R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-13-2010, 03:33 PM   #481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Damn that's huge. Isn't there a rule that the furtest point can't be more than 100ft away from the driversstand?
That can't be a rule. The Farm was a huge track too. Not sure how they regulate that, but all of the worlds tracks I've seen were huge.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #482
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So, now that the dust has settled, did anyone got it right? I bet the bookie must be smiling all the way to the bank...

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #483
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
So, now that the dust has settled, did anyone got it right? I bet the bookie must be smiling all the way to the bank...
Not many saw Cody as the World Champ, but he just kept getting better, a the week rolled on. His semi's is where he really started to put it all together.. And in the finals it was Tebo, Hara, or King until Tebo Flamed with 10 or so to go, even still Hara and King were balls to the wall until the end..
Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #484
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

can someone send me a link on how the worlds work in regards of mains, semi mains, and qualifying...

thx
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #485
Tech Regular

Well done to all the americans for a well fought victory. It was very close. Har was working hard to do what has never been done in 1/8th scale offroad. That is a 2 time world champ.
The americans were just hoping that it would be any american. I mean a sport dominated world wide by the top 10 best drivers are americans. Hara stood the test and gave it a good go so look at the effort and watch out next year he has an agenda.

Agood eye will aslo see that we have some new emerging talent. Espescially the Aussie. a youngster with many years to get to world champ, watch out for the new talent.
8th scale is alot more difficult to winn world champs. Who would have thought Cody? Like who would have thought Pavidis?
Well done guys Khyosho has again proved to be the reliable champion winner chassis.

Go Khyosho well done america!
Jammin JPX 21/OS Speed
Jammin X1 CRT
Go tech 21 5p
Upraded to Stelar Galactic
Jammin X1 CRT.5
Power by SH12
Either your Jammin or losing"Catch me if you can"
Team Dramatic
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 AM   #486
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702

good job to you all way to bring it home
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #487
Tech Master

I wish there could be a 3 or even a 5 race series to determine the champion. Too many uncontrollable, freak accidents happen in the qualifiers and above.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #488
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like how all the corners are wearing masks. Must have been using some really potent stuff on the track.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #489
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Z View Post
I like how all the corners are wearing masks. Must have been using some really potent stuff on the track.
I think it was an oil and diesel fuel mix....things are different in Thailand I guess. I can't imagine what the EPA would do to me if they caught me pouring diesel and oil into the ground at my local track.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:14 PM   #490
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
I'll chime in here n say cav will b the most consistent lap to lap without crashes so that's who I'll put the money on, however I think ull see the fastest time by Cody king cause that dude can throw down some retarded fast laps. I would say consistency wins this race tho so for America I think our top guys in order r cavalieri drake Truhe and if king can keep his cool for n hour he mite actually have the best chance IMO.

Also u got those fast locals lik meen v who dominated a few months ago there and then hara who apparently is putting some serious time into that track could deff b a bad thing for everyone else. I think europes only hope is savoya and the aigons who over here don't do anything but over there can haul ass, I think it's the sx type tracks here that they struggle at (very understanding) n finally tye tessman who is showing some solid speed and is deff coming around at the right time.

The way I look at it, ur winners gonna be the guy who wakes up feeling fast and ready and also has there car set up right and keeps it together or doesn't break, has good fuel strategy and some luck. if any one of those things aren't right then it's gonna b hard to win. Just remember the best always rise to the top.
I have to give this guy props, he picked Cody... and in fact he did have "retarded fast laps" in Q1, and during the main. Right on Matt Piva, and thanks for believing
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #491
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
I have to give this guy props, he picked Cody... and in fact he did have "retarded fast laps" in Q1, and during the main. Right on Matt Piva, and thanks for believing
Huge Congratulations to you and Cody Pitpop! Well deserved win!
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #492
Tech Master

thanks man, it's starting to sink in what happened... I mean you spend 12 years of your life dreaming about maybe Cody could win a big title, and start wondering if it will ever happen... we were looking at how old Cody was and counting how many Worlds he would realistically have a chance to win, and now we get to think about winning another one, it's really just a dream come true, amazing...
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM   #493
Tech Elite

Congratulations! It great to see all of the hard work pay off. It's great to see a dad support his son like you do. We need more dad's like that.
Chris Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #494
Tech Prophet

i dont know.. if you guys notice on the world results but man losi really sucked i dint even see one in the the top 10 i guess that tells you the eight buggy isnt to good on a rough track like that.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #495
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you ask me, I would say all 12 drivers and their rides were equally capable of winning the WC, it is all down to lady luck...

All you need is someone to bang, clip, side swipe you to drop from 1st to the last...