R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #496
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
If you ask me, I would say all 12 drivers and their rides were equally capable of winning the WC, it is all down to lady luck...

All you need is someone to bang, clip, side swipe you to drop from 1st to the last...

true but man all the losi drivers though have bad luck ? or was it the buggys i was reading on neobuggy about it .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #497
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, the lap times were pretty close. All things equal (drivers and their rides), you still have on track traffic and pit stop strategy to consider... I won't go ahead and say Losi sucked, just that lady luck ain't on their side... You can have the best driver driving the fastest car on track with the best lap time and still lose, that's racing!

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #498
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
true but man all the losi drivers though have bad luck ? or was it the buggys i was reading on neobuggy about it .
The ladder system kept a lot of Losi/US drivers out of the final, or else it would of been an almost all US final.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:17 AM   #499
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
Well, the lap times were pretty close. All things equal (drivers and their rides), you still have on track traffic and pit stop strategy to consider... I won't go ahead and say Losi sucked, just that lady luck ain't on their side... You can have the best driver driving the fastest car on track with the best lap time and still lose, that's racing!
Yup Ryan Maifield..... my hats of to him for being such a good sportsman for not having won the WC.

Not to mention Hara being 2 secs behind and still being a good ambassador about it.

At the end Cody did it, you could see it in the final, I witnessed every moment of it, he kept his cool, he was for sure in the zone and he deserved the win, awesome WC, awesome display of driving.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #500
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Losi driver didn't have the tires for the semifinal and final................

They all done well in the qualifying.............and the world crumble when it comes to long finals.

The tires they brought along didn't work at all or that well in the 30 mins and 60 mins finals.

Team Losi have so many drivers..............capable of making it.............and nobody ever thought this could have happened. OMG !
Old 11-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #501
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All the setup changes in the world don't mean jack if the tires are wrong, it's most important aspect of setting up you car.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:40 AM   #502
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
All the setup changes in the world don't mean jack if the tires are wrong, it's most important aspect of setting up you car.
++1
Old 11-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #503
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

all of the losi drivers in the semi, except for drake, had problems of some sort. Its hard to beat the best in the world, running out of gas, or flaming.
rc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #504
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HELLO GUYS

Man i've just realised that i didnt post since the WC!!

Ok, i know my thread has come to an end with Cody answering our big question (Congrats Cody) you deserve it big time specially after your superb performance during the Amain Congrats to Pitpop, Mark Pavidis, Adrien Bertin and all the Kyosho family.

since it was my first WC, its impossible to say how happy i was to be there with all the big names around (the guys you only see on Neobuggy and in Magazines) and to be able to chat with the best guys from all around the world asking them about this and that or only to introduce myself and to have a small talk about our passion.

my own WC wasnt that great hitting bad luck in few quals and the big hit during my sub final, after the control practice i was in race 7 with Ales bayer, Matt Griffin(AUS) and Philips (USA)....

Qual 1 went smooth with few mistakes and managed a 12 laps in 10:17
qual 2 started really strong pacing a good solid 13 laps but a guy flipped my car twice (his fault) throwing my pace away and finishing a slow 12 laps. he got a written warning that would never bring my 13 laps back.

after 2 quals, i was 64th overall and i was very happy about it.

qual 3 and 4 went really bad, qual 3 was me just being out of shape because i pulled an all nighter and qual 4 was great untill a guy decided to land on my rear shock, the shock shaft was bent and ofcourse impossible to keep the same pace but still managed a very slow 12 laps. i think i was down to 78th after 4 quals!

qual 5 and 6 went horribly wrong, qual 5, i go up the stand, track is open, other cars on the track already and i dont see my pitman nor my car he forgot his mechanic badge and had to go back to our table to get it, came back, started the car (time is running) motor still cold and it dies the very first lap, i was very pissed so i couldnt hold my lines at all

qual 6 started and i put my fastest lap during the whole week, a 46.027 put 2 laps later, my engine died when i landed on the 3 jump of the triple double, flywheel hit the ground!!

