conditions in Colorado. Looking forward to this race!
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ali, getting info from anyone about this event is like getting blood from a stone. There is talk of 250 entry limit and Australia I believe has ten allocations (did only have two). Suprisingly there has been only a small number of entries submitted from Australia and as such all entries have been confirmed.
So far all that I know are going are Dale, Josh Pain and Wayne Walker.
Savoya is also going but I think he is racing for France even though he resides in Australia ATM.

Congratulations on your Nats win Ali, good to see you made it to the Worlds. Any others coming from Kuwait?

Steve
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #118
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say TY TESSMAN all the way, GO TY
madac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post
Ali, getting info from anyone about this event is like getting blood from a stone. There is talk of 250 entry limit and Australia I believe has ten allocations (did only have two). Suprisingly there has been only a small number of entries submitted from Australia and as such all entries have been confirmed.
So far all that I know are going are Dale, Josh Pain and Wayne Walker.
Savoya is also going but I think he is racing for France even though he resides in Australia ATM.

Congratulations on your Nats win Ali, good to see you made it to the Worlds. Any others coming from Kuwait?

Steve
Thanks Steve,

and i know what you mean about getting info. we were there during the Nitro Party and Charlie is 100% sure that he/ his facility can accept 250 drivers. now its up to IFMAR to make it happen.

till now we have 3 confirmed allocations. Mohammed Tarmoum (bump up guy from FEMCA) and mohammed hajry (he took 16000 photos with wayne )
and finally myself.

hopefully will get more because the remaining 7 in our top 10 really want to race.

it feels good to lock up your place already when many wish to get the chance to race in the WC

and for the winner, i will vote on myself this time

cheers
Ali
Old 07-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #120
Tech Master

Savoya is on FIRE !!!!

just won his 3rd EFRA title in a row. what a performance!!!

big favorite for the WC maybe??