R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default cant get losi 8 started

I just bought a Losi 8 rtr and cant get it started. Its a 350 that came with it. I used the box it came with and striped the wheel belt. Called losi they sent me better two motor box. Got it started didnt last long. Getting stuck at top dead center. Release it with screwdriver, heat engine up etc. My new box is gettin ruuber wear from the tight flywheel. Called local hobby. They said called losi. Losi said send it in. Is it possible it is to tight, bad engine, user error. Help.. Frustrated
surg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by surg View Post
I just bought a Losi 8 rtr and cant get it started. Its a 350 that came with it. I used the box it came with and striped the wheel belt. Called losi they sent me better two motor box. Got it started didnt last long. Getting stuck at top dead center. Release it with screwdriver, heat engine up etc. My new box is gettin ruuber wear from the tight flywheel. Called local hobby. They said called losi. Losi said send it in. Is it possible it is to tight, bad engine, user error. Help.. Frustrated
Most new motors are a pain to start because there is so much pinch. I recommend heating it up to around 200 degrees and then putting some aluminum foil around the head to keep the heat in the motor. It should be easier to start the motor, but all new motors are like that for the first few tanks.
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New engines are tight, and it seems that the latest generation of engines are even tighter when new. Just keep heating it up before starting.

I really recommend going to your local track and getting help from someone with experience. There's only so much that can be done via text in a forum. I'm always helping n00bs at my track because people helped me when I was a n00b.

But... you may need to lean the engine some just to get it started, then richen it again after it's started for break-in.
markr04 is offline   Reply With Quote