so after 6 quals i was down to 101 and will race the 128th final, i was very confident going in seing how the guys ran and knowing that am one of the fastest guys in my sub final, race started, managed to take the lead before we even hit the sensor, got to the big double jump in the back and a very nice brain fart + marshall was on slow mo, i was back to last back to the race, manages to pull to 7th or 8th within a lap and boom, a flame out, i knew am out but i wanted to continue just for the final standing, pitman trying to restart the car and i hear BOOOOOM, i knew my conrod was gone so this is how it ended, it was my fault since this conrod is 2 years old and had more than 12 gallons on it!! stupid?? hell yeah but i learned it the hard way i dont even know what's my final standing.

what a great experience it was, i loved each and every single second of the whole week (not including my racing time)

i would like to say few words to finish my long essay

Big thanks to Ryan Lutz for being such a great person and for giving me his own fuel gallon so i could start my car and do the inspection (they were out of Byron untill the night of the 7th) also for your set-up tips and your smile whenever you see a fan.

Tons and Tons of thanks to Mark Pavidis for his AKA tires support and for sharing with us alot of his experince and knowledge. thanks for having us in your container for those small chats, you are the man Mark and congrats on the new AKA Title

Thanks to Billy fischer for being the best Losi representitive and for offering your help and support whenever i had a question, thanks also for the rear skid plate

Thanks to Roger from Ultimate Racing for having me in his team and for the full support during the whole week, Gracias

Thanks to Team Mugen Japan for the best laughs ever

Thanks to JQ for being such a nice person to hang out with, Kim too

Thanks to Hara and Murai for being our Friends

Conrad Amezcua, thanks buddy for all those smoking moments we shared
man you are the coolest Dad ever.

Dakota Phend, sorry about your 1/4 final, marshall acted like a B*%$H, IMO, you did the best job out of all drivers, you didnt go to practice and still managed to be in race 1 and finishing in the 1/4

Dakota's Mom, really nice to meet you

Cody, sorry i took your fuel gallon but they had it for sale congrats on the win again. Pitpop, it was nice meeting you and congrats to you too

Jared, simply thanks for being Jared Tebo you should have accepted my offer and ran the tires i glued for the Amain

i know am forgetting alot of people i just wanna say thanks to everybody who helped, talked, or even said Hi to me !!!

cheers and sorry for the Long response

Ali Bullail
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #505
Tech Fanatic

I still can't believe Hara got a stop and go penalty that could have possibly cost him a 2nd world title in a row.

However, it goes without saying. Congratulations to Cody king!
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #506
JQ
Tech Master

yes specially since he stopped on the track too.
JQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #507
Tech Fanatic

I'm glad someone else saw it the same way. I can't believe people were not talking about that more.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #508
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG24 View Post
I'm glad someone else saw it the same way. I can't believe people were not talking about that more.
Before, during and after the Worlds, I feel that Hara never got the respect and attention that he deserved as the defending champion. LiveRC could talk about Australian drivers, European drivers, drivers from tin buck two, but not about Hara. One or two NeoBuggy videos and that's it. I have my ideas about the reason for the dissing, but it doesn't seem professional of the media. Hara has skills and always seemed personable. He was gracious on the stand. He even stated that Cody had a great chance of winning in Brazil. Maybe next time around things will even out.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #509
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Before, during and after the Worlds, I feel that Hara never got the respect and attention that he deserved as the defending champion. LiveRC could talk about Australian drivers, European drivers, drivers from tin buck two, but not about Hara. One or two NeoBuggy videos and that's it. I have my ideas about the reason for the dissing, but it doesn't seem professional of the media. Hara has skills and always seemed personable. He was gracious on the stand. He even stated that Cody had a great chance of winning in Brazil. Maybe next time around things will even out.
WTF Bud??? You being racist towards Australia and Europe?
Xrayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayfan View Post
WTF Bud??? You being racist towards Australia and Europe?
Seriously? Fail. Hope your being sarcastic... He's saying they gave alot of attention to drivers that nobody ever heard of and guys that weren't making the finals, rather than the (at the time) defending WORLD CHAMP.